IGNORED

It's installed- Storm shelter related

Eck

, round here we call those septic tanks!:whistling:

Guess the "non-skid" steps inside are for all those different levels of "waste".

How about some views of the inside.

See photos attached..I just took the inside photos a minute ago..

I assume that this is only to be used for short term stays till the storm passes, Yes?

Yep, I hope I never have to use it but if we do then I hope it is for a short term stay.

Man cave? -- Possible...:rasberry:

I bet after having pizza and beer it will smell like a septic tank! :yikes:

Yea, but again I hope it is for a short stay.. however it does have two 6 inch vents, and I am in the process of hooking up electric and cable TV so we can keep tabs on the weather until the power goes out, then everything will operate on batteries.... even the fan..

Looks nice, but how'ya getting the Bike inside ?

If I ever do need to get into this storm shelter, I don't think there will be much hope for the bike, but I hope it survives without me.

Here are some inside views of the storm shelter..

Eck,

My family and I have been in our underground storm shelter (almost like yours) more than I hate to think of. When down there, I use my laptop to monitor the storm. I also have a small 13" television in it, also to watch the storm. Don't forget to place a five gallon bottle of water (Sparkletts or something similar) and a good first aid kit, candles, and whatever else you deem necessary. Mine also has room for three military style cots, just in case we are down there for a long time. I don't know about Alabama, but around here I have to throw a bug bomb down inside it at the beginning of each spring to kill all the spiders, wasps and scorpions that have found their way inside. Storm shelters are a great investment around here. I wish I had a video of me trying to coax my dogs to go down the stairs.

Herb

, round here we call those septic tanks!:whistling:

Guess the "non-skid" steps inside are for all those different levels of "waste".

How about some views of the inside.

See photos attached..I just took the inside photos a minute ago..

I assume that this is only to be used for short term stays till the storm passes, Yes?

Yep, I hope I never have to use it but if we do then I hope it is for a short term stay.

Man cave? -- Possible...:rasberry:

I bet after having pizza and beer it will smell like a septic tank! :yikes:

Yea, but again I hope it is for a short stay.. however it does have two 6 inch vents, and I am in the process of hooking up electric and cable TV so we can keep tabs on the weather until the power goes out, then everything will operate on batteries.... even the fan..

Looks nice, but how'ya getting the Bike inside ?

If I ever do need to get into this storm shelter, I don't think there will be much hope for the bike, but I hope it survives without me.

Here are some inside views of the storm shelter..

I suppose this is what it looks like underground?

No quite Joe... (since my yard isn't big enough)

What happens during a storm and a tree or debris falls on the door?

Well every storm shelter that gets installed (here in Alabama anyway) also gets registered and after a tornado the local fire departments know where to go look for survivors / people..

In our case, as seen by the photos, there are no trees around (however one could blow in on us I guess), but so could a house or a car...

I will also have a jack inside so that I can jack the door open if I have to.

With the emergency kit we are putting together, we should be able to live in it for 4 to 5 days if we really needed to however I don't want to be in it any more than five minutes after the storm passes.. :thumbsup2: