IGNORED

Member number

TEW47

You can go to the members list and click and then click on "join date" and it will sort the list according to the date that people joined. As Margaret said though, it doesn't really mean anything due to the crash after which everybody had to re-register. I really don't remember who the first 10 original members were.

Except for one.....ME.....I was NUMBER ONE! :rasberry:

Guest BluesLover
You can go to the members list and click and then click on "join date" and it will sort the list according to the date that people joined. As Margaret said though, it doesn't really mean anything due to the crash after which everybody had to re-register. I really don't remember who the first 10 original members were.

Except for one.....ME.....I was NUMBER ONE! :rasberry:

Yeehaw ... it's a free-for-all on the membership numbers! I think I'll be #5,245 - yes, that is who and what I am!

Cheers,

I can tell you that besides Don, Black owl, Boo, Sofa Pilot were some of the 1st members of VR.org. I was about the 400 mark when I joined and Brad T has been here longer than me. There are a few "Old timers" here

:happy34:

I am now 578 was away during the crash (so i was not the blame), but was under a hundred the first time around.

I can not even remember when this site originally started. Was it July 2004 ?

Brad

I joined around Feb 05 but was pretty much a lurker for a while and bought my RSV in June 05... I remember Dallas.. He always posted in all caps... I thought he was a pretty funny guy... Then I talked to some guys that knew him personaly and found out he wasn't trying to be funny and had some serious issues and I felt like crap for laughing at him... DOH!

I can't remember how many members there were when I joined. There were very few of us out West, at first I was the only one in the Sacramento Valley, Rich was over in the bay area!! There were a number of members down in SoCal. That I do remember.

I first found this site when I had a problem with a couple of my gauges that was driving me nuts. Even took it to a local mechanic who couldn't figure it out ... told me the bike was haunted and to get it outta his shop. He charged me two hours labor ... for nothing!! When searching the internet I found this place ... ran a thread with what I was experiencing ... got a immediate answer ... can't remember who from ... telling me to wiggle this, squeeze that, clean this ... very simple solution to a perplexing problem!!

Actually I was pissed with the response ... I figured I had just been invited to a snipe hunt!! I signed off figuring that I'd never need to come back to it again!!

I thought about it for a while ... walked around the office a few times then thought ... maybe I should go give the advice a try, I mean there is no way anyone could see me and make fun of me ... besides the gauge problem was driving me crazy ... so out in the parking in front of my office I went ... I looked around, took a deep breath and figured ... what the heck, went over to the bike and ... So I wiggled this, squeezed that, cleaned this ...

Needless to say, it took care of the problem and I been hanging around this place ever since!! Met a lot of really neat people, many of which I am privleged to call friends. Many of these friends I've met in person, some I have not seen yet.

Edited by HdHtr

I picked up somewhere that it was July 21. The date sticks out to me because it's my birthday.

I aggree with Lynn. It is also my birthday. I noticed somewhere on the site that the official "birth date" of the site was July 21st. 2004. Freebird? Whats your input on this?

• 4 weeks later...

Hadn't looked at this thread before, seen the title but it really didn't register.

I really can't remember the first few but there was about 30 or 40 in in the beginning.

A few false starts with some different software and I remember voting on the name. If you don't like the name you could throw some blame at me as I voted for it.

I was number 8 when the site took off but of course the big crash changed all that.

Of course the numbers don't mean much.

The site turned out to be a great site under Don's and the moderators supervision.

Jerry

I joined up here within a week of getting my bike Memorial Day weekend '05'.

Can't really recall just how many folks were already here, several hundred for sure. As to numbers they're really meaningless anyhow as we're all on the same level new or old except for Don. Him being the head honcho he's #1 in more ways than one. Without Don's vision of what this site should be about and his dedication to keep it going we wouldn't be here now. THANKS Don. :clap2: And moderators. :thumbsup2:

Larry