IGNORED

Gas prices up

Venturous Randy

When I left for work at 230 am gas was 3.59 a gallon at several stations. At 2 PM most stations shot up to 3.79 a gallon or more. One of the cheaper stations still was charging the 3.59. I had to wait in a short line for it too. Sorry folks, this is just plain ol' price gouging when you raise the price for gas that was already delivered and in the tanks. They did try to ration gas at one station chain but that didnt go over too well and the signs came back down. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.....:mo money::mo money:

Is that price per litre or per gallon - if it's per litre that sounds like it's getting tough, but if it is per gallon it is still phenomenally cheap.

You guys pay the same for a barrel of oil on the open market that we do. And I can't imagine that it costs you guys that much more to refine it. So what accounts for the huge price difference? Taxes?:bang head:

point taken, red rider!

i guess what you are saying, is "in the event of an EMERGENCY SITUATION, it's o.k. to cheat a fellow human, just because he is a part of that emergency.

i don't agree , that that is a part of the "free enterprise" equation.

i am done with this one.

just jt

If people are dumb enough to buy those generators at those prices, then so be it. The guy's not hurting anybody. It's not like "oh hey, there's a hurricane at the end of the street!!" People have had time to prepare and if they didn't, then they should pay the price. I don't think we should spend tax dollars to rescue people either. Let em tough it out and make it on their own. I also don't think Federal or State monies should be used to rebuild the places that get flattened. Let them spend their own money to rebuild their houses.

About gas prices, you don't like them, open your own station and sell it cheaper, or quit buying gas and find an alternative way to travel. Im tired of hearing about people complaining about 3 or 4 dollar a gallon gas while smoking $5 a pack cigs, drinking $2 bottles of water, sipping $6 cups of coffee.

he had bought 27 Coleman "powermate", generators, and was heading TOWARD the hurricane's landfall, location.

he said, "i'm gonna triple my money, with this load".

i just laughed and told him he'd be in jail, before he sold the third power plant!

i guess he thought the local leo.s, wouldn't notice that he was price gouging, AND vending without a license!

i hope the bust him, wherever he sets up shop, before he sells even ONE!

just jt

We saw the same thing here with charley in 04.

Some stations around here are limiting you to 10 gallons at a time. Jeff said the gas prices down somewhere between new bern and chocowinity are up to 4.69. That's up about a dollar or so.

Margaret

Last time I checked , my tank takes almost 6 gallons to fill ! :smile5::smile5:

Gas has just $0.20+ since this mourning here . Hope it goes down when I go to Andersonville Ga. on the 18th .

BEER30

Is that price per litre or per gallon - if it's per litre that sounds like it's getting tough, but if it is per gallon it is still phenomenally cheap.

Good point, Greg.....

This was posted by Associated Press today:

"Wholesale gasoline prices on the Gulf Coast moved even further into uncharted territory to around $4.85 a gallon on fears of vast fuel shortages as the hurricane honed in on the mass of refineries that line the upper Texas coast. The region accounts for about one-fifth of the nation's petroleum refining capacity."

That's the price dealers are paying for it from the suppliers. Doesn't suprise me to see stations charging over $5 a gallon. Happens everytime we get a hurricane in the gulf.:mo money:

Thats true. But with all do respect, gas has always been more expensive in export countries vs. US. I'm sure if Canada, UK, etc. had their own slew of oil and petrochem refineries like the US ya'll would be paying alot less than you are importing it overseas. The fact that it's cheap to you doesn't mean it's cheap to us.

We (US) has been spoiled in many ways when it comes to gas/oil. When gas is 90 cents / gal, who wants to invest billions in alternate energy sources? It's crunch time now and everyone will have to start adjusting.

No offense intended, just my :2cents:

At 5:30 this morning gas was $3.53/gallon at 4:45 this afternoon it was $4.68 and there were lines out the wazoo. Lots of stations are sold out and others saying they are but not just so they can sell it at a higher price in the coming days. All this because of local TV doing spots on news about POSSIBLE shortages in the next week or so if facilities in Texas were to get damaged.

Thats true. But with all do respect, gas has always been more expensive in export countries vs. US. I'm sure if Canada, UK, etc. had their own slew of oil and petrochem refineries like the US ya'll would be paying alot less than you are importing it overseas. The fact that it's cheap to you doesn't mean it's cheap to us.

We (US) has been spoiled in many ways when it comes to gas/oil. When gas is 90 cents / gal, who wants to invest billions in alternate energy sources? It's crunch time now and everyone will have to start adjusting.

No offense intended, just my :2cents:

We in Canada do have lots of oil, in fact we are the US's biggest supplier of oil, but we do pay more because of our tax structure, the way our social system works( Or doesnt work in some cases), and because we are very few people scattered over a very large area.

....Oh Yeah .....did I mention, we also pay more because the oil companies rip us off.

Brian

We in Canada do have lots of oil, in fact we are the US's biggest supplier of oil, but we do pay more because of our tax structure, the way our social system works( Or doesnt work in some cases), and because we are very few people scattered over a very large area.

....Oh Yeah .....did I mention, we also pay more because the oil companies rip us off.

Brian

Really? Knew Canada had oil, didn't know #1 supplier. Funny you don't hear that anywhere else. It's always about the middle east... Dang media! :smash2:

Yes, I have heard about the tax structure there. Good friend of mine tells me about it. It works and it doesn't work.. same as the US. Goods and bads. :mo money:

It sounds to me like some of us need some business excersise.. Gouging is taking place when the product is increased in price with no value being added.. Purchasing a load of goods at one price, adding value to that product by shipping costs, product insurance costs, business risk (guy doing the hauling assumes full responsibility for the product if stolen of damaged) and on and on.. Actually, tripling in value for an at risk product that is in high demand is probably not good business scense as costs havent been taken yet.. Should be closer to x5 to actually make it a profitable business.. Now,,, IF that same product has NO value added or additional costs associtated (eg: the producd was already there on sale the morning before for 6 buck - nothing has changed except the price raise of 12 bucks.. Thats price gouging and the perp should get prison time..

Another good example.... If you needed a gallon of gas and I said sure I have one for 40 bucks a gallon.. GOUGING you cry.. Howe ver, once you realise that I have to travel 120 miles to bring you the gas its a different story//