OK, I'm posting this in the 1stGen Tech section due to it being, like the MAC Mufflers, for 1stGens only. I've traded a few emails and phone calls with the Ebay seller who has been auctioning fork braces, I need to know how many 1stGeners would be interested in doing a group buy. Here's the deal. For an order of 20 his price will be $60ea., and for an order of 40 he'll drop it to $50 per. The shipping will be in bulk to me no-charge, and then forwarded to those of us who have raised their hands. Of course there will be individual shipping and paypal charges on top of the quoted price. I estimate the paypal at $2 bucks and the shipping could be as low as $6.50 Priority depending on weight, if it qualifies, or $8.95 Flat Rate if it doesn't. The manufacturer is checking the individual weight for me. He's been shipping Flat Rate off Ebay, but I'm thinking it may go cheaper regular priority??

My question is... Would this be something that enough of us would be interested in to qualify for the 20 or 40 price,?? And I'd need to know with in the next couple of days. I don't want to stick my neck out and pre-order 20....that's $1200 bucks..., and it fall flat.

I noticed on the Super Brace web site that they have the same part number for all 1stGen's, so I assume this brace will fit all years too....

So....please let me know and if there is enough interest we'll start a group buy... :thumbsup2:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the Rule ..

Pics ??

Gosh how could I have forgotten.... Here ya go Squeeze.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/e4/c5/0c81_1.JPG

http://i13.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/e4/c5/155e_1.JPG

http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/e4/c5/b5dd_1.JPG

OK, I'm posting this in the 1stGen Tech section due to it being, like the MAC Mufflers, for 1stGens only. I've traded a few emails and phone calls with the Ebay seller who has been auctioning fork braces, I need to know how many 1stGeners would be interested in doing a group buy. Here's the deal. For an order of 20 his price will be $60ea., and for an order of 40 he'll drop it to $50 per. The shipping will be in bulk to me no-charge, and then forwarded to those of us who have raised their hands. Of course there will be individual shipping and paypal charges on top of the quoted price. I estimate the paypal at $2 bucks and the shipping could be as low as $6.50 Priority depending on weight, if it qualifies, or $8.95 Flat Rate if it doesn't. The manufacturer is checking the individual weight for me. He's been shipping Flat Rate off Ebay, but I'm thinking it may go cheaper regular priority??

So....please let me know and if there is enough interest we'll start a group buy... :thumbsup2:

I am interested, but like Squeeze had said pictures. They will help, in the decision process.

I am interested, but like Squeeze had said pictures. They will help, in the decision process.

By now you've seen the above post, but something else has come to mind, and that is shipping to our Canadian members. I'll try my best to keep the price down, but unfortunately there might be an extra charge tacked on to the total...... That goes for you too Squeeze..... :)

I might be interested, but I just took a look at my brace now. Since I just got the bike recently, I am not sure what I have is original, or some sort of replacement already. Were the originals quite thin and wiggly? Anybody have any pics of originals?

I might be interested, but I just took a look at my brace now. Since I just got the bike recently, I am not sure what I have is original, or some sort of replacement already. Were the originals quite thin and wiggly? Anybody have any pics of originals?

BJ The OEM's are sort of a domed affair with waffle bracing on the bottom. If your's is a solid block that looks like the pics I posted above then you don't need another. If it looks like the one below, you're a prime candidate.... :)

Sure

But a quick question, do these already have a clear coat on them???

I doubt it, but you can put a clear coat on anytime. MOF I'm thinking about buffing it out, and then shooting it with a clear coat...or two... Ya can't have everything. I'm going to be on the hook for two of them. One for the '83 and one for the '87. The '91 already had a brace when I bought it, and if I ever get around to rebuilding the '93 it'll get one too. The alternative is popping for one of the Super Braces at $143.95 plus shipping off their website... They may not look as nice as the new Super Braces, but I'm more interested in performance first...looks second, and at less than half the SB they're very affordable. With the economy in the dumpster I would think this brace would be a no brainer.... But, realistically if I can't get enough members interested, it was worth the try....

Jack,

Seeing I'm back into the antiques :stirthepot: I was looking at getting a superbrace for the '86 that I picked up. Not that it has anything to do with this post, but wasn't there a member that was making these, from Canada I think :confused24:

Yes my hand is raised BTW :)

I will be in for a brace. I remembered to get my camera back from Mocha so I can take pics of the one I have. Been busy on a couple other projects. I decided to fix the light bulbs in my tourpack. Boy what a can of worms! Removed lens, didn't like bulbs. Ordered l.e.d.'s and installed. Looked great-ordered more l.e.d.'s Now I am in for about 150 of the critters and a bunch of wiring. I will send you the pics tonight.

JB

Jack,

Seeing I'm back into the antiques :stirthepot: I was looking at getting a superbrace for the '86 that I picked up. Not that it has anything to do with this post, but wasn't there a member that was making these, from Canada I think :confused24:

Yes my hand is raised BTW :)

Could be Brad, but I don't recall ever having seen a post about it??? :think:

OK Jack,

I'm in too

DJ

Thanks Dan, I'm feeling a little more confident about ordering 20 of these puppies. I'm going to see how many actually express an interest the rest of today and tomorrow. With my 2 we're up to around 9...I think??