IGNORED

Why me

billmac

Hmmmm,, maybe its because you spell "Charles" (as in CharlesMac) "Bill" (as in Billmac) so you very well may be trying to search for "harley taillights" by typing in "Charles is looking for Hardley lights that Bill wants to put on the back of his Yamaha"... :scratchchin::stickpoke::witch_brew::confused24::ignore::beer:

Sorry Bill, will have to buy ya a hotdog at my next "Greet - Meet and eat Meat" to try redeem myself from my spider web woven with sarcasm :hihi:

nope. the Harley lights are right but the Yamaha bracket is thin and broke from the weight of the HD lights. the thread I was looking for he said he made a bracket from flat steal and it will never break. :( that's not the one

This is gonna be interesting. I have a couple of those Harley Tail Light assemblies that are dedicated to the 'someday' pile. Never gave it a thought that they might be too heavy.... I'd be interested in hearing about a brace or??

If I remember right, he simply used two L shape brackets and used them to attach the top of the HD light unit to the bottom of the trunk. Looked for the post but cannot find it:confused24:. I used zip ties and attached them to the bottom of the trunk so that they do not vibrate and are supported from the top and bottom. You cannot see the zip ties at all.

Found it. by Sleepy2 on 7-5-16 License plate mount needed in the watering hole

Well I found one on e-bay for $5+$30 shipping so I tried to and did make my own out of 1"wide by 1/8"thick flat steel. It was fun making the different angles that it has to have but it works well. Figured with the thicker metal and no slots just 2 holes for plate should last almost forever!

Found it. by Sleepy2 on 7-5-16 License plate mount needed in the watering hole

Well I found one on e-bay for $5+$30 shipping so I tried to and did make my own out of 1"wide by 1/8"thick flat steel. It was fun making the different angles that it has to have but it works well. Figured with the thicker metal and no slots just 2 holes for plate should last almost forever!

Glad you found it.

Now I can see why it was so hard to find, the post will not be made for another year yet.:stickpoke::stirthepot:

Hey, What search tool are you using that can tell what will be posted next year anyhow..........:confused24::stirthepot:

Yes it was my post and it was this year so he probably had type o. First tried to fix old bracket but too flimsy. Like I said I found one on e-bay but too pricey. Also dealer might take too long. So I tried and after an hour or so I finally bent one out of the flat steel as quoted. As I said after starting to bend it they weird bends in the original were hard to duplicate exactly but it is very close but with a couple stress cracks that look OK and don't look like they will be a problem.If they are they can be welded with no problem.If wanted I could try and post some pics. If you are going to International I could show you in person.

Forgot to mention that it isn't as good looking as original but where it is and mounted it is perfectly fine and solid and everything fits where it is supposed to be. If not it can have a brace mounted to be firmer not like original.

Edited by sleepy2
forgot part

Puc you having a meet and greet on 7-28 or 7-29 in Muskegon ? :essen_018::essen_024::fnd_(16):

Yep,, thinking really positive thoughts about July 28th here in my town Bill - thanks for asking.. It would be all beef hot dogs on the grill again, pops and chips also provided.. Can't confirm it yet as my daughter is here from Cali to help me deal with this medical stuff and I am not sure where that is all gonna lead - should know more soon and will certainly make it known to all - YOU AND YOUR WIFE INCLUDED - in a bit!!! :essen_018::essen_024::fatsmiley:

good thing no one else fat fingers the key board. :guitarist 2::fiddle::cool10::rasberry:

Never thought about that from that perspective,, I always thought my keyboard's keys were shrinking brother.. Thanks for the enlightenment Bill,,,,,, I think:think:

Yep,, thinking really positive thoughts about July 28th here in my town Bill - thanks for asking.. It would be all beef hot dogs on the grill again, pops and chips also provided.. Can't confirm it yet as my daughter is here from Cali to help me deal with this medical stuff and I am not sure where that is all gonna lead - should know more soon and will certainly make it known to all -

Will be watching for an update on this....would definitely like to take the opportunity to meet you and others who might attend. :cool:

That date will be Tuesday July 28, 3576 Heights Ravenna Rd. Muskegon, Mi. :essen_018: :essen_024: :fnd_(16):

Yep, spoke to my staff today, its on... I have a Dentist appointment at 2 pm (only date available pre-Sturgis so I had to take it) so the staff and I are planning a little earlier, it will start at 11 am, figured we would cram hot dogs, chips and pops until noonish, grab some fine CTFWing in the area till 1:30ish and I will have to head to the dude with the diamond bit drills. Gonna post a new thread on this but thought I would post it up here first cause I just KNOW how much you folks, and Drews, LOVED those Puc Dogs!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Planning for +50 again Bill so you KNOW there will be endless food again!! :fatsmiley: