IGNORED

Bad Gas Disposal

scope59

I mix it 50/50 with some good gas and add a little seafoam and run it in my lawn mower. Those good ole Briggs an Strattons will run on just about anything. I have even thrown old 2 stroke mix in them that I mixed with some good gas and they just keep on running. Best to burn the 2 stroke in them around 6-7 at night. No mosquitoes after that! Cut my grass all season with old gas.

I would do the same. Filter it with one of those paper shop towels to get the rust particles out and use it in the lawn equipment. When my Kawasaki sat for a long time, I removed the tank, sloshed the gas around to get the rust particles in suspension and drained the tank. Then I filtered it with the said shop towel and burned it in the bike mixed with fresher gas and some Gumout with PEA. The bike ran great.

My boat has a 65 gallon gas tank and there is always some old gas in that thing. I keep adding Gumout and Stabil to the gas and it runs fine mixed with some fresher gas. The boat has a 99 Yamaha fuel injected 150hp 2 stroke. Yamaha's rock!

I sell mine to the gas station down on the corner who's owner has me just dump it into this steel hole in the ground not to far from where the cars park when their owners are filling them up.. I dont tell him but I also mix my drain oil into my old gas to get rid of it too and it increases the amount of gas I am selling to the gas station owner so it increases my profitability as well as getting rid of both my old gas and oil :missingtooth:

If it looks dirt and rust free I just add it to one of our daily drivers, usually my truck. If there’s 10 gallons or so it will never know the difference.

I have had a rusty tank and I add that to my five gallon container of waste oil

If the gas is to bad to dump into my truck, then I fill ziploc baggies with the gas and place a small container of Tannerite in it. and take it to the rifle range for spectacular disposal.

:lightbulb::lightbulb: You, my brother, are just FILLED with alllll kinds of GREAT ideas!!!! I will try and get some video of this as soon as the weather breaks :thumbsup:

:think:,,, dont gas melt plastic?

Well, we should at least mention that responsible mechanics take it to the local hazardous waste disposal site to keep it out of the water, the air, etc.

Everyone else likes the exploding rifle target idea the best.

Back years ago when just a youngen, and a broke youngen at that, I did a lot of scraping cars for $$.. We had a junk yard a few miles from us who's owner loved us young gearheads and would pay us $25 cash for any vehicle we could drive, tow or drag in. It was a time and age when a youngen could knock on someones door who had a rust bucket sitting in their yard and if you asked with sad enough eyes they would almost always just give it to ya :beer:. One of the only requirements at the junk yard was the fuel had to be drained out of em. Motor oil was fine but no gas.

I developed a very easy drain em method that not only took care of the no fuel rule but gave me a chance to shoot my 30-30 Deer Rifle. One shot straight down thru the trunk and the process was done. We had a 5' wide low spot in our field that I would line with plastic, pull the car over, shoot it, let it drain, drag it forward and toss a match in the gas.. It always amazed me how much smoke burning raw fuel would create. While not as bad as burning tires, in a non atomized state it is definitely not as clean burning of a fuel as one would think.

:lightbulb::lightbulb: You, my brother, are just FILLED with alllll kinds of GREAT ideas!!!! I will try and get some video of this as soon as the weather breaks :thumbsup:

:think:,,, dont gas melt plastic?

if you don't miss so often the gas won't have time to melt the plastic bag :rasberry:

I mix about a quart of old gas with 3 quarts of old motor oil and use it as a firestarter when I'm burning brush / trash / leaves. If ya get a fire started with it, once there's a few coals burning, then I incorporate the leaf blower and it looks like a blast furnace.

Using that method has worked well to get a roaring fire going even with wet materials.

I go through 15 or 20 gallons of that stuff every year.

When I retire I'm not going to miss all the PITA stuff I have to do living in the woods. House is 700' off the road and property is mostly wooded. I loved the seclusion and the idea of rural living, but when I submit to my golden years, I don't want to deal with this crap.:backinmyday:

if you don't miss so often the gas won't have time to melt the plastic bag :rasberry:

:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Speaking of hitting the target, years ago the bar I attended fairly regularly had one of those famous "WE AIM TO PLEASE, YOU AIM TOO PLEASE" hanging over the urinals,, :think: not sure why but your :stickpoke: made me remember that :guitarist 2::rotfl:

r

Puc's post reminded ME of an old story from Huntin' Camp.

One of the old timers who was up in his deer stand had to pee, but didn't want to climb down out of the stand to do it, so he peed in a Ziploc bag he had with him, and zipped it shut, then while holding it, he realized how nice and warm it was, so he kept holding it, using it as a hand warmer until it came unzipped and dumped into his lap. lol

The next morning he was handing out baggies, asking if anyone needed handwarmers.:rotf:

I have been trying to fill Styrofoam cups with the bad gas all day, but the cups bottoms keep falling out before I can get to the targets. Any suggestions? Bad cups maybe? Really was hoping to blow some cups up!!!

I have been trying to fill Styrofoam cups with the bad gas all day, but the cups bottoms keep falling out before I can get to the targets. Any suggestions? Bad cups maybe? Really was hoping to blow some cups up!!!

Ya just gotta work on your quick draw technique some there '59!! Pour with left, draw with the right :big-grin-emoticon:

Uhh, doesn't gas plus styrofoam equal napalm??