IGNORED

selling all my bikes.

Snarley Bill

well the time has come that i have had to make the big discision, to sell all my bikes. i have a v-star 1300, 1800 gold wing, yamaha majesty scooter, and a zx-1400 kawasaki to sell. just turned 66 and it's time i face the fact that i'm not as young as i thought i was. so i have decided when i turn 75 i will have to part with them. horrors. so i am getting a list together of people who will be interested. now this is what you do when you come down with cabin fever. :depressed: :sign brain fart: :sign29: snarley bill :rasberry:

just turned 66 and it's time i face the fact that i'm not as young as i thought i was. :rasberry:

Snarley Bill I wish I would have met you when you were young. You must have been riding Brama Bulls for fun after that lineup you now own!:rotfl::rotfl::thumbsup2::D

well the time has come that i have had to make the big discision, to sell all my bikes. i have a v-star 1300, 1800 gold wing, yamaha majesty scooter, and a zx-1400 kawasaki to sell. just turned 66 and it's time i face the fact that i'm not as young as i thought i was. so i have decided when i turn 75 i will have to part with them. horrors. so i am getting a list together of people who will be interested. now this is what you do when you come down with cabin fever. :depressed: :sign brain fart: :sign29: snarley bill :rasberry:

No guts--at least you got peoples attention. The old timer that invited me on my first poker run rode his bike year round here in northern Ohio. I would be going to work with 2 inches of snow on the road and he would be comeing home from his night shift. He rode up to the last 6 months before he passed.

Wish I was that tough.

Gil

Back around 1988 to 1990, not sure exactly anymore, when I was still rideing the old Beemer. I was headed over the Cascades, on I-90 enroute to Ellensburg Wa. I stopped at the Rest Stop about half way. There was a nearly new Harley parked, with a trailer if I remember correct.

So I'm walking towards the free Coffee, ( yes you can get free coffee at rest stops in Wa. ) and I spot Two Elderly ladies, I estimated, in their 80's ( at the time ) walking toward the Harley.

Hmmm?? says I, to me. ???? Interesting ---

So I watch, as they head straight to the Harley, put on the helmets, jackets, and gloves, Mount up, and head out East on I-90.

Its a very busy rest stop, and lot of folks were doing double takes, as they rode off.

OK, about 6 months later, I'm reading one of the cycle magazines, and here is a story about the Grandma from ( I think Mass. or N.H. somplace around there ) who had been rideing back seat with her husband since they were married back in the 30's sometime.

Her husband passed away when she was about 78. At about the age of 82 she just could not take it any more. ( Not being on the road, that is ) So, she bought a small bike, took rideing lessons, and at the age of 84 bought a new Harley !!!

The story went on how she, and one of her best friends, went on a Bike trip down east coast, then to Calif, then up to Alaska, then back to Wa. then took I-90 back to the home in the N.E corner of the country. I distinctley recall, that she was 84 at the time they set out on the circle the U.S Trip ( with Alaska thrown in )

I finished the story in the mag. Then I realize, that must have been the two ladies I saw that day at the rest stop on I-90!!

Anyway :thumbsup2: to grandma !!! Whoever she was.