IGNORED

How do you take apart a diaphram

Hello...........

I have had my new ride for about 3 days now, posted a question about bogging down and with the help a few of you was able to determine the diaphrams have some holes in them. I have them out. How does a person take the diaphram portion off of the slide? Where the diaphram hooks onto the slide there is what looks like a plastic washer on top and underneath. Does it unscrew? I can get it to twist a little but do not see it coming off very easily. Anybody have an idea how this is done?

Thanks

Bnkrbill

If you buy the assemblies all you have to change is the pilot shaft. Be careful with the plastic flat head screw that inside the slider and all washers under the head of the pin. If you buy aftermarket you have to take them apart but not advisable. Just get the Yamaha ones.

Margaret

If you buy the assemblies all you have to change is the pilot shaft. Be careful with the plastic flat head screw that inside the slider and all washers under the head of the pin. If you buy aftermarket you have to take them apart but not advisable. Just get the Yamaha ones.

Margaret

Now why did I think that you were gonna say something about the other kind of diaphram.....my bad...:whistling::whistling:

The slide and diaphram are 1 piece and as mentioned by Mini the needle is the removable part. You should take the diaphrams and hold them up to a bright light and look through them for holes. Also I have seen where folks have installed them wrong and the edge was folded over and not working properly.

The 1st gen is very picky on the air box and it doesn't take much for it to make it a bit out of whack. Here are a few pics just for grins

I moved this thread here to the First Gen tech talk area.

Nice guy to the new members, tell him you moved the thread to a different section, now when he goes looking for the post in the watering hole, how is gonna see your post about moving it ?

:rotf::sign20:

BRad

I got in touch with the seller and offered a group type buy or the possibility of contacting the moderators for a spot on our site. Here is what I got back.

At this time I cannot get more than 1 set per week. The supply is exceedig the demand.

He does not have a buy it now price. So, I suggest that we consider a spot on the forum for "Need this item from a vendor on eBay" I have seen this before on websites. I understand the desire not to drive the price of an item up. I also understand that competition is what makes eBay work. I leave this up to the moderators and how they might want to handle this.

I want a set of these for later in the spring. So, I will not be bidding until the end of February.

JB

I got mine from this vendor about two weeks ago. Took me longer to remove the plastic then to replace the diaphrams. I spent $110.01 to get mine. I had been bidding every week for about 6 weeks and always getting outbid, finally up it to get them. I know that some paid less then I did and that's ok. I paid what I thought they were worth, still a deal since I paid $27.50 each instead of the next best price of $65. Now I know that all four diaphrams on my bike are good.