IGNORED

,"Time to Thank Freebird"

Tom

Ok folks,by now I think we have all seen the troubles and time,not to mention his own personal money,Don has put into this site. He never asks for anything in return and I feel it is not in his character to ask.While he works a full time job he has spent the last few days keeping the site up for our pleasure and a few posts have been made on making Donations but they are kind of hidden in other post subjects. Lets all IF YOU CAN try and send even a dollar to help him and Thank Him and Yes,help pay for the new server. I know all of you have met some great people on here and I personally have made some close friendships that I will cherish forever. I have seen a few posts that even the newest of members have sent in donations..That says alot about the site! Some may not be able to send in anything and BELIEVE me,Everyone can understand that and no one would EVER hold that against whoever but those of us that can lets say "THANK YOU DON" for this with a donation that is much needed at this time to keep a great site FREE! Thank You All,Tom

Everyone that has Donated THANK YOU!

Very well said Tom, and I couldn't agree with you more. There are some folks that dont know Don personally, I am fortunate that I get to see him several times a year and call him my friend. Don is a very modest man and he hates it when folks have to donate. We actually made him put the donation button on the site as he is dead set on keeping this site free to all.

There are a lot of folks that are having tough financial times, and that is to be understood. I do alright and donate what I can when I can. To me this place is worth a minimum of $100 a year as I have made so many good long lasting friendships. Don may come out and tell us not to worry about it, but I say that we do worry about it and send monies if you can. Again that is if you can and you believe this place is worth some money. I know that I send money in all during the year, 20 here 10 there, there are always costs that pop up and then the OPE fund for sending flowers to members funerals and whatnot.

I appreciate all of you that have made donations and those that are going to. This place is a happy place to come to because of Dons tireless work and the memebers that help this place run.

I agree with all that is posted in this thread. Just fired off a $25 donation via PayPal to Don. And I will keep donating as warranted too.

Thank you Don for all that you have done and continue to do for this Site to exists.

Regards...........Boomer

Guest Swifty

Don hates it when folks donate.

...and that's why Don loves ME so much.:whistling:

but I'm sure to always top up the donation jar on maintenance days.

This site IS a big bang for the buck.

Thanks so much Don for all your time and effort and money that you spend to keep us all going and sane. (OK, scratch the sane part...:) )

Paypal is all done and on its way to you as a small token of thanks!

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Very well said Tom, and I couldn't agree with you more. There are some folks that dont know Don personally, I am fortunate that I get to see him several times a year and call him my friend. Don is a very modest man and he hates it when folks have to donate. We actually made him put the donation button on the site as he is dead set on keeping this site free to all.

There are a lot of folks that are having tough financial times, and that is to be understood. I do alright and donate what I can when I can. To me this place is worth a minimum of $100 a year as I have made so many good long lasting friendships. Don may come out and tell us not to worry about it, but I say that we do worry about it and send monies if you can. Again that is if you can and you believe this place is worth some money. I know that I send money in all during the year, 20 here 10 there, there are always costs that pop up and then the OPE fund for sending flowers to members funerals and whatnot.

I appreciate all of you that have made donations and those that are going to. This place is a happy place to come to because of Dons tireless work and the memebers that help this place run.

Along with my gratitude for your work, I too feel that we should give to help defray the costs when we can. It has been a few months since I hit that donation button. Thanks for reminding me Tom. I gave $5.00 for the drop I had at the gas station last month and an extra $20.00 just to help out.

JB

I have only been a member for a short time but have been made to feel at home!

Thanks to all who have already helped me iron out the bugs on my 87' Royale.......

PayPal Sent !

Regards Dave

. . . I gave $5.00 for the drop I had at the gas station last month and an extra $20.00 just to help out.

JB

Crap! $5 a drop? OK, Don, I'll send my next paycheck to you . . . I lost count on the drops a couple years ago.

----------

OK, me an PayPal are going to have to part ways--I can never get in there withou a fight. So, Don, PM me your mailing address and I'll just set up a monthly donation through my bank. You'll have to open their mail and take the check to the bank, but I don't want any account information for a direct payment, OK? Thanks.

Edited by noahzark
paypal frustration

I've been a member here now a couple of years and while I've donated items & money for rallies and such I hit that donation button yesterday too for the 1st time. Seeing what Don has gone thur, with both labor & his money, I relized there is no "free ride" .

With that in mind I will make more of an effort in donating in the future. This site is too important to let it fall to the wayside. I and I'm sure other here agree, we've all made too many friends and shared knowledge, fun times, & rides to want this site to fall off the map.

Thanks Don & Moderators

Larry

Thanks Don for all of the work that you do for the site.

This site is a full time job in its self but I know that it is a labor of love for you. I was wondering if you would please add a subscription payment option to your donations page. I know that you want to keep the site free but I am sure that there are many of us that would choose to pitch in a few bucks a month to help defer the costs. Servers are not cheap - I know! :)

please save us from having to go to that page each month just to make sure that this site can continue to grow (we will if we need to though). :thumbsup:

OK...I'll look at it closer tomorrow. I would rather do it so that a member can add a lesser amount. I've set it up for now as a menu item. It is in the left menu under the Main Menu heading and simply says "Subscriptions". I have it set now for $2.00 per month but just kind of picked that out of thin air. If it should be less, just let me know.

It can be used via PayPal, credit cards or bank accounts.

I happy to donate and thanks for all your hard work Don. I haven't had a chance to meet any of the great folks on here yet but without all their help I would still be trying to figure out my bike's "issues". Every day I look forward to checking in on what's happening with the cast of characters that frequent here. Yep, I am addicted. Thanks again!

I too have not been able to meet anyone except for on here, and I talk to you guys more than anybody else. Since Condor wasn't able to convince Odyssey that we are good customers and he broke off that arrangement, I just took part of the refund and gave it to Don. It was already there in paypal and in my mind it was already spent, so--- no biggy. Oh, by the way, what was left over is now sitting ready to go to the shop with my forks to get rebuilt---new Progressive springs!!!!!!!

Thanks again Don, without you and this site, I don't know where I'd be with this bike!

Dan

:whistling: Suggestion , set your "Subscriptions" like we did on the other side of the river ...

$.05 a day .. This spot is definately worth that, which would also give you a good yearly basis for donations ... :cool10:

hmmm....not sure I understand. .05 per day. The subscriptions are set up so that if somebody subscribes, their credit card, paypal account, bank account, whatever is automatically debited at whatever it is set for. I now have it set for $2.00 per month. Now any processor, in this case PayPal, is going to charge a minimum fee for transactions. So out of that $2.00 per month it will likely mean about $1.60 or so actually gets to me. How does setting it at .05 cents work?

Guest mmmouse

Payment sent....partially for the outstanding site and partially as atonement. You see, I have sinned. Just bought an '06 Electraglide Classic.

It was there, and it felt good....forgive me! :whistling:

P.S. Still have the TD :bighug:

Payment sent....partially for the outstanding site and partially as atonement. You see, I have sinned. Just bought an '06 Electraglide Classic.

It was there, and it felt good....forgive me! :whistling:

P.S. S

till have the TD :bighug:

Still have 2 Wheels..Thats not a sin! THANK YOU for wanting to stay with us! Ride safe! Tom