IGNORED

Beautiful day for a ride.

ragtop69gs

I hopped on for a quick ride from North Las Vegas to Los Angeles.  Although it was chilly going through the desert, it warmed up in the Los Angeles area.  A couple of weeks back, I rode from North Las Vegas to Shoshone  and then on to Tecopa to have breakfast.  Great spot (they prepare a favorite of mine, salmon and scrambled eggs).  Death Valley Brewery was their old name.  I need to get some new tires now.  After my ride to Mexico/Canada/Vegas, they are about gone.  Ordering some Shinko's this time to see if the last longer than the Dunlops.

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_4537.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

• Like 3

On September 1, I enjoyed the company of 300 or so bikers who met up in Puerto Penasco, Mexico for the annual Three Flags Classic Ride!  I was the only Royal Star Venture rider and I had lots of fun.  I wish I could get more RSV'ers to participate in this ride next year.  The document attached has URL's of the many pictures taken by all of the riders.  We rode from Mexico, through the United States and ended up in Canada.  3-4 days of riding, depending on your style.  Beautiful countryside, great people, and just plain fun times.  I have to admit, I had some troubles along the way, primarily a flat tire.....but also, I had to replace a fuel pump too.  It was truly my fault.  I had purchased a CHEAP unit 2 years prior and it caught up with me on the road.  Replaced it with a very nice all electric unit that actually gave me better gas mileage.  Stopped at lakes, rivers and more to put my toes in the water! Next year, it will start in Canada and ride to Mexico!   SEE MORE PICS in the attached Word Document.

image.png

image-1.png

IMG_4897.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4939.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4895.jpg

IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

2023 TFC Photo Albums Links Email.docx

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sleepy2 said:

Was out running my tractors to make sure that they run waiting for snow sometime and even though bike needs new tire I just couldn't resist taking it for a ride! Was out for an hour. Glad I did as it was GREAT!!!!!20231230_131753.thumb.jpg.03cc644400631778e2c991d0ae3821b4.jpg

What's with the Blue light? did you buy that tractor at K-Mart?

@ragtop69gs no I didn't buy at Walmart but from swap meet years ago. It is on my 2 tractors when I plow and blow snow from mine and neighbors sidewalks and lane ways as it is used for visibility when snowing. Even then I have to watch all the idiot drivers when going lane way to lane way.

20211229_104110.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 11:30 PM, sleepy2 said:

@ragtop69gs no I didn't buy at Walmart but from swap meet years ago. It is on my 2 tractors when I plow and blow snow from mine and neighbors sidewalks and lane ways as it is used for visibility when snowing. Even then I have to watch all the idiot drivers when going lane way to lane way.

I put those 3/4" round flush fit LED marker lights you see on trailer, yellow on front & sides, red on rear...its pretty well lit up and looks like a small car at night with the headlights on the plow.  That wasn't enough and almost got hit a few times cleaning my alley.  So I did a similar pole-mounted yellow gyro-light on my JD tractor for the same reason.  

On 12/30/2023 at 12:22 PM, sleepy2 said:

Was out running my tractors to make sure that they run waiting for snow sometime and even though bike needs new tire I just couldn't resist taking it for a ride! Was out for an hour. Glad I did as it was GREAT!!!!!20231230_131753.thumb.jpg.03cc644400631778e2c991d0ae3821b4.jpg

Your lightbar looks very nice.  What brand and or where can I get one?

20211229_104110.thumb.jpg.838eaf641f5c7e0738e8866b8933acd2.jpgFirst picture: bent bar on right goes thru body where deck raise was and connects with rod inside then out to a set up that when you pull back it rotates bar then lift blade which is mounted to frame ahead of rear tires. Bar next to bent bar and beside hood is mounted to frame with threaded rod thru body to blade with eyelets which when pulled to back it rotates blade to left then when pushed back forwards it rotates to right. If you blow up 3rd pic. you should be able to see where it pushes back then pivots blade to go up.Rod on left fender is for forward and reverse There is a cable under seat that I pull to lift eye bolt up to let blade swing either way. Works much better in reverse than forward as it can turn sharper onto sidewalk instead of back and forth to line up when going forward similar to driving tow motor.

20190412_133449.thumb.jpg.97797950b9177eda220a511fab3229de.jpg20190412_133456.thumb.jpg.4f97f930149cad5941bbed850f59e12e.jpg20211229_104101.thumb.jpg.a22fbb1abecfc7fe2981afa8a57c9edc.jpg

• Like 2

@ascaife01 I'm pretty sure it is an old Cotes model I bought at a swap meet! I have one on each of my 2 lawn tractors as shown in pictures. Have tried to find them at different stores but don't see them around (yellow,green and red but not blue)unless from a jobber shop but WAY out of what I can afford!