IGNORED

Gas Cans

Freebird

Do the rest of you hate the new EPA Mandated gas can spouts as much as I do? Not only do they drip and splash but it takes forever to empty a five gallon can of gas into my mowers tank.

I just ordered some of these old fashioned conversion spouts. Looks simple enough. Any of you used them?

https://www.ruralking.com/ez-pour-hi-flo-replacement-spout-kit-30051.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAjw3pTJBRChgZ3e7s_YhAkSJAASG9VrD0XNNCmH80nItIgFTyUYjjddyvs7NhlRfijZQ0A-HBoCIubw_wcB

Now I saw somewhere they these are illegal in some states, Ohio being one of them. The order went through though so hopefully I will get them. Here is a note at the bottom of a different ad.

This product is banned for sale in the following states: CA, CT, DC, DE, MA, ME, MD, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, and VA.

I have one of these EPA junkers. I converted it into oil waste and just put a solid lid on it. I use older gas cans for my saws, mowers and trimmers. I guess gov has solved so many of the problems that really plague society that they have directed the EPA create these virtually unusable, needlessly complex spouts. Heres my workaround, I hit garage sales, it's like clockwork finding older quality gas cans with normal spouts for a buck or two each. A couple of mine are so old that the spouts may need to be replaced before the cans do so this is a great link to see.

Please update how they work and what the quality of the materials is.

Dan, we have a Rural King about 6 miles away but they haven't had any for a long time now. I look in every old store I go in but haven't found any for a couple of years.

Yard sales are a good idea but I seldom seem to find the time to go to any.

I really miss the old days of free flowing fuel spouts too Don.. Seems like life was a lot simpler back then...

I will say this about these new nozzled outfits - they do come in handy and are well worth the money at the right moment in time.. The little 2 gallon outfit with the modern spicket, like I assume your talking about, in the vid below was sure a blessing after exploring the outer limits of Area 51. And cost wise,, it was only 22 dollars more than Dans 10 dollar can and it come from the ONLY gas station out there at the start of the terrestrial highway = definitely a steal if ya dont like crossing the desert on foot..

Dan, we have a Rural King about 6 miles away but they haven't had any for a long time now. I look in every old store I go in but haven't found any for a couple of years.

Yard sales are a good idea but I seldom seem to find the time to go to any.

Maybe a state thing?? The Rural King at Cross Lanes had quite a few a couple weeks ago. But when I went back last week there were only a few.

Do the rest of you hate the new EPA Mandated gas can spouts as much as I do? Not only do they drip and splash but it takes forever to empty a five gallon can of gas into my mowers tank.

I just ordered some of these old fashioned conversion spouts. Looks simple enough. Any of you used them?

https://www.ruralking.com/ez-pour-hi-flo-replacement-spout-kit-30051.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAjw3pTJBRChgZ3e7s_YhAkSJAASG9VrD0XNNCmH80nItIgFTyUYjjddyvs7NhlRfijZQ0A-HBoCIubw_wcB

Now I saw somewhere they these are illegal in some states, Ohio being one of them. The order went through though so hopefully I will get them. Here is a note at the bottom of a different ad.

This product is banned for sale in the following states: CA, CT, DC, DE, MA, ME, MD, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, and VA.

If I recall they circumvent the laws by advising for water can use only. I have a bunch unopened in my tool locker and there readily available from my local tractor supply.

OMG do these cans suck! I tried to add some gas to my wife's car - which has it's own weirdness 'cuz there's no actual gas cap - just a cover that retracts when you put the gas spout in. It took me 10 minutes to figure out why the damn thing wasn't pouring and another 5 to figure out how make the damn thing pour into her car. WHAT a PITA!!

I had no idea this was an EPA thing, but it all makes sense now. I'm just gonna saw the F***ing tip off.

this is sad @cowpuc made a damn video dumping gas, not only that 2 gallons are you kidding me. I hate these gas cans with the passion I just now lost my final old style 5 gallon jug with the breather valve on it, you turn that and I can empty it in Tinker quicker then ol cowpuc got his 2 gallons moved, that is purely sad. I tried hiting garage sales but the only jug i found was a 2 gallon jug and they wanted $40 bux for it, you read that right 40bux now I find the old tin style 5 gallon one but that guy wanted 65 for it, he did manage to get 50 out of it while I was there....

Here ya go folks. A bit pricy but they work GREAT. I had a couple when I had the race car. Heck of a lot easier to fill and dispense. And if your car has one of them lazy mans gas caps you can shove the hose in and fill it without holding a funnel, the can and your breath.

this is sad cowpuc made a damn video dumping gas, not only that 2 gallons are you kidding me. I hate these gas cans with the passion I just now lost my final old style 5 gallon jug with the breather valve on it, you turn that and I can empty it in Tinker quicker then ol cowpuc got his 2 gallons moved, that is purely sad. I tried hiting garage sales but the only jug i found was a 2 gallon jug and they wanted $40 bux for it, you read that right 40bux now I find the old tin style 5 gallon one but that guy wanted 65 for it, he did manage to get 50 out of it while I was there....

The desert sun does strange things to the mind,,,,,,, strange things I tell ya,, strange things..........:240:

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 6.53.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-25 at 6.50.52 AM.png these are available on line 5 gall size is $40. Plain and $83 bucks with flex spout. I bought a dozen late last year to meet osha requirements, my guys need to carry fuel for the on board generators. Much easier to pour having the trigger right at the handle than those stupid plastic push the nozzle in things. The ones with the flex spout are vented so we can dump 5 gals of diesel in about 2 minutes.

http://cdn.overtons.com/product/103/1039911_L1.png?interpolation=lanczos-none&downsize=175px:*

I just bought this one from Overtons.com 49 bucks. I haven't used it yet. I got it to fill up my jet ski. It was such a pain to fight the new style can spout while the ski is in the water even though I have it tied to the dock fairly tight. The ski takes high test and I'm too cheep to pay a dollar more per gallon at the marinas.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109224http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109223 these are available on line 5 gall size is $40. Plain and $83 bucks with flex spout. I bought a dozen late last year to meet osha requirements, my guys need to carry fuel for the on board generators. Much easier to pour having the trigger right at the handle than those stupid plastic push the nozzle in things. The ones with the flex spout are vented so we can dump 5 gals of diesel in about 2 minutes.

The bottom can is close to what this guy had, but his was silver with handle closer to top of gas can. But those are cool. But this goes back on where you draw the line calling something antique, classic, etc.. I have been shopping for an older lawnmower with throttle on handle and adjustable carb. You know the one you could take a part and use a yoothbrush, paperclip , and good squirt of WD40 and you could clean it. Well I did find one behind me so went to check it out guy had $185.00 on it and called it classic. He is also same one who had antique gas can. I did ask him if he sold that lawnmower. He told me no one wanted to pay that tried lowballing him.. So I said so is 40 bux low? He cracked up and said that was almost as low as what people were offering but nope, he just hold onto it.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

http://cdn.overtons.com/product/103/1039911_L1.png?interpolation=lanczos-none&downsize=175px:*

I just bought this one from Overtons.com 49 bucks. I haven't used it yet. I got it to fill up my jet ski. It was such a pain to fight the new style can spout while the ski is in the water even though I have it tied to the dock fairly tight. The ski takes high test and I'm too cheep to pay a dollar more per gallon at the marinas.

Your lucky because when I was over in Oklahoma I could have swore gas was at least 2-3 more then what it is on land.

The desert sun does strange things to the mind,,,,,,, strange things I tell ya,, strange things..........:240:

Nah this is just putting this out there. That you actually had time to make a video while putting two gallons in your tank. Now try putting gas in a car on the side of the road... Plus you can't empty it out either.

I am curious as to how people wear out a gas can? I am still using the same 5 gal one that I bought 40 years ago. I use it for everything that I have that uses gas. It still works just like new.:confused24:

The only thing I can think of is from sliding it across the concrete and grinding through the bottom. But then if I need to move mine I never slid it across the floor, I pick it up and move it.

I am curious as to how people wear out a gas can? I am still using the same 5 gal one that I bought 40 years ago. I use it for everything that I have that uses gas. It still works just like new.:confused24:

The only thing I can think of is from sliding it across the concrete and grinding through the bottom. But then if I need to move mine I never slid it across the floor, I pick it up and move it.

The seams where it went together... I dropped gas jug a few to many times... Rather embarrassing really.