IGNORED

accident settlement bittersweet...

Ladyrider

I wanted to let you know were going to finialize the settlement today. they finally offered the policy limit. that is what i asked for from the begining. the expenses and lawyers fees are staggering. But, I fought for my Tom and I was told by someone that offering the full policy is an ADMISSION OF GUILT. Tom Elton Patterson was NOT at fault. Oh, Tom, my dearest, I would not let those jerks mar your good name, no sirree.

I have been crying most of the day. How, I would, trade if all to have him back, be in his arms once again. Its bitter sweet, bitter sweet. Thank all of you for your prayers and support, we appreicate it and I know for certain Tom would, also. I just wish I could quit crying.

Hang in there..You have alot of friends all over the country here and anytime you need something just give a ring. We would love to have you visit us sometime and Debby and I will be glad to show you around. Tom.

Does the settlement include those aweful fees?

But, I guess at long last that part is done.

Rick, in california, settlements are basically split 3 ways. 1/3 for the lawyers, 1/3 for the children and 1/3 for the spouse. I had two attourneys. when the 1st guy called in the second guy, he tried to tell me that he charges 40%. I said, no, I will not agree to that. Toms case was a walk in the park, obiviously NOT at fault and squeeky clean life. So the two attourney's are splitting their hefty 1/3 (33%).

BTW...I went out yesterday and purchased an umbrella policy for my home and autos. we only had 100,000 Coverage. I felt sick, when I realized if I hurt someone or took their life, that is all I would have to offer the family. If you can afford it, I highly recommend it.

"How, I would, trade if all to have him back, be in his arms once again."

How true is this? There is not enough money in the world to replace the loved ones and friends we have lost. Keep strong and we continue to pray for you Sherry:2132:

Guest maddabber

:bighug::bighug:Sherry

Money will never replace Tom thats for sure ,BUT he will always be there looking over you. He will hold your hand, the breeze will be his voice and the warmth of the sun will be him holding you forever. Please take care of yourself and you know there are a lot of friends here when you need us.

Darrell

:bighug:

You have many friends here. I'll bet Tom is very proud of the fact that you stood tall and didn't let the Lawyers or the insurance companies take advantage of you. Theres nothing more admirable than a strong clear headed partner. We all feel your grief though we can not share your pain. As others I'm sure have said it does lessen with time. Congratulations on winning the good fight and holding Toms good reputation high. :thumbsup2:

hang in there Sherry , youre in our thoughts and hearts and now you have ended this fight so you can start to heal. sometime you gonna need a vacation so you might as well start coming back out to the venture rallies and roundups ,...when ever youre ready we will be there for you.

Brian

Hang in there Sherry, I know exactly what you are going through. I too received a cheque this week from my lawyer in Ohio. It was a partial settlement for the policy limits from the young lady's insurance. Minus attorney fees and expenses of course. He's still fighting to get the under insured motorist provision from my company.

I looked at the cheque and had absolutely no emotion at all about it. All it is, is numbers on a piece of paper. It doesn't do anything to make me feel any better or change what happened.:95:

Sherry, it's hard to find any words that have not already been said. The pain now is a fresh opening of the wound, but it won't last as long this time. I promise.

You have done well in looking after the interests of yourself, your boys and Tom's good name.

As has been said, you have friends on this site, and thus you have friends all over the world. If we can do anything for you, let us know. I for one, am glad that you are still coming around for visits and haven't forgotten your 6000+ friends!

Take care Ladyrider!

:15_8_211[1]:

Good to hear that that is that. Now you can get on with some real healing and not be disturbed by the lousy end of things, the money and all the blamie things that go with it. Build some good memories of Tom and let the rest slide by.

Thanks for keeping us posted and visit often, I like to hear your 'keyboard words'

Carl.

I wrote a few things about being new and not knowing eaactly what happended and erased them all because they may have sounded corny from a newbie.

Bottom line is I want to say I am really sorry to see you and your family have to go through what I am reading. I wish better times for you and your kids....sorry

:bighug::bighug:Sherry

Money will never replace Tom thats for sure ,BUT he will always be there looking over you. He will hold your hand, the breeze will be his voice and the warmth of the sun will be him holding you forever. Please take care of yourself and you know there are a lot of friends here when you need us.

Darrell

:bighug:

Darell,

How sweet you and the others are. I will think of him in the breeze and sun. That is a good way to look at it.

I feel like I have to give back to others what kindness God has shown to me. I hope to get into some volunteer work and help others. I owe and desire to give back. Pray God will guide me to where I can be of some good.

You guys have helped to hold me up and I appreciate it so much.....mmmm....Venture hugs...

Darell,

How sweet you and the others are. I will think of him in the breeze and sun. That is a good way to look at it.

I feel like I have to give back to others what kindness God has shown to me. I hope to get into some volunteer work and help others. I owe and desire to give back. Pray God will guide me to where I can be of some good.

You guys have helped to hold me up and I appreciate it so much.....mmmm....Venture hugs...

as you deserve it for standing your ground, Tom would be so proud of you. Hard to believe its been over a year and a half and I know it'll probably take a while longer to free yourself of the pain, but your strong and I know you will be guided by Gods hand to a better future. Like what's been said by many, we're here for you if you need any help, God bless you.

Rich