IGNORED

Ride Report

Woody

• 1 month later...

Wow we had a great ride we rode about seventy five miles before stopping and the seat is good my butt got tired but I was not hurting like before and the in-laws bike did good since we tightened up the steering. We ended up with about 120 miles all together

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Put a few more miles on the seat today, two bikes and about 150 miles through the country the weather was hot but as long as we were moving it was great, we passed over Henry dam and seen some people fishing and I thought at least we have a breeze when we are moving they were sitting in direct sun. As we were winding down our ride we just had to stop for ice cream then head home to sit in the AC for a while. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, N3FOL said:

No leisure riding for me lately.  Simply riding back and forth to work.  Busy lately at work, but at least I get to have some riding every now and then.  

Work what do you mean using that 4 letter around me :stickpoke:

lol...some people just like me don't have any choice at this point.  I really thought you meant SNOW, but that is hopefully 6 months away.  At any rate, I was able to ride my RSV to and from again yesterday and will switch to the SVTC today.   Wind therapy for the next 3 days....yay!

• Like 1

Same reply as @Woody about 4 letter word!   As for ride only been doing leisure ride also as with temperature being very hot and then turning to showers to thunder storms just like last night. Went to help son to replace door panel on customized car he was loaned but it ended up he had no time. So I went for ride but after a half hour it started with big drops on windshield to BIGGER drops then light rain till complete down pore about 4 miles from home. Didn't get soaked but made it home and wiped down bike and trailer.. Looking forward to next good ride on the 5th or 12th of August when we meet up in Paris Ontario Canada again for our Ontario meet put on by @XV1100SE! Hoping for bigger turnout than last time! We did meet a potential future member (2013 Royal Star)  (ride name  Pig Speed) tho so was worth trip

• Like 2

We got out today for a ride, Great weather not to hot. About ready to head out for a few days no place in mind just get to the end of the drive way and flip a coin for left or right. Feels good to be back on the seat again. I was going to hang it up. With my eyes the way they were. I can see clear again and feel comfortable again.IMG_20230723_143652149.thumb.jpg.370b169e463081c2b3212cdc9fd95d1f.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Woody said:

That is great news sounds fun, where did you take that picture that's pretty 

Thats the scenic over look just north of Genoa Wi, nice view of the bluffs and the Mississippi

one of our favorite places to go.

13 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Good for you, take it easy at first just to make sure you didn't forget something.

I have been riding since I was 8 years old and I learn something new every time I go for a ride, But then maybe I am getting old enough that that I have forgot some and it just comes back to me.

5 hours ago, OrlinEngh said:

I have been riding since I was 8 years old and I learn something new every time I go for a ride, But then maybe I am getting old enough that that I have forgot some and it just comes back to me.

I am so right there with you. It's fun learning everything again with each ride, just like Groundhog Day. 🤣

• Like 1

Went Yard Sailing on Saturday but didn't buy anything but got a lot of interest and comments on my bike and trailer.

Then Sunday went uptown to see all the cars and trucks displayed for the 3 day city street fest. Must have been over 100 vehicles . Then went for 75klm ride to get bulk peanuts and raisins plus just for something to do!

Got home and noticed plate light wasn't working so worked on wiring so if son wants to us it when he goes camping end of August he will have something to put all his stuff in. He wanted to take my Time-out camper but Phantom Wife and I are going to use it in Port Elgin at my nieces property as her son got married a-bit ago and were invited to a get-together to celebrate and camp for a few days

• Like 1

Did a cigarette run today for the wife with a 30% chance  of rain. Drove about 45klm there then stopped of at Princes Auto to pick up a few things with no sight of rain in clouds. Came out after spending $70 and it had poured when i was inside! Wiped seat off and headed to visit @Marcarl and Marca since I was in the area(dark clouds every where) Visited with Marca as I had missed @Marcarl(out doing things she said) Poured for about 10min while we were talking then she went in to finish what she was doing. Clouds didn't look too good but had to get home and missed every bit of rain all the way.

Looking forward to @XV1100SE's get together in August.

23 hours ago, bpate4home said:

I've ridden with a wet backside - a lot, 😆

Me too but only when it was raining not for days after 😬 it came with ride on rain covers I'll just have to make myself put them on. 

@Woody had those covers when I was still working and rode a 2000 Road Star(rain or shine)!  Had an Ultimate seat(I think that is the name) Had to carry the covers in saddle bags as seat was not waterproof! Put up with the covers as it was very comfortable.