IGNORED

Nice horn option

StarFan

Jeff so far aint nothing easy for me. Had 10.3v at the "power" wire from battery supply. Also relay had anywhere from 9v to 11.7 depending on which terminal you checked. Took relay out of the pic and pluged in OEM horn it worked. Plugged in relay and OEM horn nothing. Hmm So back to troubleshooting power etc to relay. Power checked somewhat good although voltage was lower than 11 in some spots. Cleaned ground up, still no good. By now even the "good" voltage was dropping. I guess with radio on etc it was draining battery. Swapped to a new relay again, oops a wire felt sort of loose in a connector. So I just changed it out to be sure. Removed seat to put battery charger on it. While depressing button to check voltage I looked up towards battery (the horn is wired in on a aux fuse block) I se a sort of illuminating glow when button is pushed. HMM So I pull the fuse and you can see where it has been burning the electrode in that fuse. So it was arching across enough to send like 9v or something across but wouldnt sound either horn. I have yet to find any reason for the fuse to go. Swapped back to old relay and it wouldnt sound horn, so for me that says its junk. So clean ground (dont know if this had anything to do with it or not) New connector on side of relay sending power to horn, and a new relay also a fuse. Now front horn works. Still no rear horn. Sorry so long winded and not really trying to hijack thread either. 4/9/14 Rear horn had a connector broken off in the relay holder piece. Geeze..........

Edited by djh3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK my horn showed up today. For mounting this is what I did. Simple fast and effective. The horn comes with a 3" piece of metal on the back to mount. Actually it was 3 thin pieces of metal, bolted to the center of the horn. So I loosened the center bolt holding the strips on. I got the bolts for the OEM horn and put them in the strips after spreading them in sort of a "Y" configuration. Then snugged up the center mounting bolt. Tightened up the mount bolts to frame and connected the wires. 10 min tops.

Edited by djh3