IGNORED

Home from WNY But not without incident

saddlebum

Just as I crested the top of the peace bridge my bike quit and I coasted down the other side to just short of customs. Unloaded all my gear in the parking lot, pulled the seat and tank cover, then dug everything out of my left saddle bag to get to my tools which was under a partial bottle of JD. Decisions decisions. Finally decided to choose the tool bag over the bottle.confused24.gif may not have been the wisest choice but there you go. Soon Carl came walking back (customs said it was OK.

Anyway after a few quick checks we knew it was not going to go as the battery was flat. we suspect possible charging issue. Called CAA and had it trailer d home.

While waiting for the tow truck one of the customs officers came out suggested it was too hot to sit there and would I like a hand pushing it through and into some shade. In the mean time he would expedite me through so that by the time the tow truck came I would be ready to go. What a supper nice guy.

The CAA guy came out with an actull closed in motorcycle trailer which had motorcycle recovery unit splashed right across the trailer, and he actually knew what he was doing.

Edited by saddlebum

Glad to hear you made it home just fine. Wasn't going to stand there and cook with you,,, you know,,, 2 half-cooked Dutchmen can attract all kinds of splendid things some of which would not be agreeable to the lady standing there waiting for her honorable mate to return without any more half baked ideas.

Hey ya Saddlebum, soooo glad you made it safely home:clap2:, sorry to hear about this charging issue:bawling:.. May wanna start the repair process by taking a quick check on the 3 wire stator terminal under the left side cover.. What da heck brother, even if its a stator or regulator, its all repairable eay!!!!:thumbsup:

Glad you made it home. Maybe time for a new Venture?
Can,t afford it

Hey ya Saddlebum, soooo glad you made it safely home:clap2:, sorry to hear about this charging issue:bawling:.. May wanna start the repair process by taking a quick check on the 3 wire stator terminal under the left side cover.. What da heck brother, even if its a stator or regulator, its all repairable eay!!!!:thumbsup:

Glad you made it home, even with issues. So you think its maybe a stator, or did battery just pick then to go?

Not sure what the issue is yet. I just got her home and left her sit with the Battery charger on her. I'll give her a quick look over in the morning and see whats what. faulty wiring or reg/rec hopefully. Got lots of wire and a new reg/rec from the group buy a few years ago. A stator I don't have plus its more work (which I don't need right now due to my daughters up and coming wedding).

Well, minor bump on the trip home. but your safe:sign woo hoo:. Rolling down any decline without power sucks, especially on a bridge.

Keep in touch brother :beer:

At least I got over the hump and rolled forward into Canada. It could have quit 50 yards sooner and I would be rolling backwards back into the USA. Super Glad I had CAA/AAA with MC coverage included. Sure got my moneys worth out of it this time.

Ya if you had stopped on the American side we would have had to pay import duties, and seeing as duty folks would have no idea of both the relics sitting there, (sorry Relic) what they were made of, where they were made, or what they present value would be,,,, hey!!!! you might still be there for the next rally while they argued about value, HST, immigration rights, rights of aliens, sound bites and noise levels, safety of any opposite sex, and whether there would be any available sponsors in Canada.

Yep, glad you made it over,,,, our taxes would be going up just to cover the extra cost involved.

Ya if you had stopped on the American side we would have had to pay import duties, and seeing as duty folks would have no idea of both the relics sitting there, (sorry Relic) what they were made of, where they were made, or what they present value would be,,,, hey!!!! you might still be there for the next rally while they argued about value, HST, immigration rights, rights of aliens, sound bites and noise levels, safety of any opposite sex, and whether there would be any available sponsors in Canada.

Yep, glad you made it over,,,, our taxes would be going up just to cover the extra cost involved.

You just gave me a real scary thought. By the time customs assessed the value of the two legged Relic (sorry Relic) the duty cost would be so astronomically High I'm not sure even my wife would have paid it.:mo money:

Hey Ben and I let you wire my trailer lights before you left???!!! Oh! crap!!!.....

Glad you made it save and sound.

Did you ride in the cab of that tow truck? Did that poor guy have to listen to you all the way to your place??!!:duck:

Tooch,,,,,, don't ever, never let me say that you are slow to understand,,,, you got this one dead in your sights,,,,,, just waiting to hear what the reply might be. :happy65::whistling::bowdown:

Hey Ben and I let you wire my trailer lights before you left???!!! Oh! crap!!!.....

Glad you made it save and sound.

Did you ride in the cab of that tow truck? Did that poor guy have to listen to you all the way to your place??!!:duck:

Tooch,,,,,, don't ever, never let me say that you are slow to understand,,,, you got this one dead in your sights,,,,,, just waiting to hear what the reply might be. :happy65::whistling::bowdown:
Oddly enough I was actually very quiet.......fact was this guy was so talkative that trying to get a word in edgewise was even worse than trying to out talk you two. Was almost like both of you all rolled up in one, all I could do was sit and listen:icon_lurker:

Oddly enough I was actually very quiet.......fact was this guy was so talkative that trying to get a word in edgewise was even worse than trying to out talk you two. Was almost like both of you all rolled up in one, all I could do was sit and listen:icon_lurker:

Gotta meet this guy,,, who did he tow for??? out-talk Saddlebum???? now there is a feat,, he is a rare one indeed!!!

OK I tried to sit down and use simple Physics and work out,is it possible that someone can out talk, with a ">" value then Saddlebum or not?........ Which should result in a "

Quantum Physics proves that it is not possible and the best you could hope for is possibly a draw ">

image.jpg

Sorry, Ben you can't argue with science......Oh! Wait.....this also proves you would keep talking to argue the point other wise!:whistling:

Love you Buddy! And seriously, Thanks so MUCH for doing all that work on my trailer lights!

OK I tried to sit down and use simple Physics and work out,is it possible that someone can out talk, with a ">" value then Saddlebum or not?........ Which should result in a "

Quantum Physics proves that it is not possible and the best you could hope for is possibly a draw ">

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101309[/ATTACH]

Sorry, Ben you can't argue with science......Oh! Wait.....this also proves you would keep talking to argue the point other wise!:whistling:

Love you Buddy! And seriously, Thanks so MUCH for doing all that work on my trailer lights!

Hopefully that wasn't the process you had to follow to get your trailer into Canada. How did that go Dave?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101309[/ATTACH]

Now I am no math guy but shouldnt that ">Marcarl