IGNORED

New Forum Area

Freebird

I have been thinking of this for a while but don't know if there would be any interest. Though this site is primarily about our motorcycles, we have a huge wealth of knowledge among the members here. There are often times that people ask about everything from home appliances, A/C, everything you can think of.

I've thought about creating a new area called product recommendations or something like that. Maybe sub-categories within it for Cars/Trucks, Major Appliances, Small Appliances, Computers, Phones, whatever.

I thought about this again last weekend when I decided that it was time to buy a new electric razor. Mine was still working but was not holding a charge as long as it once did and was getting noisier all the time. Here's the thing though, it is 18 years old! I have owned a few electric razors over the years but they typically last maybe 3 years. The one that lasted all these years was a Panasonic. It gave the best shave and in 18 years I never replaced the blades, foil, battery or anything else. Guess what I replace it with? Of course another Panasonic. If it is half as good I will still be happy.

So what do you think? Would such an area be useful or do we just use the Watering Hole for such things?

I like the idea, yes a general forum for OFF MOTORCYLE TOPICS and subdivided into functional areas as you suggested , cars, tucks, computers, appliances, tools and whatever. It could make searching for a specific topic easier.

bar-b-que recipes! great beers. oh and all that other stuff too.

I only use electric shavers. I have never bought an electric shaver. I am still using the Norelco my parents bought me when I was a teen just starting to sprout face hair. That would make it around 45 years old. never replaced a single part. The beard and mustache trimmer part died a long time ago and the switch had to be hot wired. but it still goes every morning when I plug it in.

See how well this would fit in if there were a separate area...................:whistling:

Then we can get into Ford / Chevy / Dodge debates. That should be about as much fun as oil, tires, politics, religion, and dielectric grease discussions. Maybe even as much fun as 1st gen vs 2nd gen.

I only use electric shavers. I have never bought an electric shaver. I am still using the Norelco my parents bought me when I was a teen just starting to sprout face hair. That would make it around 45 years old. never replaced a single part. The beard and mustache trimmer part died a long time ago and the switch had to be hot wired. but it still goes every morning when I plug it in.

See how well this would fit in if there were a separate area...................:whistling:

Then we can get into Ford / Chevy / Dodge debates. That should be about as much fun as oil, tires, politics, religion, and dielectric grease discussions. Maybe even as much fun as 1st gen vs 2nd gen.

No politics there are plenty of other places to vent your political view. But, I am for off motorcycle topic area. I also agree that there is a wealth of information on this site. I tend to have more trust in the opinions of others on this site then a stranger. I've never been steered wrong yet by a brother venturerider.

No politics there are plenty of other places to vent your political view. But, I am for off motorcycle topic area. I also agree that there is a wealth of information on this site. I tend to have more trust in the opinions of others on this site then a stranger. I've never been steered wrong yet by a brother venturerider.

Or sister venturerider. Sorry Yamagrl didn't mean to exclude you.

Sounds like my dad's old Drill motor. 3 windings, 2 cords, 3 switches, 4 chucks and 1 case, that drill motor lasted for ever.