IGNORED

Someone tried to steal parts off my bike again.....$#%#??#

Bert2006

WARNING THIS IS A RANT :bang head::bang head::bang head:

I do not get how bold and disrespectful people are. Had to stop going to work on the bike last year after having someone literally unbolt and walk away with some chrome parts ( ignition cover gone and had partly removed one of the carb covers - must have showed up when they were at it so they could not finish the job - but only noticed it when I sat on the bike). This is in a parking lot next to my building with lots of walking traffic. Got the security cam feed, but they were wearing hoodies --- BASTARDS!

Well, this Sunday I stop for gas at the end of my ride and as I am paying inside notice that someone is paying extra attention to the bike (it was parked at the pump closest to the doors). So I walk out and the idiot is trying to take off my VR flag :shock3: from the back trunk. He has it almost twisted off the mast. The next part was not nice as I was holding my helmet in my hands and told him that it was about to connect with the back of his head. He looks at me and says - sorry, my son really likes your bike and wanted the flag --- ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What was said next I cannot write and I am not proud of myself for saying it, but he was told in no uncertain terms - in front of his son - that he was a thief, low life and the worst example as a father that I had ever seen. This guy was in his 30's with a 8 to 10 year old son next to him. Guess what the next generation will be up to based on the example provided.

Sorry for the rant - just had to get it off my chest.......

That's amazing. In my 48 years of riding, I don't ever remember having anything stolen off my bike. Maybe I've just been very lucky. There was once when I thought that somebody had walked by and broken an antenna off but after replacing it and losing it again, I learned that the cast aluminum mounts I had covered too were breaking and I likely lost it on the way there. To do something like that in front of your kid....that just makes it worse.

I do not get how bold and disrespectful people are. Had to stop going to work on the bike last year after having someone literally unbolt and walk away with some chrome parts ( ignition cover gone and had partly removed one of the carb covers - must have showed up when they were at it so they could not finish the job - but only noticed it when I sat on the bike). This is in a parking lot next to my building with lots of walking traffic. Got the security cam feed, but they were wearing hoodies --- BASTARDS!

Well, this Sunday I stop for gas at the end of my ride and as I am paying inside notice that someone is paying extra attention to the bike (it was parked at the pump closest to the doors). So I walk out and the idiot is trying to take off my VR flag :shock3: from the back trunk. He has it almost twisted off the mast. The next part was not nice as I was holding my helmet in my hands and told him that it was about to connect with the back of his head. He looks at me and says - sorry, my son really likes your bike and wanted the flag --- ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What was said next I cannot write and I am not proud of myself for saying it, but he was told in no uncertain terms - in front of his son - that he was a thief, low life and the worst example as a father that I had ever seen. This guy was in his 30's with a 8 to 10 year old son next to him. Guess what the next generation will be up to based on the example provided.

Sorry to hear about your tribulations. It is becoming increasingly difficult to watch society run amok and shrug their shoulders when caught doing something so egregious. People like him SHOULD be ashamed of themselves but the craziest part is, they are not ashamed and think it's a right. Amazing...

That is unreal. I don't know what the world is coming to anymore. Where does this guy get off? I mean, he would know that he can't just take a corvette out of a car lot because his kid "really like it and wants it", so he knows it is not right to steal but does it anyway.

It seems more n more people feel they are entitled to do whatever the eff they want and have very little respect for anything, laws, peoples property, etc.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this douchebag. It probably put a real damper on decent ride.

That is shocking to hear, and I'm sure even more so for you to experience it in person. I'm glad you vented. Depending on the area I park my bike I like to be able to keep an eye on it, but truly one never knows when a scrotbag like that will show up and quickly take what they want. Unbelievable that you where right there at the gas station and it didn't deter him in the least. I think he was very lucky that you gave him the verbal warning of your helmet striking him. I wouldn't have gave him that chance. I'm glad it all worked out for you without you losing any parts and hopefully driving the message home to this goof ball.

I didn't have anything expensive stolen but someone stole my Canadian flag from my pole last week and I think I know why. I had to check every store in 2 towns and only found a CHEAPLY made flag on a flashing stick.Guess they only stock the size I need around Canada day except the ones with brass rings to go on flag poles with clips Stitching may hold up going to New York rally n I hope. So when I get back I will order one of the flag site.

I think I would have pulled out my phone and took his pic and a pic of his license plate and turned it into the police. It might make more of an impression while he goes thru the process of going thu the system before he gets his wrist slapped and gets released.

I must admit that I would likely have lost it when he said he was taking it because his son wanted it.

I guess I have been pretty lucky but did have someone get Linda's light windbreaker jacket that was laying over the seat while at a Western Sizzlin restaurant in Burnsville, NC years ago.

But then again, I did have my 125 Ducati stolen from my girlfriends front yard while we were gone to church when I was about 15. I did get it back after it had been dumped off a bridge in a river. I knew who did it, but could not prove it. He later on took a close up hit in the chest from a 12 gauge while trying to beat in a front door.

Randy.

Years ago I had 175 Yamaha stolen from in front of our condo, it was found after the kid hit a pole with it and broke his girlfriends leg. I wanted money to fix the bike but had to take him to small claims court to accomplish this. I could not serve the papers to the kid because he was a minor I had to give them to his parents. When I gave them to his dad the guy had the nerve to say "my son owes you nothing, he's done his time". I asked what that was, he had gotten 10 hours community service. I looked this guy straight in the eye and said "it's parents like you that are causing this world to go to hell in a hand basket". If that was one of my kids what the system did to them would be nothing compared to what I would have done to them.

Nina & I almost always leave our helmets either sitting on the seat or hanging from the bars when we stop for a bite to eat or whatever. She occasionally says "are you sure they'll be safe like that?" ... so far they have been but just like a speeding ticket, sooner or later I'll get stung I keep thinking!

Other than that, guess I've also been lucky. Hope that never runs out and whoever does try to rip me off best be hoping I never catch them.

Nina & I almost always leave our helmets either sitting on the seat or hanging from the bars when we stop for a bite to eat or whatever. She occasionally says "are you sure they'll be safe like that?" ... so far they have been but just like a speeding ticket, sooner or later I'll get stung I keep thinking!

Other than that, guess I've also been lucky. Hope that never runs out and whoever does try to rip me off best be hoping I never catch them.

Lost one like that. That's why you will see me toteing mine around..

I trust no one. I lock my helmet and jacket to my rear passenger hand rails with a steel cable and keyed lock. You will find my bike at a hotel with a 1/2 inch cable lock thru the rear wheel and frame, a front alarmed disk lock, and a padlock on the triple tree. All under a full size motorcycle cover. With the remote Grorilla alarm on. Never had a problem ;-)

We had a family reunion over the 4th of July and my brother-in law had the truest comment. He said "isn't it a shame that Goverment has to make laws in order to legislate morality". I want the 1950's back where you didn't even have to lock your front door or car or worry about kids playing outside.

Had a couple of Canadian Flags sewn back to back and slipped over my antenna. Those things rode every where and never moved. Stopped a ad DQ next town over about 20 miles from home. Had to park the bike where I couldn't keep an eye on it. We sat outside and finished up the treats and when we returned to the bike the flag was gone. Just a matter of sliding it up the length of the antenna, but after thousands of miles and the thing doesn't move leaves me wondering, and I am betting they didn't work there way up and off that antenna without some help