IGNORED

HOTEL....where do they FIND these people

Freebird

OK...I'm in a hotel in Dayton, OH. A Comfort Inn. I am just getting ready to call it a night and as per my usual routine, I am ready to get the coffee pot ready for tomorrow morning. I see the little basket with the coffee and etc. but there is NO coffee maker. I look around to make sure but sure enough, there is not one.

I call the front desk and tell them there is no coffee maker in the room and she says "yes, I know. Somebody stole it and another one is on order". Now I know that their weren't many cars in the parking lot so I say "so are all the rooms booked tonight" to which she replies..."oh no...we have a few vacancies". So I ask..."well....do you see a solution to this issue". She says "well yes, I suppose we could move you to another room".

So now I'm starting to get in a mood and I'm silent for a couple of moments until she says "would you like to move". So I ask her, "does it make sense to you that at almost 11:00 at night that I want to gather all of my things and move to another room". She says..."well I don't know what else to do....the coffee maker is on order".

hmmmm......"may I suggest that you perhaps go to one of those rooms and get me a coffee maker". There is silence and finally she says..."do you want to come down and get it or should I bring it up". Not wanting to cause her any further confusion, I told her that I would come get it.

Major problem resolved. I wonder if they pay her $15.00 an hour due to her superior intelligence?

I dont stay in a lot of motels,, matter of fact - last one I stayed at was some joint down in Ohio, but I always thought those little 2 cup coffee makers were part of the complimentary package like the paper, pen, soaps, toilet paper and the Gideon Book :missingtooth::mugshot:

Wake up Don,,, WAKE UP!!!!!!! You fell asleep while watching Petticoat Junction and were having a nightmare my friend!!! Good thing you dozed off with your laptop open and your hand still on the keyboard so your fingers could inform us of the nightmare Boss!!! Thankfully we woke you up before you got to the point in your dream where Uncle Joe bursts into your room with a hot cup of coffee, trips and spills it on your computer!!!

On a more serious note,, hopefully the day shift worker dont come in, walk into the room that the night clerk borrowed the coffee pot from, see it missing and turn in a slip for another missing coffee pot.. :240:

I dont stay in a lot of motels,, matter of fact - last one I stayed at was some joint down in Ohio, but I always thought those little 2 cup coffee makers were part of the complimentary package like the paper, pen, soaps, toilet paper and the Gideon Book :missingtooth::mugshot:

Wake up Don,,, WAKE UP!!!!!!! You fell asleep while watching Petticoat Junction and were having a nightmare my friend!!! Good thing you dozed off with your laptop open and your hand still on the keyboard so your fingers could inform us of the nightmare Boss!!! Thankfully we woke you up before you got to the point in your dream where Uncle Joe bursts into your room with a hot cup of coffee, trips and spills it on your computer!!!

On a more serious note,, hopefully the day shift worker dont come in, walk into the room that the night clerk borrowed the coffee pot from, see it missing and turn in a slip for another missing coffee pot.. :240:

Just what I was thinking. By the time they get done they will have a dozen pot on order!! :banana::backinmyday:

I don't think so. When I went down, she had the coffee maker and the little tray with coffee and etc. so it looked like she did get it out of another room.

@cowpuc, the days of those small 2 cup (I think they call them 4 cup) are pretty much gone. Now most of them are SINGLE cup where you sit the actual cup under it to make one cup of coffee. But that starts an entire new pet peeve.

.... Now most of them are SINGLE cup where you sit the actual cup under it to make one cup of coffee. But that starts an entire new pet peeve.

And they usually leave you one coffee and one decaf coffee packet. We always ask if there is coffee in the lobby 24 hours and pick up an extra 1/2 dozen coffee packets...and the sugar/creamer packets.

Apparently having a coffee pot in your room is a REALLY BIG deal. I'm not old enough to drink coffee, so I don't drink it (the real reason is; I can't have caffeine because I have atrial fib). But, a couple weeks ago, I had to run my 88 year old mother in law out to Amarillo to handle some business due to her being the executor of an estate of a friend. We drove 10 hours to get there, then had to meet with the family and we didn't start looking for a hotel until after 10PM. I found a Comfort Inn and Suites to stay at because I am a Choice Hotels member, and right before I told the phone attendant to book it, my mother in law told me to make sure they have a coffee pot in the room. I asked, and to my surprise, they did not put coffee pots in their rooms. Man, this caused her to throw a mild hissy fit, and start a long dissertation about how "even the lowest of hotels will put a freakin coffee pot in their rooms". She refused to stay there because she "had to have her coffee in her room". Well, the NCAA tournament was in town, so affordable hotels rooms were few and far between. It took me another 30 minutes before I could find a hotel that was fairly nice enough, and had vacancies, and had "a coffee pot in the room".

You coffee drinkers have a serious addiction. LOL.

I hate winding up with a pocket full of change. If you really want to confuse these people the next time you buy something that costs something like $ 2.50 give them $ 3.50 and watch them struggle to figure out how much change to give you.

Guest HdHtr

Here in Moore County, North Carolina Don we call them organ donors. Same brain dead type of folks but many of them could be harvested if you can get them before their lungs and livers go too bad or the CD's get out of control. Fun to be around, you never know what they will do or say next (can't understand most of them anyway) and scary to watch at play, hopeless to talk to. Here I thought we had them all down here. They must be everywhere.