IGNORED

Star Motorcycle 2009 Model Intro today at 3:00 PM EST

jpgivens

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Sad! I guess If I sell the Venture to buy the Harley that actually improved their product this year I can get a better price as that is the only thing that they changed this year besides the color! LOL

Why cant they figure out that they are really missing the boat by not improving this bike. Honda is really gonna kick its but with the new Wing. Honda has improved the wing twice and we have the same old Venture.

An "improved" Harley is still a harley! It's the same old thing with vibrating shedding parts and an astronomicaly unjustified price. The "Ego Machine" good for neighborhood bar hopping.

As to the so-called improvements to the Wing...... Are we talking about the miles of plastic? Because the engine (no doubt a good one) has been static for a while now. It hasn't realy changed much in a while, even retains the 2 valves per cylinder. And the foot pegs don't do much for me - I don't like perching like a canary, I enjoy my large floorboards. And who said it's going to improve further? do you think it's quality is going to improve when it's made in Taiwan, China or some other center of cheap labor? Or have you forgotten that they are leaving the country? It used to be more "US made" than the Harley! What is it going to be now? Some bizare imitation of a beamer? Don't forget that the rest of the world has a totally different view of what a touring bike should be!

I, for one am happy to see that there is still a choice available for those of us who choose dependability and power over name and ego massage. I like the RSMV and would have realy missed not seing it in the 2009 line-up. As to the much maligned cassette player - just consider it part of the retro immage that the speedometer has.... Besides at the price of the RSV which INCLUDES a CB, AM/FM and intercom, the thing is just thrown in as an anachronism! Don't like it? Take it out and use the space for a glove box. On the harley you don't even get a tool kit for christ sakes! And you realy will need one!

I just got back from a 4300 mile three-state tour, two up with a good load from Southern Cal to the Canadian border and back - and that engine just kept on purring while passing Harleys stuck at the side of the road!!! You know, I don't recall seing any broken down Yamas Kawis or GW"s only Harleys....How sad.....

An "improved" Harley is still a harley! It's the same old thing with vibrating shedding parts and an astronomicaly unjustified price. The "Ego Machine" good for neighborhood bar hopping.

As to the so-called improvements to the Wing...... Are we talking about the miles of plastic? Because the engine (no doubt a good one) has been static for a while now. It hasn't realy changed much in a while, even retains the 2 valves per cylinder. And the foot pegs don't do much for me - I don't like perching like a canary, I enjoy my large floorboards. And who said it's going to improve further? do you think it's quality is going to improve when it's made in Taiwan, China or some other center of cheap labor? Or have you forgotten that they are leaving the country? It used to be more "US made" than the Harley! What is it going to be now? Some bizare imitation of a beamer? Don't forget that the rest of the world has a totally different view of what a touring bike should be!

I, for one am happy to see that there is still a choice available for those of us who choose dependability and power over name and ego massage. I like the RSMV and would have realy missed not seing it in the 2009 line-up. As to the much maligned cassette player - just consider it part of the retro immage that the speedometer has.... Besides at the price of the RSV which INCLUDES a CB, AM/FM and intercom, the thing is just thrown in as an anachronism! Don't like it? Take it out and use the space for a glove box. On the harley you don't even get a tool kit for christ sakes! And you realy will need one!

I just got back from a 4300 mile three-state tour, two up with a good load from Southern Cal to the Canadian border and back - and that engine just kept on purring while passing Harleys stuck at the side of the road!!! You know, I don't recall seing any broken down Yamas Kawis or GW"s only Harleys....How sad.....

uh-oh ... I see trouble brewin here... LOL

I got to spend a little over 3 hours on an '08 Goldwing because I thought I wanted one. I will be keeping the RSV. The Goldwing suspension is very stiff and sharp bumps feel like a sledge hammer hitting the bars. The transmission is also a bit clunky. When I got back on my RSV, I was amazed how much smoother it is, the ride and the transmission. I don't want a sporty ride, I want a cushy ride, and I expected the 'wing to be VERY cushy. It's not even close to the RSV.

