IGNORED

Guess what made this dent?

DanielM

Some good guesses, but not winners.

That dent was made by a 2018 Star Venture Transcontinental touring motorcycle that was stopped in traffic on my way home from work tonight. Making light of a not fun situation :)

I'm ok, just a little stiff and sore.

2cca3366d3469c070d9e56362edd9362.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

1st Glad you are OK. Stiff & sore will eventually disappear. Can definitely see the headlight cluster shape in that hood!

But I don't understand... you were stopped in traffic? How come his front hit your front & you are both pointing in the same direction?

I should have explained better. Was stopped in traffic and this lady rear ended me, pushed me into the car in front of me. The second picture is of my bike laying on the ground after she pulled her car off to the side of the road.

The dent in her car was where it hit my top box.

Just saw a new one on Cycle Trader in Florida. $19,999.
That is a very good price. I'd be suprised if they write my bike off. Smashed up top box and a few scrapes on the side. Don't think I was pushed into car in front me hard enough to mess up the front end. No vissible damage to the car in front.

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW :scared:,, THAT IS DISGUSTING BROTHER!!:95:

Very very glad you are ok Dan,, bikes can be replaced but man oh man,, riders have been permenantly offed for less than that = you done got blessed BIG TIME!!

As far as the scoot goes, I would have the neck/frame checked for "tweeking" as its not uncommon for a goose neck to get tweeked in just a tip over if the bars are cocked against the stops when it hits. You could also check the weld joints at the neck and down the down tubes for any sign of cracked paint. Another thing that I would do is have one of my friends ride it directly at me in a parking lot as I laid on the ground and looked carefully down the axis of the tires = if its tweeked you will probably be able to see "dog tracking" going on.. What a shame..:95:

Sorry to read this my friend, glad your ok but it is still hard to look at that big beautiful scoot laying on its side = they are MUCH prettier standing upright IMHO!

Some good guesses, but not winners.

That dent was made by a 2018 Star Venture Transcontinental touring motorcycle that was stopped in traffic on my way home from work tonight. Making light of a not fun situation :)

I'm ok, just a little stiff and sore.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190404/2cca3366d3469c070d9e56362edd9362.jpg

Wow Daniel! Really glad you’re ok. That could’ve been much worse! On a secondary note, that is just sickening to see.

I hope the damage is not too severe. So how did they not see you?? Let me guess... some idiot on the phone?

We appreciate any updates as the situation develops.

Wow Daniel! Really glad you’re ok. That could’ve been much worse! On a secondary note, that is just sickening to see.

I hope the damage is not too sever. So how did they not see you?? Let me guess... some idiot on the phone?

No idea how she could miss me stopped in 2 lanes of heavy traffic. My guess is distraction of some sort.

Really glad you are okay. I think I would be hoping for a total loss call from the ins. co.

Way back when, late 80's, an employee bought a new BMW auto and someone crashed into it. It wasn't totalled but he insisted to the ins co that he would not accept a repaired car so they paid him for his car and he bought another new BMW.