IGNORED

so what is everyone doing for black friday?

Guest celdawn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Others of us think those people are absolutely crazy and no special is worth sleeping outside in 20* weather and fighting crowds to get in the door. Some places are opening at 4AM. Poor employees to have to be there at that hour. I stay as far away from all this as I can. My Christmas shopping is done long before the Christmas rush.

Well, Celdawn I do not think that I am going out to shop, which is something I traditionally always did.

To me it is not worth getting into the crowds and traffic. I believe because of the economic situation we are in, that all I have to do is wait and I will find just as good of deals next week.

I think I will just sit back and think what a great Thanksgiving I had the day before. Oh I almost forgot, I may put up the Christmas tree.

Yama Mama:223:

Going to Meet Bongo Bob at Big Toms. We're going to sit around and eat pizza and wings and tell big whopping lies about ...well. about anything we want to. Hope to meet more of my fellow New York Venture buddies and hopeful introduce my brother that just became a member.

Eatin leftovers.

Since wifeypoo developed a blood sugar problem she's give up baking goodies ... if you got any left over pie ... overnite it to me??

Oven roasted turkey on Thursday.....Deep fried turkey on Friday.....and if the weather is willing I'm headed for the hills on the scoot. :cool10:

Let the amateurs shop themselves silly....next couple of weeks before Christmas all that stuff will be on sale cheaper than Black Friday!:rotf:

Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving and the Shops give out huge Discounts and special Offers. Some Folks like to camp out on the Front Door just to get these Specials.

Well now - we don't have any of that crazy Thanksgiving stuff down here. We don't even worry about Halloween. I think Aussies are too laid back to be concerned with all that hype. But going by your definition - EVERYDAY is Black Friday down here. Specials and discounts are on ALL the time.

And speaking of specials - we're in the middle of a petrol war.

About a month ago we were paying up to $1.56 a litre for fuel.

I filled up yesterday for $1.08 a litre. Some places in Sydney were down below the $1 mark. There's a lot to be said for the way the world economy is going - in some areas.

I know a lot of people are hurting, especially top-side.

Down here, we're doing okay. We're always learning from the USA's mistakes.

That's nothing personal - just a well know fact.