Yamaha will surely introduce a RSV with the new V-4 for 2010, but Honda is said to be working on a major upgrade on the 'wing, with a new suspension and all. Hopefully, the prices for both will be competitive since they will both be coming out with a new flagship the same year.

Well, I can hope!

As for HD, a friend bought the Ultra this year. But he's disappointed at few things, including the engine heat in traffic. Myself, having seen how the sucker shakes at stop lights, I don't think I want one. I could never get used to that.

uh-oh ... I see trouble brewin here... LOL

Nope no trouble. All I can say is he is welcome to his opinion but to not improve a bike in 10 years is pretty sad. Its a great bike but as least get rid of the Cassette and make a cubby hole. Then it wont look so pathetic when you say to you friends " See my new motorcycle that I paid 18 grand for look at the cool cassette player!"

I think they should give you a nice pair of 80s parachute pants as riding gear too. And even a Devo helmet!! LOL

Seriously to anyone from Yamaha in ear shot- Lets get your act together and stop ignoring this market!!!! All we want is a few new changes to make this bike fresh rather then painting old parts a differnet color and passing it off as NEW!! LOL

At least Harley is listening to their customers suggestions and complaints and improving it. You can say alot about HD but at least they are trying.

you get a 285.00 cd changer and it installed with a warranty for 1000.00 and a new color
That's the exact reason I opted not to add the OEM CD player and stereo to my new BMW. It was going to add a whopping $1800 to the price tag, and I'd lose my glove box.. I LOVE that thing! Besides, I never listen to physical CDs anymore either. As soon as I get a new one, it goes straight on my Zune, which in turn gets plugged into my Chatterbox. Couldn't ask for a better sound system!

and you work on computers????

:rotf: :rotf: :witch_brew: :witch_brew:

heheh Yeah , sometimes I work on computers, sometimes I daydream,.... ya caught me on the wrong sometime....hehehe

Actaully we dont change times here we are on daylight saving time year round, so we are one hour diff to EST during winter and 2 hours diff during summer . I can never keep the difference straight.

Brian

Now did we really think that they were going to change anything this year

:confused24: It's still an awsome bike and I wouldn't buy anything else, I love them so much I bought a new one :banana:

I have to say though, as much as I love my Charcoal Silver color, I would take one of the Raven/Seashell in a second. I REALLY like that color combo, the Red Black ehhhh

As mine is paid for (and I have a terrible habit of getting new stuff when I don't need it), I am very happy that nothing changed with the 09. No temptation at all. Having had three Harleys over the years, they will NEVER tempt me again. So . . . if I want a Honda, I'll get a diesel Civic when they get here. Everything just fine with my 05 with 18000 miles; it should outlast me!

Just as I suspected, no changes except for color. They are not going to change anything until they are forced to. My guess is this is the final year for the RSV. I do have to say I like the Silver/Black or whatever it is. The other color looks very close to my 01.

12 more months of trying to guess what Yamaha is up to and I bet the 09 still has the whine.

Jerry

Guest tx2sturgis

The Venture is a sleeper model. Apparently Yamaha is content with it that way ...for now anyway.

Actually, its good news. Those of us with recent 2nd Gen RSV's wont see a huge (well, more huge than usual) tumble in market value of our bikes...new ones look the same!

In the fickle sport-bike category, change is a very common thing, year to year, but in the conservative cruiser/tourer arena, we like bikes that work with all the goodies in the aftermarket, and dont normally like to see our bikes made instantly obsolescent.

So...its all good!

:thumbsup2:

come on folks, you have one of the nicest touring bikes ever made. harley has been trying to get it right for over a hundred years and still hasn't got anything to compete with the venture. like 4 cyl., watercooled, 4 valve, overhead cam, shaft drive, and on and on. i was perfectly satisfied with my rstd. would still have it if my legs would handle it. there's talk of a new 2000 cc wing with 6 speeds in 2010. neither improvement or restyle is needed. i could go with fuel injection on the venture other than that it is one fine machine. be satisfied with what you have you could be riding that hardley. your venture is one of the best looking bikes on the road. look at the diehard 1rst genners, they obviously know they have a good thing and appreciate it. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2::2133: