IGNORED

VentureRider International Rally 2016

Freebird

Just had an epiphany of sorts,, when @Freebird started this thread it was addressed specifically to the folks willing to host the IR.. We are now at page 5 of bouncing stuff around and have a link in this last page to the Polls that are open to everyone.. I wonder if, to be fair to the subject matter of voting and due to the importance of everyone being included, a new thread should be posted in the Water Hole addressing the facts that the Polls are open:think::think:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had an epiphany of sorts,, when @Freebird started this thread it was addressed specifically to the folks willing to host the IR.. We are now at page 5 of bouncing stuff around and have a link in this last page to the Polls that are open to everyone.. I wonder if, to be fair to the subject matter of voting and due to the importance of everyone being included, a new thread should be posted in the Water Hole addressing the facts that the Polls are open:think::think:

Puc where you bin? It has been up for two days.

Here is a link to Canaan Vally,WV.

http://canaanresort.com/13/home/

i checked out the 2 links and to be honest, this city boy feels WV has some great stuff to do and the scenery looks amazing. Most of us easterners have been to NC, maybe even by way of VOGEL. I have to be honest, I didn't expect WV to be on my radar,but it certainly is now. Thanks slowrollwv...

Ok so I voted for WV but now that I see the links for Maggee Valley NC and Canaan Valley WV, I am at odds with myself :confused07::think::confused24:since both look very enticing. I am thinking whichever is chosen for 2016 that the other becomes an option and gets chosen next year for 2017. Not that I have anything against my home province of Ontario being chosen. Just that it is home for me and I like to go to places I have never been. However if Ontario does end up being chosen, and though I may or may not have the time to be part of a committee, I would certainly help out were and when I can.

Edited by saddlebum

AngryJoe......I read the poll as Richmond, Indiana! I have been to Richmond many times, even had an aunt that lived in Centerville and know the area well. When the poll came up, I said to myself, "what happened to Brown County, IN?"

That could confuse more people than me, but now that the links are up, it probably may be more clear to those of us who have issues keeping things all sorted out.

I have been to the NC, WV, and IN proposed locations and will plan to go again next year regardless of where it is.

Orlin....Late August for the WI rally will be a problem for the members that attend the Western New York Mini Rally. It is usually held in middle to late August. I never miss the WNY Rally and really look forward to it every year because it is always a great time, so, the Rally in WI would not work for me.

Also, as mentioned in a previous comment, families with children may not be able to attend due to school starting in late August.

Jim

I talked with Sharon again and we went threw and here are the dates that would work if the Rally is going to be here.

June 4th to the 19, July 1st to the 10th, August 8th to the 27th Sorry about putting it close to the WNY Rally,

We put the widest range of dates so we can work around the Rallys that are allready on set dates.

Orlin

Edited by OrlinEngh

Any major hotel chains nearby? It is an issue for me at least. I use my hotel points from Choice Hotels Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, etc.

There aren't any of the "choice" hotels in Davis WV that I know of or can find (I use choice hotel points also).

The places to stay (and approximate cost) for Davis WV are:

Alpine Lodge & Sawmill Restaurant - $58.00 per night

Canaan Village Inn - $60.00 per night

Windwood Fly-in Resort - $72.00

Timberline Four Seasons Resort - $79.00 (restaurant on site)

Bright Morning Inn - $99.00 (restaurant on site)

Blackwater Falls Lodge - $121.00

Canaan Valley Resort State Park - $139 to $160 per night

I have a list of all restaurants (and bars) in the area too.......:happy34:

Doesn't matter what dates you select for a rally/event, there will always be conflicts. With that being said, holding a rally at or near the same dates as another rally will cause low attendance at both rallies. Unless they are on opposite sides of the country. The summer months are always full up in the north country because of the limited weather window. I know September is not good for those folks with school age kids and those folks with jobs in the education field, but it is the most open month that still has good weather.

I talked with Sharon again and we went threw and here are the dates that would work if the Rally is going to be here.

June 4th to the 19, July 1st to the 10th, August 8th to the 27th Sorry about putting it close to the WNY Rally,

We put the widest range of dates so we can work around the Rallys that are allready on set dates.

Orlin

I really really like that 8th to the 27th of Aug date myself Or.. Mainly cause it overlaps the Sturgis Rally and you folks are right on THE corridor!! Be a BLAST to be right out there hanging with the drifters coming/going from the big rally, also might entice more family members here to become "Pie Butt Riders" at @bj66 's 2nd Annual Pie Butt ride on their way to your place. That said, it may not be a bad idea to - before claiming those dates, double check with your area's motels to see if they are normally over run by Sturgis bikers during that time period.. For those needing motels, that time frame may create issues.

Beyond that, you folks do indeed have some AWESOME riding to be had up there, you are close to being ground zero for North America so the ride distances would be closer to equal for everyone, you have an AWESOME Campground area that is real deal "old school" bikers with tents - camping trailers" friendly with no city noises at night - can hoop an hollar and stay up as late as we want - have a BIG bonfires and cook all the hot dogs we want and you do have ample barnage for anyone skeered of the dark.. I am sure Veer - O - Qwah would have ample Motelage (its far enough off the main corridor that I highly suspect that even during the Sturgis Rally that Moteling there would be no problem) but also keep in mind that La Cross is less than 30 miles away (if I remember right) and, again if I remember right, they do indeed have LOTS of the higher end moteling there (no idea if that equates to the "points" thingy that Don and others are talking about).

For Tip and I, we have HIGH hopes of getting thru all this medical stuff and being able to have a more normal ride season next year. If it all works out, even if you dont end up holding the IR next year, we plan on getting back over to see you folks again for at least one of your outings:fingers-crossed-emo!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Orlin....Late August for the WI rally will be a problem for the members that attend the Western New York Mini Rally. It is usually held in middle to late August. I never miss the WNY Rally and really look forward to it every year because it is always a great time ------ Jim

Been silent so far as my chance of attending is not that great, as much as I would like to. However, I have been able to make the WNY rally each year and I support Jim's comment. So, my hope is that the dates for these two events will be coordinated and, with a bit of luck, I can make both events in 2016.