IGNORED

Bad news from Canadian crew going to PIP

sarges46

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SORRY TO HEAR THIS!! brings back memories of mine. i had a lot of help from my friends to come thru. SO, NOW I SENT OUT OURS THOUGHTS AND PRAYER FOR A GOOD RECOVERY IN A SHORT TIME. keep us posted on his progress, please and lat us know if anything is needed, don and susan.

i think 1 reason that we are hearing of more accidents is that our numbers have grown quickly over a few years. but as we grow we can learn from one another about our bike and equiptment we use. maybe at some of our future events, there should be more talk about safety and problems we have had . like some of the first gens have had trouble with the avons tires, starting to wobble at higher speeds. the metlizers having chunks coming out of them. maybe we can have a section for listing known problems like these. maybe we can start a post on this away from this thread. thanks for all the post here, don.

Well, we made it back home. It was with heavy hearts we had to leave our friend in the hospital and if not for kids school and work we could have stayed longer.

We including Lowell...(wildhair) stopped in to see Bob on our way back.

He is slowly getting better. They have ruled out any brain damage. His eye they don't know about until he fully awakes and can tell them whats what.

He is still being intubated but they are slowly weaning him from that. They are cleaning (suctioning) blood from his lung and have him drugged up pretty good because apparently this is painful.

He was not awake but did scrunch up his forehead when I talked with him and his daughter says he responds to demands to move his feet...thats a good thing.

The biggest concern is his lungs (lung). He could develope phneumonia and that wouldnt be good.

The rest of him will recovery slowly.

His wife will be going down Wednesday. His work got into his house and found her passport and couriered it to her so she could cross the border. This is good as he will have his wife and daughter with him. We dont know when they will move him back north but that will depend on whether or not he is fit to fly and that may take a few days at least.

We couldnt get his bike yet. We may know more tomorrow once his insurance tells us if it can be released or not. This is in the works from members in his neighborhood and Winnipeg.

I will be report more if folks are interested. One thing for certain....this site is his passion and that went right along with his love for riding his bike. His daughter says all he does is talk about the site and the great people on it.

We share that sentiment.

Thanks for the bell Freebird it was left with Bob along with a card that was signed by everyone at PIP.

The next person that sees Lowell (wildhair)...give that big southern gentlemand a big hug...he needs it. I dont need to say why.

Geez. I just read the news on this thread. Bob's a nice fella and a seasoned rider. I wonder what happened. I'm sure he didn't just go down for no apparent reason. Bob built that trailer himself and did a real professional job of it. I hope things go well for him and gets right back on as soon as possible. He'll have the winter to recover and assess what he wants to do. I always feel somewhat saddened when I hear of this stuff happening.

Take care everyone.

Rod.

It is so tragic to hear about one of our family going down. It is such a blessing that police were close by and could respond so quickly with the paramedics. That is what is making the difference here, along with his protective clothing.

Bob and his family are in our thoughts and prayers.

:bighug:

Bobbie and George

I too have never met Bob. But feel that if you are anything like your fellow Canadians I met at the Pork in the Pines that you better get better because I want to met you in person at the next PIP.

We send our prayers for your full and speedy recovery.

God's speed! Until we get to meet for the first time.

Bubber

Sounds like everything is going well. Praying for a fast recovery. Even though some of us have never met, Bob sounds like a great guy. With the help of friends ,troubles don't seem as bad, and recovery is easier somehow. Best wishes Bob. Hope we get to meet someday. Gil

Guest tessa c2

wishing you the best on your recovery Bob, We will be praying for you, and if you need a helping hand from our corner let us know, Would like to send thanks to all the people involved at the sceane of the accedent for your quick reponce, and the help you had given us for advice, and the care you are giving bob, you people are GREAT, pete

Guest Big Bob Daughter

Hi Everyone!

I am bigbob's daughter (Johanne) and I am so overwhelmed with all the comments and thoughts that have been posted for my Dad!!! Thank you all so much! I will print the messages and read them out to him every day! His passion for riding, meeting and riding with those on this site is what he truly enjoyed and looked forward to. He has met many wonderful people and talked very highly of everyone he has met.

A VERY special THANK YOU to Rick and Marilyn and the crew he was riding with - Your avtions, visits, calls, your support... have all been SO appreciated!!! I am extremly honored to have met all of you, my Dad has GREAT friends!! I can't even express in words how thankful I am.

My Dad is still in SCCU (Critical Care Unit). Yesdarday morning he was awake for a good hour, he opened his eye and knew that I was there. I asked him if he was in pain and he shook his head "no". They are giving him a very high dose of pain medication. I read him the card that everyone from Pork in the Pines signed and I showed him his new bell, I saw a smile when I showed it to him. When I told him that he has wonderful friends he nodded his head "Yes", when I told him that he is a strong man and he will get over this he also nodded his head "Yes". It made me so happy to see him responding to my questions.

They took a sample of what they pulled from his lungs and sent it to the lab. We should get the results sometime today. They believe he is starting to get pheumonia and started him on antibiotics. The biggest concern are his lungs right know and they are watching him very closely.

I will keep you all posted on a daily basis, again thanks for all yout thoughts and prayers !!

Johanne (big bob's dughter)