IGNORED

Lets go back in time,, how old were you when you got your very 1st bike?

cowpuc

When I was 21. I bought a Suzuki 185 from a friend to learn how to ride. I sold that to my cousin so I could buy a brand new 1981 Suzuki 750. My dad at the time had an 1972 Honda 750. In the spring of 1982 we rode those 2 bikes to Tampa FL. I had a handlebar mount fairing & a luggage rack. My bags bungee corded to the rack. Dad had found some hard bags to fit his Honda & off we went

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Between 17 and 18 and it was an Yamaha XS1100. What a great first bike that was.....

I hear that ... traded the wing in 79' for a black 79' XS1100. Probably the quickest shaft drive bike I've owned (next to a 79 R100RS bmr). Ran the crap outta that 1100, just wouldn't quit and still alive to tell the tales.

That was the last Yamy owned till we picked up the ol'87 four years ago. (come to to think of it, the 87 is no slouch either) :rolleyes:

First bike I owned was a 1968 Yamaha 125cc twin street with oil injection. That was in 1968. I was 21 at the time. Rode various others before that. Wanted a Triumph Bonneville but the bank wouldn't give me that much (I seem to recall it was around $1200 at the time but the Yammie was much less). Seized the motor on that thing twice but had a lot of fun on it.

Holy crap you guys are old. Dad gave me his '83 Suzuki GS300 when I was 15. Rode it dirty for a year then got my bike license the day I turned 16. Examiner asked how I knew how to handle a street bike so well at my age....... Been riding ever since and have owned about 50 different bikes. Starting to get the itch again for dirt bikes and a lightweight street bike to throw around. RZ350 anyone?

The memory is still fresh, I only need to go back 22 years when I was 16. I purchased a mint condition, garage kept, 1980 Honda CM200T Twinstar for $500 from a female teacher in high school. My father helped me get it home with his pick up and no sooner was it out of the truck bed I was washing it. Eager to ride I rode it around to the back yard making one big circle coming up to the back porch on the slate walkway and only pulled the front brake. Front end slid out and the bike went down. My leg was pinned temporarily and I managed to slide out and quickly pick it up before my father came around the corner. That was the first time I ever dropped a bike on to this day hopefully will be the only time. Still haven't told my father yet, still waiting for the right time.

15 year old on a Allstate scooter then moved on to a 150 Honda Dream in 65. From there I had several other Honda's with each move going up in cc engine size. 250 cc, 305 , 450 cc's. Finally into the big bike class with a 68 650 BSA. After riding that bike a number of years I got a H-D Sportster 800, 68 kicker with a mag. Eventually the next bike was another Sportster, a 72 AMF model. The 68 was actually a better bike over the 72 was. So newer isn't always better. After getting rid of the 72 I didn't ride for a while then in 01 bought a new Suzuki Volusia 800. Mama decided she wanted to ride more but wanted something with a lot more comfort thus we chose a new 05 RSV and drove that bike till it got totaled in 12. Bought a 09 to replace that and drove it till last year when we switched to a Polaris Slingshot. Also picked up a 83 Venture between the two RSV's and still have that too.

Thus my ride history in a nutshell.

Larry

Okay, I was 13 and my brother was11. Pop's got us (yep just one) Honda Mini Trail 90 for Christmas. I got on and road around the block then it was my brothers turn. He road to the end of the block and ran into the back of a pickup with the tailgate down. Took dad 2 weeks to get the parts replaced.

I decided I needed my own bike so I found a 1964Trail 90 for $25.00 that looks much like the one pictured. Little brother never got on that one.

honda mini.jpg001[1].jpg

I was 2 years old, I remember my dad pulling that shiny red trike from his trunk and setting it in front of me, I had a grin from ear to ear, I loved those handlebar tassels and still do to this day. I've almost come full circle, as I can almost see the day when I get my second trike!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

well it was at the end of 1974. I drove my parents nuts till they let me buy a basket case bsa 250. I ended up hiring it put together. Then had to fix it to get it to run.lol I rode that bike way to hard. Before I got my license rode up the high way as fast as it would run. it was at about 120 when the valves hit the piston. Had to push that sucker a long ways to get it home. I think it was about 15 miles uphill. had to rebuild it myself that time. I was 15 years old. Every time I rode long distance I would get to where I was going to turn around. That sucker would die, had to reset the valves and points to get back home every time....:crying:

The memory is still fresh, I only need to go back 22 years when I was 16. I purchased a mint condition, garage kept, 1980 Honda CM200T Twinstar for $500 from a female teacher in high school. My father helped me get it home with his pick up and no sooner was it out of the truck bed I was washing it. Eager to ride I rode it around to the back yard making one big circle coming up to the back porch on the slate walkway and only pulled the front brake. Front end slid out and the bike went down. My leg was pinned temporarily and I managed to slide out and quickly pick it up before my father came around the corner. That was the first time I ever dropped a bike on to this day hopefully will be the only time. Still haven't told my father yet, still waiting for the right time.

Well, if no one saw it happen, it really never did happen, did it?

We have all probably experienced that kind of incident at one time or another.

But, we keep our secrets.

When your dad finds out, he'll probably just laugh till his side splits.