IGNORED

Nice horn option

StarFan

Had been thinking about adding air horns to my bike but found a nice looking electrical horn on eBay that was stated to give 118 db and for only $20,95 a piece so I was ready to give it a try so I bought two of these. Did not really expect this to be loud enough and had doubts about the quality but to my surprise these are sturdy made horns and very loud. Was gonna keep the original horn hooked up that is hidden in the front lower fairing but removed the one that is on the right side of the bike. But the electrical hookup/current was not enough to drive three at once so I cut both original horns out and hooked up the two Sick Speed horns. Did not want to go into the trouble to reroute the whole wiring thing from horn button to battery to relay to horn, get enough power to drive three horns.

Am very happy with the result - the horns are very loud and I think it looks good on the bike. Also they are CHROMED. I love CHROME :cool10:

Here are some pictures of the horns installed on the bike.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/SAM_2197_zps12baf56f.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Horn/2Horn_zpseb5363c2.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Horn/1Horn_zps6535672a.jpg

Edited by StarFan
spelling error

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barry.

Just put "Sick Speed Horn" in the search tab on eBay, Forgot to mention that they also come in all kind of colours. Funny enough there are no plain chrome ones listed at the moment but I am sure one can ask the seller for one.

Looks great Jonas!! If you use a relay to drive the horns they will probably be even louder! The RSV has no horn relay. You use the wires to the stock horn to trigger the horn relay, and have a heavier wire coming directly from the battery and fused with a 10 amp fuse to one secondary contact of the relay and to the horn on the other secondary.

I might look into one of those!

How did you mount them? They look really nice.

They came with a mounting strip that worked fine !

Where did you buy those chrome passenger floor covers?

Bought them used on eBay. You can get them at any Yamaha dealer !

Hope they don't melt, being that close to the exhaust.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Not a problem ! The original Yamaha one has a chromed plastic cover that does not melt so I am sure this one will be O.K. Also the exhaust has a heat shield that protects the surrounding areas.

Actually I think they look better then the OEM horn. they got a little style to them. I just looked and couldn't find a chrome listed. There is a white that looks as though it could be chrome, and a neo chrome which looks sort of purplish.

Edited by djh3

Actually I think they look better then the OEM horn. they got a little style to them. I just looked and couldn't find a chrome listed. There is a white that looks as though it could be chrome, and a neo chrome which looks sort of purplish.

Watch out Dion.

The white one is white - It is not Chrome. If you want the chrome one then send the seller a request for the Chrome one. I am sure they have them and would supply.

I bought mine from a eBay seller that has the user name: autostars_inc He shipped very fast and was very reasonable on shipping fees to Iceland but I can not say that about most eBay sellers.

I think that's the store I was looking at. I did send a message asking about chrome. I currently have a stebel mounted on the left side where the OEM was. But I wasn't able to pop for the $80 or whatever it is for one. SO I just spray chromed it. Its not bad but it don't look chrome either. And the chrome stebels are not all chrome either I don't think.

FANTASTIC JONAS!!! Brother that do look great!! Thanks for sharing!!:thumbsup2:

I read Bongo's earlier response and I totally agree with him about the wiring/relay suggestion too.. This would probably keep you (and anyone else thinking of making this change) from having future problems with wiring and switches (like the horn button) in the future.. Good suggestion there Bongo!!:thumbsup2:

Hey Jonas,, gotta ask this,, what is that little glass bottle with the red tape on it on the underside of your bikes floorboard (pic 2)??? Man I am nosey,, I know,, I know,, if ya tell me ya gotta kill me right :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Hey Jonas,, gotta ask this,, what is that little glass bottle with the red tape on it on the underside of your bikes floorboard (pic 2)??? Man I am nosey,, I know,, I know,, if ya tell me ya gotta kill me right :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Thanks Puc for the compliments.

Regarding the bottle - If you are referring to the one reflecting in the chrome of the floorboard then this is a plastic bottle of 1/2 liter of Coca Cola :)

NIce looking horns Jonas. My Only question is, being mounted sideways like that who do you startle more ......The other driver or yourself? :yikes:

Dang,,,,:shock3: Did not think about that. Will have to add some horns somewhere front turning forward :whistling:

StarFan .... your bikes are gorgeous! Every time I see pics of them I wonder to myself... "does this guy ever ride these things or does he just add farkle, safety chrome, and polish them?" LOL

Thanks for the compliment Silvrt .

Well,,,,,ehhhhhh,,,,you see I get bored in the wintertime.

Honestly the thing is that I like to have and ride a bike that is not identical to everybody elses bike. It find it amusing to ride something special that you have put work into yourself and done some small custom changes. And I also enjoy sharing the info if someone wants to do that to his or hers bike.

I do ride my bikes but sadly not nearly as much as I would like, since I work abroad and have very little time on my hands when I am home to ride my Venture (Red Baron).

The green 1998 Tour Classic (Maximus) I keep in USA and I only get to ride that bike once a year and maybe put 1.500 to 2.000 miles on it when lucky. Big Tom takes care of keeping the beast alive by riding to work and so forth but the last I heard was that snow will finally melt in his area in late september so I guess he is not gonna do much riding this year. Summer in the Buffalo area where Big Tom and Bongobob live will most likely be on a Wednesday this year I am told :stirthepot:

The Red Baron I actually just got home to Iceland late October last year, from USA, and I took it in to my workshop to go through it all and make sure it was in good shape. Found odds and ends that I did not like and decided to use the winter to make it like new and change everything that had some wear to it, all fluids, some bearings like in the swingarm and the one in the clutch plate , upgraded the clutch, and the list goes on and on. And of cause spice it up a little - just got a few little odds and ends to tie up and the bike will be like I want it to be and will be ridden as much as time allows - and I do ride in the rain :)

Read in a book that motorcycles were supposed to be used outside !

Am having a small custom paint done to the speaker grills and some other small items and that will be ready on Thursday. Am also anxiously waiting for Corbin to send me back my custom upholstered seats and backrests. When that is all in my hands I will be completely done and can just ride and enjoy,,,,,untill I come up with some more bling and custom work,,,,,,,,:whistling:

And by the way - Your Victory Vision with the touring trunk is actually the number one favourite bike of mine. Have been thinking about getting one of these for a long time but am somehow not getting a permission from the Boss. And it is RED ! Can´t get any better ! Only two Victory Visions in Iceland ! I should have the third one !

Hey Silver T, we know him, he is anal about his bike!! That is not a bad thing...

Having been here on this site since 2006, I feel I know him also, even tho I haven't met him. ... kinda the same with you and most others here. :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the compliment Silvrt .

And by the way - Your Victory Vision with the touring trunk is actually the number one favourite bike of mine. Have been thinking about getting one of these for a long time but am somehow not getting a permission from the Boss. And it is RED ! Can´t get any better ! Only two Victory Visions in Iceland ! I should have the third one !

Just to clairfy ... mine isn't a Vision.. it's a Cross Country Tour. Personally, I don't much care for the Vision although I have seen a few nice looking one's but I would not ride one.

Just to clairfy ... mine isn't a Vision.. it's a Cross Country Tour. Personally, I don't much care for the Vision although I have seen a few nice looking one's but I would not ride one.

Yeh,,,I see it know when looking closer at the fairing. Still a nice bike to say the least. What about some pictures of that beautiful bike ?

Be safe SilvrT !