IGNORED

Bad news from Canadian crew going to PIP

sarges46

Although I have never met you BigBob, from all that I've read here, you are a loved friend, outstanding member of this Venture family and most importantly, a great dad. I can only imagine how difficult times like this can be for your family and I and my family will certainly remember you in our daily prayers. Hang in there BigBob and from all of us fellow members down here Texas way, we are all wishing you a very speedy and total recovery. GOD Bless you and yours.

MasterGuns

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johanne,

Thanks for the update on your dad.

When I met your dad last year at PIP, his beautiful white bike and trailer were full of grasshoppers from riding across the plains of Canada.

I'm glad to hear he is responding to you and on the mend.

Give him a big HI from EagleEye!

Steve

Our best wishes and prayers are with you Big Bob. Thank you Joanne for the update, Susie and I were so happy to here that Big Bob has come around, you know, you can't keep a Yammie rider down for very long. Get well soon my friend, Susie and I only have a short few years left to retirement and we are both looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang in the future on our travels!

Susie sends X's and O's.... :hurts:

I just got off the phone with Jo and she let me know about signing on. That is great and now I can save her some roaming fees on her cell phone!

We still dont know much about the bike and what or when or if we can pick it up.

Progress is good....I wish I could be there...dang.

Jo....tell Bob that Courtney is waiting for him to get better so she can give him a big hug. She is our daughter and has always looked forward to seeing him when he passed through on is trips to Winnipeg and returning home. She peppers us with questions about how he is doing...we hold nothing back from our kids as we believe in honesty. He has a big spot in her heart.

Being relatively new on this site, I haven't met many of the members. To see the out pouring of good thoughts and prayers for a member in need confirms to me that this site was a good choice for me to join.

I don't know BigBob but my best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery go out to him and his family.

With plans to pull a trailer with my 2nd gen, I too would be inteested in knowing if BigBob has any insight to the cause of the accident. I'm on the road right now and will keep my eye on this thread for updates on his condition...

Doug

Johanne,

As it's been mentioned Thank you for joining the site and coming on with updates of your father. I have been fortunate enough to have spend time with him on a couple of occasions. He's a strong man and I'm confident he'll pull through just fine. Were talking with the maker daily and will continue to do so, you folks are in our thoughts.

Guest tessa c2

thanks for the update Jo, it sounds like Bob had a good day and everything is looking possative, here is a :bighug:for you and your family, and we are preying that you have a better day tomorrow, t/c Hazel& pete

Guest Big Bob Daughter

Quick update before I head off to the hospital :

Yesterday, my mom came down for the day (her sister and brother in law drove her down here). She was fortunate to catch him when he was awake and concious, he was able to hear her and see her and responded to her questions by nodding his head "Yes" or "No". She left around 5:00, my husband (Adrian) also left with them as he needs to get back to work.

Last night they put my dad back into coma because he was moving too much and bucking (working against) the ventilator. I stayed with him until midnight then came back to the hotel. His heartbeat, blood pressure, sugars are all good. They are slowly weaning him off the ventilator today so that he can breath on his own. He started a slight fever so they are giving him antibiotics. His right eye and road rash are looking much better. They are still very worried about his lungs as they are still in a very bad state. They will be transfering him onto a bigger bed today.

I spend most of my mornings on the phone and computer. I was able to talk to the person looking after his personal injury claim with SGI and with the person for vehicle claim with SGI:

Personal Injury coverage: Bill was very helpful and answered all my questions. In regards to his care here in the US, medical expenses and recovery he will be covered thru SGI and Sask health. From his experience he mentioned that what will probably happen is once he is stable he will be transfered to Regina, Moose Jaw or even Gravelbourg. He can't be transfered to Winnipeg because Manitoba health will not cover him there because he is not from there. He also mentioned that I need to keep a copy of all my expenses because that could be covered. In regards to the extended Blue Cross Travel coverage, they have not been very helpful but after many phone calls and inquiry because it was a motorvehicle accident SGI and Sask health will take over the expenses and they will not have anything to do with this accident. (I don't know what the point is in getting additional travel coverage???)

Bike and Trailer coverage: Kathy was also very helpful and answered all my questions. His bike/trailer is still in the pound in Devil's Lake and will stay there until my Dad can talk and say what he wants to do with them. In the meanwhile SGI hires an adjuster to check the bike/trailer. They will send their report to SGI (Kathy) to indicate whether it is written off or can be fixed. If it is wriiten off he will have the option to buy it back. If it can be fixed he has the choice as to who will fix it. Either way he needs to pay the deductable for both. Kathy mentioned that it can stay in the pound for as long as needed and until my Dad can communicate. So no big rush on taking it anywhere they are only charging $5.00/day and SGI will cover that cost as well.

I'm still working on getting a copy of the police report.

Well I'm off to the hopital now and will update everyone tomorrow,

Take care everyone,

Love,

Johanne

Thanks for the update Johanne! I talked with your Mom last night and she said he even smiled at her which made her very happy!

That is cheap storage fees and I am glad it is so, I had visions of it being alot more. I guess Blue Cross is only if you get sick...still not a bad idea to have it though.

I guess the best we can hope for is he gets shipped back home then....that way your Mom can be there on a regular basis.

Once he can tell us what he wants done with his bike it will be done! You can count on that.

Our Courtney sends a big hug to him and wants very much to see him. I told her we will wait until he can talk and all....he will appreciate it more and so will she.

Johanne,

Glad to hear that you are able to take care of some of the things fo your Dad! But sorry that he is "bucking" the help needed. Glad he is healing, and sometimes it's a good thing that he is not giving up the "fight", but the doctors know what he needs, as in the comatosed state.

We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers, and will look for your updates as you can post them! Thank you for all the insite you can give us! If there is anything you need us to do for any of you, please don't hesitate to let us know! We are here for you all!!

Quick update before I head off to the hospital :

Yesterday, my mom came down for the day (her sister and brother in law drove her down here). She was fortunate to catch him when he was awake and concious, he was able to hear her and see her and responded to her questions by nodding his head "Yes" or "No". She left around 5:00, my husband (Adrian) also left with them as he needs to get back to work.

Last night they put my dad back into coma because he was moving too much and bucking (working against) the ventilator. I stayed with him until midnight then came back to the hotel. His heartbeat, blood pressure, sugars are all good. They are slowly weaning him off the ventilator today so that he can breath on his own. He started a slight fever so they are giving him antibiotics. His right eye and road rash are looking much better. They are still very worried about his lungs as they are still in a very bad state. They will be transfering him onto a bigger bed today.

I spend most of my mornings on the phone and computer. I was able to talk to the person looking after his personal injury claim with SGI and with the person for vehicle claim with SGI:

Personal Injury coverage: Bill was very helpful and answered all my questions. In regards to his care here in the US, medical expenses and recovery he will be covered thru SGI and Sask health. From his experience he mentioned that what will probably happen is once he is stable he will be transfered to Regina, Moose Jaw or even Gravelbourg. He can't be transfered to Winnipeg because Manitoba health will not cover him there because he is not from there. He also mentioned that I need to keep a copy of all my expenses because that could be covered. In regards to the extended Blue Cross Travel coverage, they have not been very helpful but after many phone calls and inquiry because it was a motorvehicle accident SGI and Sask health will take over the expenses and they will not have anything to do with this accident. (I don't know what the point is in getting additional travel coverage???)

Bike and Trailer coverage: Kathy was also very helpful and answered all my questions. His bike/trailer is still in the pound in Devil's Lake and will stay there until my Dad can talk and say what he wants to do with them. In the meanwhile SGI hires an adjuster to check the bike/trailer. They will send their report to SGI (Kathy) to indicate whether it is written off or can be fixed. If it is wriiten off he will have the option to buy it back. If it can be fixed he has the choice as to who will fix it. Either way he needs to pay the deductable for both. Kathy mentioned that it can stay in the pound for as long as needed and until my Dad can communicate. So no big rush on taking it anywhere they are only charging $5.00/day and SGI will cover that cost as well.

I'm still working on getting a copy of the police report.

Well I'm off to the hopital now and will update everyone tomorrow,

Take care everyone,

Love,

Johanne

Thanks so much for the update, we are thinking positive thoughts and sending it all your way.

If they transfer Bob to Regina and you need a place to stay , you are welcome to stay at my place as long as it takes to get Bob back to health. That travelling back and forth can really tire a person out when they already are under stress.

I am glad SGI is looking after you, but kinda wondering whats up with Blue Cross, maybe they only start coverage after the SGI coverage tops out?

Best Wishes to Bob and your whole family,

Brian

Thanks so much for the update, we are thinking positive thoughts and sending it all your way.

If they transfer Bob to Regina and you need a place to stay , you are welcome to stay at my place as long as it takes to get Bob back to health. That travelling back and forth can really tire a person out when they already are under stress.

I am glad SGI is looking after you, but kinda wondering whats up with Blue Cross, maybe they only start coverage after the SGI coverage tops out?

Best Wishes to Bob and your whole family,

Brian

Yes, thanks for the update.

I'm also guessing, that the Blue Cross travel, is only illness & maybe covers stuff that is not covered provincially, as it could be an extended coverage. Time to read & understand the fine print, when getting additional coverage.....:2cents:

Guest tessa c2

Tanks for the update Johanne, sounds like everything is comming together, glad to hear that sgi and sask health are helping you, sometimes they can be dorks. and like Rick said, once you know what to do with Bobs bike and traior let us know, and we will be there, we are still thinking and preying for you, t/c pete

Thank you for the update. You tell your father that he has a huge extended family that is praying for him to get well soon. It is a terrible thing that has happened, and I am so glad that he is doing better. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. All too many times we get so wrapped up in our loved ones problems, we forget to take care of ourselves. Just know that we all care and pray for all of you.

Take care,

Wayne

Guest Big Bob Daughter

Just a quick update:

Well it has now been 1 week since the accident and things are slowly (very slowly) getting better. They say it is like watching grass grow.

Things are still the same right now but last night they needed to increase the sedation level as he is very restless. They changed him into a wider bed yesterday but it looks too short and his legs are not able to be staright. The nurses are also not liking this bed but if you ask him if he is comfortable he nods his head "Yes". They also needed to increase his oxygen as it dropped a little. Also, during the night he managed to pull out his feeding tube, I will question them today as to why they didn't have his arms tied.

My Mom and my brother will be down tonight around 9:30. My brother still has not had the chance to see him and has been very restless. I moved into a room with 2 beds because my mom will be staying with me until he is transfered.

Well, I am now off to the hospital and will update tomorrow,

Thanks again to all of you that are thinking and praying for a quick recovery!!!

Hugs and kisses to all of you,

Johanne (bigbob's daughter)