• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, i'm sure no Book Keeper nor a Greenkeeper...

Maybe interested Members just use the Quote Button, and add themselves to the List ?

That's the common Way most other Forums use, which i happen to annoy with my Presence.

Hey, i'm sure no Book Keeper nor a Greenkeeper...

Maybe interested Members just use the Quote Button, and add themselves to the List ?

That's the common Way most other Forums use, which i happen to annoy with my Presence.

Hey, Since you started it I just thought you were trying to help out a bit. My bad. Sorry... Adding a name to the list by using the quote works for me......

Hey, Since you started it I just thought you were trying to help out a bit. My bad. Sorry... Adding a name to the list by using the quote works for me......

I WAS trying to help out on the Couting, but i sure wouldn't want to become designated or assigned Keeper of the List. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

:bighug::bighug:

Seems we got stuck at this Point ?

I just fired off a PM to Freebird about the possibility of spamming the 1stGen members to drum up more interest. Here's where I'm coming from. I don't make a dime on the group buys, and in one case, like last years Odyssey, I actually lost a couple of bucks. But that's not the point. The point is that I'm not loaded, and in the case of these fork braces, I can't just go out on a limb and tie up $1200 to $2000 by buying 20 or 40 braces and then turn around and make them available to members over an extended period of time trying to recoupe. If it were a business investment, where I'm making a profit, that would be another story, but it's not. Again, I don't mind doing it, but would need some sort of assurance that my investment dollars would be back in the fold as quickly as possible. Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy doing this for the members. So, tell your fellow 1stGen riders and spread the word. If we get close to the 40 we'll all save another $10 bucks!!! :)

AND.... Mark just sent me a pic of the brace in black anodized. Pic attached. Anyone want black?? I'm taking one for the '91...

If you don't get 20 takers I made one for myself a few years back. (fits perfect BTW, and looks better than stock, IMHO) I'm sure my machinist would still have the program. Price would prob? be about what you're talking.

Also, the pics you showed on the first page has round counterbores for the bolt heads. This will hold rainwater. Notice that I put a drain on the one I designed. It's the exact same as stock but 1/2 inch thicker.

Dan C.

Guest Ballgoof

If it will make the bike feel more stable i am in.

I would like to buy one of these of my 83.

Please let me know when you want me to pay for it.

Guy

OK, I'm posting this in the 1stGen Tech section due to it being, like the MAC Mufflers, for 1stGens only. I've traded a few emails and phone calls with the Ebay seller who has been auctioning fork braces, I need to know how many 1stGeners would be interested in doing a group buy. Here's the deal. For an order of 20 his price will be $60ea., and for an order of 40 he'll drop it to $50 per. The shipping will be in bulk to me no-charge, and then forwarded to those of us who have raised their hands. Of course there will be individual shipping and paypal charges on top of the quoted price. I estimate the paypal at $2 bucks and the shipping could be as low as $6.50 Priority depending on weight, if it qualifies, or $8.95 Flat Rate if it doesn't. The manufacturer is checking the individual weight for me. He's been shipping Flat Rate off Ebay, but I'm thinking it may go cheaper regular priority??

My question is... Would this be something that enough of us would be interested in to qualify for the 20 or 40 price,?? And I'd need to know with in the next couple of days. I don't want to stick my neck out and pre-order 20....that's $1200 bucks..., and it fall flat.

I noticed on the Super Brace web site that they have the same part number for all 1stGen's, so I assume this brace will fit all years too....

So....please let me know and if there is enough interest we'll start a group buy... :thumbsup2:

What does it do? Got a R, Star Venture 2006

Tree

It gets the front forks to act in unison for better performance. Hand in there Jim. I'm going to talk to them and see about making them for the 2gen...if they even need them??? Researching.....