IGNORED

RSV Top Speed

I have been told by a very reliable source :whistling: that my '99 will, with very little effort, bury the speedometer in 4th, 2 up, and accelerate when shifted to 5th. That is by the bike speedometer, again, so I'm told, 'cause I would never ride THAT fast:no-no-no:.

Edited by wes0778
spelling

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I started running some Startron thru my 88 a couple tanks ago. She takes the gas way better. If shes being sneaky and running on 3cyl. 85mph is about it. But riding around town and such you'd never know it. Last time I did a "test" the front end was coming up more on the shifts, and I rolled off at about 95mph with the needle climbing rapidly...lol I was surprised at the extra get up and go. Plus driving around the back roads she just glides. Star tron works. Also coming back from NYC on the expressway, I did 85/90 for a hour straight with plenty of twist left. The bike was never happyer, then on that run. Loves the slabs. I'm think 125mph is NP. But, I'm not going there...lol:no-no-no:

Had mine over 100 mph a couple of times then I backed off...realizing that I am too old for this and I could be killed doing something stupid. :bikersmilie:

What he said!:backinmyday: I saw an indicated 110 on mine ONCE and it still was accelerating pretty hard....

I don't know how fast I had my 07, but while running against a Road King and a Sportster, I buried my speedo for what my wife said was quite a while. (I wasn't watching the speedo). My wife watched the speedo. Both HDs said they were very impressed with my 'Jap bike'. I wish I had my GPS with us to see how fast we were going. I doubt I will ever do that foolish thing again.

Craigr

I don't know how fast I had my 07, but while running against a Road King and a Sportster, I buried my speedo for what my wife said was quite a while. (I wasn't watching the speedo). My wife watched the speedo. Both HDs said they were very impressed with my 'Jap bike'. I wish I had my GPS with us to see how fast we were going. I doubt I will ever do that foolish thing again.

Craigr

Me neither.....:whistling: Course my 1st Gen can break 100 in 3rd gear pretty easy so they tell me.

Freebird/Don - You should also compare the years of the bikes. Maybe at some point a speed limiter was added or lowered by yamaha. I know my 04 slid right by 115 in fourth (uncorrected) but sleeperhawks 05 wont break 110 in any gear.

I believe stock chevy silverado's 05 and afterward are speed limited at 90, to prevent litigation due to the factory speed rating of the tires.

Anybody know the speed rating of the factory tires? Bet it's 110 that matches sleeperhawks.

"I would also bet the Dyna 3000 module overrides that speed limiter!!"

I do NOT proclaim any of this as fact, just thoughts.

With my Dyna set at 7500 RPM...103 in 3rd gear and really climbing. GPS was installed and is pretty close to my Speedohealer results. I upshifted to 4th and backed off at 110 because life is just too short. I know she'll go by 120 no problem the way it was accelerating! I "FEAR NO EVO"!!! Brian