IGNORED

Has anyone else noticed or is it just me

Dragonslayer

That the word processor on this site seems to be becoming more and more unstable. I keep having lock up problems message deletion and weird things happening when trying to used the enhanced features. The attachment and smilie functions take forever to load up if they do at all and quite often lock the computer up when they are used.

Today for some odd reason the program kept deleteing the last paragraph of a post on a private message every time I retyped it about a dozen times. Just the last paragraph. What's up with that?

Sorry...wish I could help but I'm seeing absolutely no problems from here. I'm going to say that it's not the software here that is causing your problems. All the enhanced features are working great as far as I can tell and there is no deleting of paragraphs and etc.

Guest tessa c2

yup same here, those smiley things take for ever to come up, then sometimes i always get the reconnect thing comming up, any the same other sites it doesn't seem to happen, and i just put on the new avg thing and always getting popups with him, just go ahead and ask me how i like windows vista, and now i got this huggy thing that i didn't ask for:bighug::smash2:

yup same here, those smiley things take for ever to come up, then sometimes i always get the reconnect thing comming up, any the same other sites it doesn't seem to happen, and i just put on the new avg thing and always getting popups with him, just go ahead and ask me how i like windows vista, and now i got this huggy thing that i didn't ask for:bighug::smash2:

ahhh, I kinda like that huggie thingie....he is all warm and cuddly and...oh brother...I need a ride...really...oh, man in a bad way....somebody fire up that bike and LETS RIDE...we can worry about the dang computer backfiring later.....lets smoke some curses and rake some metal...

Today for some odd reason the program kept deleteing the last paragraph of a post on a private message every time I retyped it about a dozen times. Just the last paragraph. What's up with that?

Get your computer cleaned out and also see if your hard disk is running out of space. Do you have a slow/small processor? The VR. org site works fine for me even though I am 5.000 miles away from you guys even though our island/economy is going down the drain.

Everythings working great for me. My pet peeve is that if I happen to accidently hit the wrong key, and go to another webpage while typing, everything I typed is gone when I return and I need to start over again. Get really pissed off if it's a long type. On long responses I've started copying to the clipboard in case something happens. That way I don't loose it all if I do. This is the only board where this has ever happened.

I've had no site problems at all.

Due to the odd hours kept around here I am rarely able to use chat (not much fun when you're the only one chatting), so I can't address that one.

Condor, sounds like yours may be a browser issue. Since reading your post I've tried to get the browser I use to do that. Even after going to multiple links, then returning, what you describe hasn't happened. I even went to another board running on the same software and when I came back everything was still here. Note that I am using the Opera Browser and do not even have IE on my computer.

Condor, sounds like yours may be a browser issue. Since reading your post I've tried to get the browser I use to do that. Even after going to multiple links, then returning, what you describe hasn't happened. I even went to another board running on the same software and when I came back everything was still here. Note that I am using the Opera Browser and do not even have IE on my computer.

Yeah, I thought of that. The only thing that makes me think it's the word proccessor on the board is it only happens on this board. I have one other MC board that I occassionally post to, and 2-3 fishing boards. None of them do it. I'm running SP pro Media. Even when I'm in a secure billing area, like UPS or USPS, filling out info, and briefly need to go somewhere else the info is retained. When I'm typing here I don't have any problems as long as I stay on the page and use the TAB function to check on something... Like I said it's not a real big deal, except when I screw up and accidently hit something I'm not supposed to and haven't copied. Then it's !@#$@#$#$%$. :)

If it bothers you enough you might consider trying a different browser just to see if it does it too. Both Firefox and Opera are free for the download.

In case you don't already know, Opera is where all the good ideas in browsing have been coming from for a while. It is standards compliant, so some badly written sites that work in IE won't work properly in Opera, but I'll trade that for tabbed browsing and mouse gestures any day. FWIW Firefox also does tabbed browsing now and it isn't as picky about proper coding as Opera.

Just a thought.