IGNORED

Venture owners, next time you change air filters-

M61A1MECH

Think about us Goldwing owners, and be glad that Yamaha had enough sense not to design a bike around the air filter. :bang head:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108516

Yamaha designed it around a fragile 2nd gear instead (at least for the firs couple years) :happy34:

I like the Goldwings, probably would have picked up a GL1500 but the Venture just felt roomier and V4-ier. Honda makes a damn fine vehicle, car or bike, but not always the easiest to wrench on for sure. I read the procedure for timing belt replacement on the Wing... man.

I asked the local Honda shop what they wanted to change my air filter and the guy said "we do it fairly cheap, only $400". Needless to say I did it myself and it took all day, I came to the conclusion the Goldwing Factory Service Manual is the worst laid out manual ever. I did take pictures of every step and plan on doing a write up on how to do it.

Thank goodness the Ventures is very easy to change.

I asked the local Honda shop what they wanted to change my air filter and the guy said "we do it fairly cheap, only $400". Needless to say I did it myself and it took all day, I came to the conclusion the Goldwing Factory Service Manual is the worst laid out manual ever. I did take pictures of every step and plan on doing a write up on how to do it.

Thank goodness the Ventures is very easy to change.

Yes the Goldwing manual is odd to say the least, you have to refer from section to section to take various layers off. I watched the videos before I tackled it, the first time and then again before this last time, but I still took pictures of the screws and where they came from just in case. I do not hurry so yeah takes several hours from start to finish.

All in all in is pretty rewarding to complete that task and you learn a lot about the bike in the process.

Yes the Goldwing manual is odd to say the least, you have to refer from section to section to take various layers off. I watched the videos before I tackled it, the first time and then again before this last time, but I still took pictures of the screws and where they came from just in case. I do not hurry so yeah takes several hours from start to finish.

All in all in is pretty rewarding to complete that task and you learn a lot about the bike in the process.

I changed one on a 91 1500 Goldwing with 20k on it after removing it which took most of the day found it really didn't need to be changed. After that I volved never to change one less than 40k miles.

We're supposed to change air filters???

:confused24:

Were supposed to HAVE air filters? I thought those were for sissies!

Maybe the 11 minute job replacement is on the V4 is a perk then. I'm still a Honda fan, it's hard to hate a line of cars that fairly regularly rack up over half a million miles before death, thats like two Chryslers, a Jeep and a Buick with change to spare. :stirthepot: