IGNORED

First motorcycle

BIG TOM

SITTING BACK YESTERDAY THINKING ABOUT ALL THE MOTORCYCLES I'VE OWNED OVER THE YEARS..ALL THE WAY BACK TO THAT FIRST BIKE I OWNED..A 1971 HONDA 125CC WITH A DUAL TRANSMISSION..4 GEARS FOR THE DIRT AND 4 GEARS FOR THE ROAD..WHAT A FUN BIKE...CLEANING UP THE CHROME FENDERS AFTER RIDING IN THE MUD ALL AFTERNOON THEN PICKING UP MY HONEY AND GOING TO THE DAIRY FOR A MILK SHAKE....COOL AT 17...YEAH..WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST BIKE?....:thumbsup:

Edited by BIG TOM

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 196?? honda 65 with a locked up transmission. I think my Dad bought it for me to help me learn how to repair things. The gear on the main transmission shaft was sheared and I purchased it at the local honda shop for $12. The bike cost $25, used of course. It had a stamped steel frame. I repaired it without repair manual and me and my brother rode it forever. Well it seemed like it anyway.:hihi:

1960 something Honda 50 can't remember model. It had a gap between seat and handle bars gas tank under seat, and a three speed automatic.

REMEMBER THIS...YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A HONDA..WAS THAT THE FIRST JAPANESE BIKE INTRODUCED IN THE STATES?:think:

1957 Norton Manx in a featherbed frame. 500cc single. TG for compression release!! Went cross country on this bike in 1965. Great road bike.

76 H2 750 Kaw. Dang, what a bike.

HAD A 73 OR 74 750 2 STROKER...THOUGHT I'D KILL MYSELF ON THAT BIKE..FASSSSST WOW.I HAD A LOT OF TURNS COME UP REAL FAST ON ME AT 70 MILES AN HOUR..GLAD I SURVIVED AND BOUGHT A CHIPS BIKE OUT OF CALIFORNIA ..COOL HIGHWAY PATROL BIKE..BOUGHT IT NEW..NEVER PICKED UP BY HIGHWAY PATROL..CUT BACKS...HAD TO GET RID OF A LOT OF COOL STUFF TO MAKE IT LEGAL..BLUE AND RED FLASHING LIGHTS..RADIO BOX ETC..BUT STILL COOL..WISH I STILL HAD IT..:Venture:

Edited by BIG TOM

i think a wizzard in 1953 then a twin monark then cushman o well that did me until a honda 305 then a harley 250 then o well bmw and i am getting old but the red and burgandy venture will always be the love of my life other than that wonderful woman that puts up with me every day.

The first I owned, or the first one I owned that i actually got to ride?

First owned was a 1974 Suzuki gt250, paid 100 bucks for it out of some guys barn, never got it running and traded it to a friend for some stuff I needed on another project. The first i owned that made it on the road was a 1981 Suzuki gs450L.

1960 something Honda 125CL. 14 yrs old and all the girls just loved to go for rides,and spend my harded earned lawnmowing money on icecream. Seems like they still like going for rides and spending my money. Saved along time for that bike and when I turned 16 got a Honda 550 CB. Gave the 125 to my younger brother and he trashed it. Just sold that old first bike 5 yrs ago to a guy that collects, said he was going to restore it.

Honda St-90. Got it when I was 13 in 1978. Graduated to a car and other bikes afterward. It's still in my parent's garage. I guess I have some crazy thoughts in my head that I'll retrieve and revive it one day.

Pic is not of my bike, but looks just like it.

file://Cvnt67/users1/pricet/My%20Pictures/st90dax.jpg

A1971 Yamaha 80 I think. I used to keep two sparkplugs in it because filings would foul the plug and it would quite on me. Found out later, the piston was in backwards. I didn't do it, bought it from the dealer that way. This was followed by a '72 suzuki 500, then a large gap and now my '84 VR. We will see what 2010 holds for the Venture line. I like the 2nd Gens.

I had a 1972 Super Rat right from the dealer. When I sold it, I had been riding it and a kid called to look at it so I wanted to get the mud off so I sprayed it down hot with cold water from the hose and cracked the head. luckily the dealer was at the top of our street and I was able to get a new head put on within 45 minutes and the guy bought it

This is what it looked like, (more dents though)[ATTACH]23558[/ATTACH]:cool10: