IGNORED

VentureRider International Rally 2016

Freebird

so if I understand this idea correctly:

we all get together and make no plans to eat together anywhere (self serve), make no plans to ride anywhere together, (find it yourself) and maybe we run into each other along the way and stay at a $110.00 a night lodge for 4-5 days.

Carl I enjoy a good bullshirt with you and look forward to seeing you and your part of the country, but if ya don't want to show us around or make any reservations at known good grub spots or show us your favorite overlooks..... whats the reason to call it any type of gathering? the best parts of a get together is sharing a meal and telling taller tales and enjoying a favorite road with a view.

I agree the prizes are just fluff and can take em or leave them. and yes I can make my own shirt.

Last of all, thank you for stepping up rather than just pitching locations. respectfully- Mike & Cherie

Hey??? did you read my last post??? I agree the one you quoted was vague, there will be plans, but we plan to leave lots of time for getting together and most things will be optional and not an endurance affair.

Got more input,,, input away,,,, we need to hear so that we can accommodate. We will try to please the 'customer' as best as possible.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so if I understand this idea correctly:

we all get together and make no plans to eat together anywhere (self serve), make no plans to ride anywhere together, (find it yourself) and maybe we run into each other along the way and stay at a $110.00 a night lodge for 4-5 days.

Carl I enjoy a good bullshirt with you and look forward to seeing you and your part of the country, but if ya don't want to show us around or make any reservations at known good grub spots or show us your favorite overlooks..... whats the reason to call it any type of gathering? the best parts of a get together is sharing a meal and telling taller tales and enjoying a favorite road with a view.

I agree the prizes are just fluff and can take em or leave them. and yes I can make my own shirt.

Last of all, thank you for stepping up rather than just pitching locations. respectfully- Mike & Cherie

Further expansion on having the International in Ontario :

- for a lot of members, it would be a two or three day ride to the International. Some won't want to go on a 3 hr group ride as soon as they arrive but do things at their own pace or just hang out at the cabins/camp and wind down

- for those that want to go out on their own or small groups, providing a list of attractions and info on how to get there allows people to see what they want to see. For example, if held in the Niagara region, some people will have seen Niagara Falls before and won't want to go on a group ride to see it again. As an alternate, they may want to go to an outlet mall and shop, or go to Niagara on the Lake, Fort Erie, ride along the shores of Lake Erie....some might even want to venture into Toronto. This leaves flexibility

- we've talked about doing multiple group rides in different directions. For example, rather than having one day where we go to Niagara Falls, somewhere else the next day...there would be a ride captain/tail gunner that would repeat the rides each day. Makes for smaller group rides and flexibility on what people want to do/see

- accommodations - we already have a list of locations that have cabins and camping at the same venue. We'll make sure that there are enough cabins available before finalizing which site. This way, everyone can be staying at the same place and no one misses any activities. Once Ontario is choosen as the 2016 International, we'll visit the sites and choose the best location

- meals - location will determine what is available. Attendees will be provided with info when they arrive and group dinners can be arranged for each day. Since people come and go daily, people would pay for their own meals so that they don't pay for a meal they won't be eating. Possible we could do a breakfast each day or bbq at the site, or a set time at a local restaurant each day. Since some people will want to do things on their own, restaurant locations nearby will be provided as well

- evening entertainment - if there is a large group, rather than having one camp fire, there could be multiple fires so that 100 people aren't crowded around one flame. Easier to mingle this way

- final night meal - this would be prearranged and scheduled so that everyone can attend.

- t-shirts - still to be determined on which of two options we choose

- "prizes" - people don't come for the prizes. People come to meet members and have a vacation. We are looking into providing local souvenirs as mementos of the event

- we've talked about the possibility of having a local dealer (that carries multiple brands) provide bikes for test rides but this will depend on location and willingness of the local dealers. If Yamaha announces a 2016 Venture, we'll see if we can have them bring the bike to the event

- depending on location and schedules, if the OPP "Golden Helmets" are performing in the area (motorcycle skills competition/rodeo) we'll work that into the plan

What we are working on is flexibility. Central location to gather with camping and cabins at a reasonable price. Group rides for those that want to go on a group ride, gps routes for those that want to ride highlighted roads on their own, list of local attractions so people can pick and choose what they want to see and do. Cost is ala carte so people pay for their own accommodation/meals of their choosing. People would pre-order and pay for rally shirts (only so we know how many). Organized, but flexible.

Looking for some place that has enough rooms, a place for campers, a place to eat, place for campfires, and nice country. Focus is Niagara region,

Carl, consider Jordan, Ontario. Beautiful wine country. Just 6 miles west of St. Catharines. Three campgrounds within 2 miles.

Hotels might be more of a problem, though. Jordan has a couple of "inns" and a B&B, but St. Catharines has more hotels.

Been a long time since I was there (1985). We camped at Big Valley CG and enjoyed my first Buffalo Wings ever at the Jordan House. Great time.

most folks come to an event such as this to be "shown the sights" and to enjoy them as a group and interact with said group while enjoying the sights. and play follow the LEADER so they can enjoy the sights rather than play the findit yerdamnself program.

same goes for eating as a group, I agree that the "pay your own way and pick your own food is less of a pita for the host, but at least find a location that has a buffet or a quick service that can accommodate a large group each day, and if the want to go to mcdonalds, let them!

without the group interaction as a choice, we might as well just share a phone call and sit in our garage and talk about your location and mine . $.02

a willing host is a great start, but it cant be done alone, and if the host gets 6 people to say that they will help......only 2 at best will do anything for the most part. and if the host is not willing to take the burden of doing most of the work and not just be management.... then they have no place in being a host . just my $02 again....am I at a dollar yet??

Further expansion on having the International in Ontario :

- for a lot of members, it would be a two or three day ride to the International. Some won't want to go on a 3 hr group ride as soon as they arrive but do things at their own pace or just hang out at the cabins/camp and wind down

- for those that want to go out on their own or small groups, providing a list of attractions and info on how to get there allows people to see what they want to see. For example, if held in the Niagara region, some people will have seen Niagara Falls before and won't want to go on a group ride to see it again. As an alternate, they may want to go to an outlet mall and shop, or go to Niagara on the Lake, Fort Erie, ride along the shores of Lake Erie....some might even want to venture into Toronto. This leaves flexibility

- we've talked about doing multiple group rides in different directions. For example, rather than having one day where we go to Niagara Falls, somewhere else the next day...there would be a ride captain/tail gunner that would repeat the rides each day. Makes for smaller group rides and flexibility on what people want to do/see

- accommodations - we already have a list of locations that have cabins and camping at the same venue. We'll make sure that there are enough cabins available before finalizing which site. This way, everyone can be staying at the same place and no one misses any activities. Once Ontario is choosen as the 2016 International, we'll visit the sites and choose the best location

- meals - location will determine what is available. Attendees will be provided with info when they arrive and group dinners can be arranged for each day. Since people come and go daily, people would pay for their own meals so that they don't pay for a meal they won't be eating. Possible we could do a breakfast each day or bbq at the site, or a set time at a local restaurant each day. Since some people will want to do things on their own, restaurant locations nearby will be provided as well

- evening entertainment - if there is a large group, rather than having one camp fire, there could be multiple fires so that 100 people aren't crowded around one flame. Easier to mingle this way

- final night meal - this would be prearranged and scheduled so that everyone can attend.

- t-shirts - still to be determined on which of two options we choose

- "prizes" - people don't come for the prizes. People come to meet members and have a vacation. We are looking into providing local souvenirs as mementos of the event

- we've talked about the possibility of having a local dealer (that carries multiple brands) provide bikes for test rides but this will depend on location and willingness of the local dealers. If Yamaha announces a 2016 Venture, we'll see if we can have them bring the bike to the event

- depending on location and schedules, if the OPP "Golden Helmets" are performing in the area (motorcycle skills competition/rodeo) we'll work that into the plan

What we are working on is flexibility. Central location to gather with camping and cabins at a reasonable price. Group rides for those that want to go on a group ride, gps routes for those that want to ride highlighted roads on their own, list of local attractions so people can pick and choose what they want to see and do. Cost is ala carte so people pay for their own accommodation/meals of their choosing. People would pre-order and pay for rally shirts (only so we know how many). Organized, but flexible.

Couldn't have said it any better myself,,, well, actually I guess I tried,,, I stand corrected,,,, well maybe not corrected, maybe just appended.... told you that you should have done this,,,, you speech so well.

a willing host is a great start, but it cant be done alone, and if the host gets 6 people to say that they will help......only 2 at best will do anything for the most part. and if the host is not willing to take the burden of doing most of the work and not just be management.... then they have no place in being a host . just my $02 again....am I at a dollar yet??

Thanks Mike, appreciate your input.

Sounds like it might be time for a poll for the location with several suggestions made with people willing to work it...

You hit a nerve there Bongo - I LOVE VOTING!!:usa:.. Spring boarding off that, I wonder if :witch_brew: a little by having a Poll with a variety of hair brained idea's might just shake the tree of interest to attend - might be interesting. What da heck bro:lightbulb:,, we could have a couple of Polls just for the heck of it.. Maybe you should produce one along the line of what you were intending and I will try and stimulate input and produce a "lets test the waters of over all interest" Poll.. Lets see if I can come up with some off the wall, random thoughts that might be fitting for a :stirthepot:ing Poll session just for kicks.. Anyone interested in tossing something in this list, feel free to jump in here!!:banana::beer:

Suggestion Rules: there are none

- I would enjoy an IR held between the Canadian Border and the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota (during the Sturgis Rally) so I could experience seeing motorcycles everywhere.

- I prefer to have the the IR held in a remote area with as few other cars/bikes/people (other than our Rally attenders) being in the area.

- I enjoy having a well planned IR with guided riding routes, catered or eating establishments planned, prize drawings, Hotel accomendations offered and seeing names on a required sign up sheet so I can see who is planning/committed to being there..

- I would enjoy a much more loosely planned IR with no actual sign up sheet needed, more of a traditional family reunion/gather at a park just to meet whoever happen to show up.

- It would be fun to accumulate funding for a randomly selected off shore members passage to attend the IR, a chance to actually meet a member from a far away land would be awesome.

- Times are hard and just accumulating funding for our own family vacations can be difficult.

:witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew:

Carl and Don,

so far it would appear that you two have put more thought into this than anyone has expressed so far.

guess I better think about getting a passport in order... thank you

Mike there is no point in expressing a WV rally more than Gary and I have already said. If you remember WV was shot down in the beginning last year. If we are picked for the rally then the work will begin. I have the location with all the motel, camping and cabins that will accommodate four to six couples. As far as sites to see there is plenty to see.

Mike there is no point in expressing a WV rally more than Gary and I have already said. If you remember WV was shot down in the beginning last year. If we are picked for the rally then the work will begin. I have the location with all the motel, camping and cabins that will accommodate four to six couples. As far as sites to see there is plenty to see.

I'm thinking WV would be an great place to go, and have somebody else set it up would be even greater and then if I attend it would be the greatest. Don't get the idea that we have all our ducks in a row up here,,, hey, we got together for ice-cream last night, and when the IC was gone a Wing rode up so the conversation changed. We have some ideas, that's all, nothing put down in stone yet.

did not mean to imply that my vote was made up, or even that it counts. I would love to visit any of the locations that have been posted and do love the southern hospitality! them dang kanooks talk funny anyway!! I was not shooting anyone down at all.

let the votes decide, but certainly should be voted by folks that have at least a notion of attending .

peace. mike

So far based on what has been tossed in the ring, WV would be my 1st choice with Maggie valley NC a very close second choice. And yes I would attend either one (Inc Viroqua WI) making it my 5th Rally attended. We will just have to wait and see if @Marcarl will actually attend .....Right @eusa1:stirthepot: :witch_brew:

Edited by saddlebum

I did throw may hat into the ring and have talked with Sharon on this. And dates will be a important factor for us.

We allready have our get togethers here at our place.

There is Memorial weekend, Maintenance Day weekend and that is our 5th one and that is the last weekend in June and then we have our Venison Roast and this will be our 19th year for that and that is the first weeknend in August and then we have our Labor Day gathering.

So what I want to know is the date going to be up to the host, we would be looking at early June after July4 and after the first weekend in August.

Now for what I can offer is a meeting place here at our place we have camping room and I have a building big enough to hold as many that would come that we can use to get together in.

There are motels 6 miles away with good roads there and are easy to get in and out of on motorcycles.

I would set up some good rides have a place for everyone to meet have some good food and have a good old fashion get together.

Orlin

I did throw may hat into the ring and have talked with Sharon on this. And dates will be a important factor for us.

We allready have our get togethers here at our place.

There is Memorial weekend, Maintenance Day weekend and that is our 5th one and that is the last weekend in June and then we have our Venison Roast and this will be our 19th year for that and that is the first weeknend in August and then we have our Labor Day gathering.

So what I want to know is the date going to be up to the host, we would be looking at early June after July4 and after the first weekend in August.

Now for what I can offer is a meeting place here at our place we have camping room and I have a building big enough to hold as many that would come that we can use to get together in.

There are motels 6 miles away with good roads there and are easy to get in and out of on motorcycles.

I would set up some good rides have a place for everyone to meet have some good food and have a good old fashion get together.

Orlin

Now this is more like it....... Throw in a pig roast and it would be just like our Pork in the Pines event. Sweet and simple.

I guess if the International doesn't come to West Virginia,

I'll try to get another Skid-In next year together.

Now that there is a really good reason to NOT vote for West Virginny,, :witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew:

Just make sure you dont choose the same dates Skidderrrrrrrrr:doh: