IGNORED

I hate Rap, it ain't real music it's crap, I hate Rap

Midrsv

I saw cyote61's signature line, "I hate Rap, it ain't real music it's crap, I hate Rap" and made me laugh about a rap music encounter I had last Friday and I thought I would share it here.

While I don't care for Rap music I don't mind other listening to it as long as they don't force it on me. Anyway, I was driving through city traffic in the left lane of of a 4 lane street adjacent to the university campus. It was stop and go traffic and this small car pulled up along my right just a few feet in front of me. There were two young ladies in it, about 17 or 18 and they had the window rolled down with the RAP music cranked up obnoxiously loud and they were bouncing up and down and flailing there arms around as if to be dancing with the music and chanting along at the top of their voice. I looked them and thought what inconsiderate jerks. The sun was out and it had warmed up and the snow melt across the street had caused my windshield to become a mess. So I used my washer and I noticed that the wipers of my Tahoe were flipping washer fluid off to the right of the windshield. After seeing that this little devil took over within me and an evil little grin came on my face. I eased the truck up a few feet so that my windshield was in line with the obnoxious girl's open window. I just had to rewash my windshield and did. But the slow speed only threw the fluid a short way past the truck. So I switched them to high and let it rip again. The girl was startled and immediately quit chanting and quickly began rolling up her window. The light turned green and and pulled off with that grin on my face and the satisfaction knowing I had saved a few motorists from having to endure that noise while in traffic.

I must say that that behavior is normally not my style and it will probably come back to haunt me some day, but it was funny. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DT

My 62 VW, which I owned when I was young and irresponsible, had washers that you could aim and they would go all the way to the side of the car so far as to miss the windshield............guess what...........The VW windshield washers were also powered by the air pressure in the spare tire in the front trunk, so we would air that puppy up to about 50-60 lbs and pull up to a bus stop or car with open window and let it fly..........and you didnt have to turn the wiper on, there was a button in the middle of the wiper on/off switch that you pushed and the only thing that happened was the washer squirted as long as you held the button down, you could shoot a nice jet of water about 6-7 feet with good pressure in the tire............you could also aim it to shoot completely over the car and onto the car behind you.:depressed:..........they couldnt figure out where it was coming from..:think:...........gee wish I had that bug back, forgot how much fun we had in it...........

I heard about this guy who had been arrested for playing rap to loud. Don't remember the details. But after the 2nd arrest for disturbing the peace, the judge sentenced the guy to sit in a jail cell every day for a week, and listion to Bethoven's music. I guess that finally got the message thru to him.

Every other music has lasted only 8, 10, 12 years, Why is rap, the worse stuff I have ever hear, lasting so long. But I guess it isn't the music so much, if you don't live where rap music isn't, you have to bite your tongue and bear it. :confused24:

I saw cyote61's signature line, "I hate Rap, it ain't real music it's crap, I hate Rap" and made me laugh about a rap music encounter I had last Friday and I thought I would share it here.

While I don't care for Rap music I don't mind other listening to it as long as they don't force it on me. Anyway, I was driving through city traffic in the left lane of of a 4 lane street adjacent to the university campus. It was stop and go traffic and this small car pulled up along my right just a few feet in front of me. There were two young ladies in it, about 17 or 18 and they had the window rolled down with the RAP music cranked up obnoxiously loud and they were bouncing up and down and flailing there arms around as if to be dancing with the music and chanting along at the top of their voice. I looked them and thought what inconsiderate jerks. The sun was out and it had warmed up and the snow melt across the street had caused my windshield to become a mess. So I used my washer and I noticed that the wipers of my Tahoe were flipping washer fluid off to the right of the windshield. After seeing that this little devil took over within me and an evil little grin came on my face. I eased the truck up a few feet so that my windshield was in line with the obnoxious girl's open window. I just had to rewash my windshield and did. But the slow speed only threw the fluid a short way past the truck. So I switched them to high and let it rip again. The girl was startled and immediately quit chanting and quickly began rolling up her window. The light turned green and and pulled off with that grin on my face and the satisfaction knowing I had saved a few motorists from having to endure that noise while in traffic.

I must say that that behavior is normally not my style and it will probably come back to haunt me some day, but it was funny. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DT

only wish I had the opportunity you did and I'm with you I don't care what crap people listen to as long as they don't force me to listen also!!!!!!

I heard about this guy who had been arrested for playing rap to loud. Don't remember the details. But after the 2nd arrest for disturbing the peace, the judge sentenced the guy to sit in a jail cell every day for a week, and listion to Bethoven's music. I guess that finally got the message thru to him.

We had a Report in our Morning TV Show which stated a Judge in US, i think it was in Nevada, sentenced them playing "obnoxious loud Music" Folks to several Hours of hearing Barry Manilow Music.... It helped a Lot !! !! If they won't appear to face their Sentence, they got their Driver's License suspended or even revoked.

I have been a certified member of F.A.R.T.:smile5: ever since my kids were born........and I also detest that rap crap especially when I can hear it coming from another vehicle that I cant even see at a stop light........I used to have a sub in my van that I would turn up every time one got close to me and play some old 60's rock, didnt help, just got strange looks like.........whats with that old F.A.R.T.:confused24:

Well,When on my RSV and someone comes up playing RAP or any other Mess I do not Like that is VERY loud,I turn mine up with a little Hank Williams REAL LOUD right next to them...I guess not the best thing to do but I figure they want me to hear their music so I want to introduce them to some country music...Yep I get in trouble from Debby EVERYTIME I do this...."Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"Really gets there attention.

I don't mind some of the rap "music" at all... what pi$$es me off is the kids who sink ton's of money into high-powered sound systems in their cars...the kind that cause the whole car to vibrate...and then drive down the street with it cranked to the max and all the windows down.

'nuther one... anyone who rides public transit with an mp3 player or whatever wearing crappy ear plugs that everyone can hear their music.

IMHO, these kids are a) inconsiderate and b) have no idea what they are doing to their hearing....they'll all be deaf long before the grave.

:guitarist 2:OMG you guys are funny ! Reading all of these posts, Do you realize that these are all the same things our parents said to us about heavy metal music or that our grandparents said to our parents about Elvis Presley and Rock and Roll? Sure there are kids that still take it too far but didn't we?

I guess as long as there are parents and kids this will forever be an age old complaint. It always gives me a chuckle to hear the older generation complain about the new music of youth.

I'm sure Beethoven's Father complained about the awful noise his son was making on that new fangeled piano he was playing on.:big-grin-emoticon:

I was with my 16 year old son laast night at Wal Mart while he picked out some new CDs. He got Eagles, Chicago and Blood Sweat & Tears. I said "You have great taste in music!". He said, "got it from you, dad!" I am so glad both my teenagers have good (IMHO) taste in music! One other story - 16+ years ago my then 16 YO niece came to spend the summer with us while my wife was pregnant with our twins. I told her she just had to remember the two "R's" - No Rap and No 'Rastlin'! She behaved.