IGNORED

Laid off today

bikerjohn

Got laid off today after 15 years with the company. Went to Sams 2 years ago and today got the news

Looking for new job deciding what I want to do at 55 (feb. 16)

Staying positive made a sign so I can panhandle seems to work great for others (LOL)

But seriously if anyone knows of a safety or compliance manger job let me know

Really sorry to hear that. It happens though. I got laid off when I was 50 after 21 years when the company decided to downsize and get rid of as many 20 yr employees as possible to reduce their retirement obligations. I ended up working as a contractor doing the same job for more money but I was away from home most of the time. I was divorced for many of those years so I didn't mind being away that much. I retired at 70.

Sorry to hear this.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I still have a job in the next two months. (I'm 61). My company is going through bankruptcy and has someone attempting to purchase them. Not sure what the new owners will do with us or our facility.

Try to stay positive and remember when one door closes, another opens...

Best of luck!!

Good luck. I was in a similar situation a couple years back. Company changed some inspection processes and downsized. I was out of work for about year and half. @ 57 here anyways kind of hard to find something that payed decent and I wanted to do. Like was mentioned I ended up doing something I would have never thought of before that. I would still like to get back to Motorsports, but at 61 I dont see that happening.

I can certainly sympathize with you and wish you all the best in your search for a new job.

I was laid off after 21 years at the same company and at 63 it was hard find a job. I tried selling real estate for a while, but that turned out to be almost that same as being unemployed, so when an entry level job was offered I took it. Using the knowledge I gained over those 21 years plus other life experiences, I have been upwardly mobile in my new job over the past 10 months and everything is working out nicely. Just remain positive and keep looking.

Keep us posted.

Sorry to hear, sucks for sure.

I believe things often happen for a reason.

Turn what appears to be a bad, into a great.

The USA economy is the best it's been in many years, and the future economically looks even better.

In your search, look at this website, it will open your horizon to what's out there. http://www.indeed.com

Good luck, your next chapter in life will be whatever you want it to be

:2132:

This won't help you because I'm sure you don't want to move to Yankee Land but the company that I work for currently has two outside sales/support jobs open.

They are a great company to work for if anybody is interested but unfortunately, they do require a 4 year college degree. It doesn't matter what the degree is in but they require one in something. Absolutely not necessary to do the job but they won't bend on that requirement and they WILL verify.

That being said, if anybody is interested, one of the positions is for the Chicago, Minnesota, surrounding areas. Ideally the person would be based somewhere around the Chicago area.

The other position is mine. I tendered my resignation during our semi-annual sales meeting in Minnesota about 3 weeks ago. I am working until the end of this month and then moving on to other things. Most of you know that I have run my Brother in Laws stairlift business for a little more than a year. He passed away on new years day and I have made the decision to continue with that business full time. I couldn't continue to do both jobs and am tired of the travel that I have done for over 25 years now. I'm ready to spend my nights at home. So my position is open and that person would cover OH, MI, IN, KY, WV, western PA, and western NY. They would want you somewhat centrally located in that area.

So, if anybody has a college education, lives in one of those areas, and needs a job, I can give you some contact information. Pay is OK, benefits are good, you will have a company car (Dodge Caravan), and all travel expenses are paid. I think they are starting people with 2 weeks paid vacation. Benefits include medical, dental, 401k, etc.

Got laid off today after 15 years with the company. Went to Sams 2 years ago and today got the news

Looking for new job deciding what I want to do at 55 (feb. 16)

Staying positive made a sign so I can panhandle seems to work great for others (LOL)

But seriously if anyone knows of a safety or compliance manger job let me know

Sorry to hear that John.

Hope you find something soon.

Oh man,,, Prayers Up my Texas Hero brother!!! Will be lifting you and your family up with thoughts and prayers while your out pounding the pavement ISO of a new job John.. Always thought it was easier to find work when working = even flipping hamburgers or doing volunteer work looks better than "unemployed" to a lot of Managers..

Just a thought,, hope the search is short lived:fingers-crossed-emo!!! GO GET EM BIKERJOHN!!!!:thumbsup: