IGNORED

what is most miles you ever put on 1 bike?

I had a GL1200 that was at 180K when I sold it. It was still being ridden about 6 years ago when I saw it last.

The '84 Venture I'm on now is coming up on 65,000. It's broken in now. I'm hoping to see 150k-200k on it before it retires.

I know we have a few guys here that are over 200k on theirs. These motors are tough.

Most buyers familiar with the Ventures will look for a bike with higher miles that lower. Say 40k rather than 2k as a comparision. The thought is the higher mile bike has been ridden and probably been cared for. The lower mile bike has spent a lot of time parked and not paid much attention to.

Mike

I had a GL1200 that was at 180K when I sold it. It was still being ridden about 6 years ago when I saw it last.

The '84 Venture I'm on now is coming up on 65,000. It's broken in now. I'm hoping to see 150k-200k on it before it retires.

I know we have a few guys here that are over 200k on theirs. These motors are tough.

Most buyers familiar with the Ventures will look for a bike with higher miles that lower. Say 40k rather than 2k as a comparision. The thought is the higher mile bike has been ridden and probably been cared for. The lower mile bike has spent a lot of time parked and not paid much attention to.

Mike

Well I bought my 05 in MRV IN October it had a tad over 11k miles on it it now has almost 21k and it just getting broke in good :) . the rider that introduced me to this site has an 05 MRV that has over 80k on his and it still looks as good as the day he bought it...and he says it runs better n better ...

The most I've put on 1 motorcycle would be the RSV. I bought it new in mid July, 2005.

91,151 miles on the clock right now and no big issues, just lots of tires and oil and rear brake pads.

I had rear shock and #3 coil replaced under warranty at about 65,000.

1984 GS1100GK Suzuki, the bike I rode before buying my (88) VR.

Bought it in late 1999 with 25,000 miles. Sold it in 2008 with 133,000 miles. Nine riding seasons, 108K miles. Latest I heard, it's still running strong. Those air-cooled, four-cylinder GS Suzukis were incredibly reliable.

My VR has only 81,000 miles now; had 45,000 when I bought it 4 years ago. Lots of miles left in its life -- very enjoyable ride. It's probably the last bike I'll ever own, (I'm 64), which is fine with me.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

1984 GS1100GK Suzuki, the bike I rode before buying my (88) VR.

Bought it in late 1999 with 25,000 miles. Sold it in 2008 with 133,000 miles. Nine riding seasons, 108K miles. Latest I heard, it's still running strong. Those air-cooled, four-cylinder GS Suzukis were incredibly reliable.

My VR has only 81,000 miles now; had 45,000 when I bought it 4 years ago. Lots of miles left in its life -- very enjoyable ride. It's probably the last bike I'll ever own, (I'm 64), which is fine with me.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

64 is YOUNG... trike it when the time comes and keep on keeping on....

64 is YOUNG... trike it when the time comes and keep on keeping on....

No thanks. If it doesn't lean on the curves, I'll quit riding. No trikes and no sidecars.

I'm taking it one year at a time, enjoying every day in the life of the Venture. Both the Venture and I are "seasoned citizens". :)

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

330,000 1978 GL 1000 Here is a pic of it. Thats my Mom in the background standing next to my Dads 1975 GL 1000. I was 20 yrs old and in the Army when I bought this bike. It was my only means of transportation for 8yrs. In 2002 when I moved from CA to MO I gave it to my sons friend he had been trying to get me to sell it to him for a few years. The bike was still running good then. She was a great bike, took me all over the country.

Guest Swifty

I put approx. 165,000 MILES on my VR in the last 6 years, which makes about 186,000 miles on the bike so far.

I cant compare to the most miles I only have 39000 on my 86 VR, however I think I

can win the least miles. 0! I bought a brand new 1983 Yamaha XT 250 in November of 83. Hauled it home and put it in the garage. Two weeks later the garage was broken into and the bike was gone! It was winter in Wisconsin and I never got to ride it at all. I did replace it with a 84 XT 250 (Which I still own) That one only has 16000. :cool10: I keep things a long time...Jeez!

My 650 has a hard128,000 on and other then grinding up 2 sets of pegs haven't really had anybig problems my rsv has 66,897 on it and I really don't travel that much but I drive 2 hours to milwaukee to work and unless its going to snow I ride I filled my pick up in Feb it still has over 3/4 of a tank

When my grandpa and parents rode it wasnt in heard of for them to do 90,000 a year but they traded there wings in every year that I can remember anyways its been atleast 10 years since they rode