IGNORED

what the why

rbig1

well been in pain since trip to maint day. I broke down and went to er last night couldn't take it any more. They thought it was heart at first. Well gal bladder is acting up and infected go in Monday to see if I have to loose it. So may be down for a week or so.

Had mine out years ago.

If they do it Laparoscopic, no worries. In and out no troubles.

If they have to convert to conventional, it sucks. No thte surgery, but the recovery. They had to convert in the middle on me and I woke up expecting a couple small cuts around the belly button and ended up what damned near felt like cut in half. took months to recover and then months of physio.

Best wishes that it goes well for you.

The wife had hers removed over 10 years ago, had 2 large stones but was able to get it done with laparoscopes.

Like G.W said, if done that way you will feel better within a few days but, be prepared for the future having to find restrooms quickly since one of the side effects of Gallbladder removal can be...TMI.

Good Luck and Recover Quickly.

Here's hoping you can pop a few antibiotics and be fine in a couple of days.

There are enough of us old coots falling apart around here, we don't need your help in that department. Get yourself back to the healthy side. NOW!!

There are enough of us old coots falling apart around here, we don't need your help in that department. Get yourself back to the healthy side. NOW!!

Now hold on here a minute ya wild eyed loped eared wisconsin trouble maker,, I take offense to that post!! There are no where near enough of us old coots around this place!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Just to keep you a bit more informed Rod, the external sound waves to break stones up is NOT always successful. I had it done on my left kidney when I had my stones and it DIDN'T break the stone up. They had to do another surgery to go in and physically remove it. Just wanted to keep you in the loop, if I had known it wasn't going to be successful, I would have had them go in and remove it the 1st time ....0.02

You can also live just fine without a gall bladder. I do.

The gall bladder produces and stores bile. So does your liver.

If you loos the gall bladder, you still have bile production, just not as much.

Some get sensative stomaches as a result, some don't. Fats and things like skins sometimes cause gastric distress.

I'm lucky in that it made absolutely no difference in my diet. Everything I could eat before i can now. This is not the case for everyone though. I have a cast iron stomach.

Gall bladder is also not to be dismissed as "not serious". I was about an hour of two from death when mine went. It wasn't the gall bladder itself but when it passed a stone it inflammed the entire areas right down to the duodenum. This closed of fmy pancreas and my liver so they couldn't dump their toxins and I was going septic.

Doc figured if I had been and hour or two later I would have been in complete septic shock and might not have recovered. I could hardly breath when I got there (everything pushing up on diaphragm) and was in unbelievable pain.

Funny thing was; he asked me how I got to the hospital. I told him I was laying subfloor in the house and just couldn't take it anymore and I drove myself. He was in shock that I could even move let alone drive and didn't believe me. I handed him my keys, told him which car was mine in the parking lot and he came back saying I must be one tough SOB.....then he shot me with morphine and I don't remember anything else until the next morning!

:)

here's what I ended up with after the surgery.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IF YOU DON"T LIKE GRAPHIC IMAGES OR CAN'T HANDLE WHAT MAY HAPPEN TO YOU! IT IS THE NON LAPROSCOPIC PROCEDURE AFTER EFFECTS! THEY PUT ME BACK TOGETHER WITH STAPLES!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/gr8twhite/lockeddownalbum/Picture-006.jpg

Edited by Great White

Now hold on here a minute ya wild eyed loped eared wisconsin trouble maker,, I take offense to that post!! There are no where near enough of us old coots around this place!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Ifin ya look closer I specifically said we dont need any more old coots that are falling apart. Aint nuttin wrong with havin more old coots around, we just need some that aint fallin apart. I'm just trying to get ol Rbig1 back to the side of those what aint fallin apart.

And you accuse me of bein a trouble maker? Ol Frostys got yer number.......

You can also live just fine without a gall bladder. I do.

The gall bladder produces and stores bile. So does your liver.

If you loos the gall bladder, you still have bile production, just not as much.

Some get sensative stomaches as a result, some don't. Fats and things like skins sometimes cause gastric distress.

I'm lucky in that it made absolutely no difference in my diet. Everything I could eat before i can now. This is not the case for everyone though. I have a cast iron stomach.

Gall bladder is also not to be dismissed as "not serious". I was about an hour of two from death when mine went. It wasn't the gall bladder itself but when it passed a stone it inflammed the entire areas right down to the duodenum. This closed of fmy pancreas and my liver so they couldn't dump their toxins and I was going septic.

Doc figured if I had been and hour or two later I would have been in complete septic shock and might not have recovered. I could hardly breath when I got there (everything pushing up on diaphragm) and was in unbelievable pain.

Funny thing was; he asked me how I got to the hospital. I told him I was laying subfloor in the house and just couldn't take it anymore and I drove myself. He was in shock that I could even move let alone drive and didn't believe me. I handed him my keys, told him which car was mine in the parking lot and he came back saying I must be one tough SOB.....then he shot me with morphine and I don't remember anything else until the next morning!

:)

here's what I ended up with after the surgery.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IF YOU DON"T LIKE GRAPHIC IMAGES OR CAN'T HANDLE WHAT MAY HAPPEN TO YOU! IT IS THE NON LAPROSCOPIC PROCEDURE AFTER EFFECTS! THEY PUT ME BACK TOGETHER WITH STAPLES!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/gr8twhite/lockeddownalbum/Picture-006.jpg

I had a similar experience with my gallbladder 10 years ago. Well it took 4 years to diagnose me with gallstones and a gangerous gall bladder. But the saga that led to me having surgery started in May 2005 when I suddenly got very sick and a friend rushed me to the doc. I was in liver failure and presented with hepatitis like symptoms. Doc couldn't figure out what was causing it and kept sending me for more tests but everything was inconclusive. In July 2005, I had what I learned was another gallstone attack that sent me to the ER again. The ER doc assigned to me realized I was having a gallstone attack and set me up with an ultrasound to check for gallstones. I was full of them. The surgeon said it was like sand and rocks in my gall bladder, he also mentioned that unknown to anyone I had gangrene in my gall bladder since at least May. I was a very sick person who almost died due to a younger, inexperienced doctor that relied more on labs than experience. She's a great person, but for my needs, a poor doctor.

Unlike Great White I had the laperscopic surgery, so I was my old self in a couple of months.

To ease your symptoms with your gallbladder for now, you need to pay attention to what you eat. No more than 16grams of fat a DAY. Bake or grill your food but no frying or sauteing (no oil in the pan to prevent food from sticking) stick to small portions of food up to 5 times a day. When I say small, I mean small. Meat should be 2-3inches by 3-4inches, veggies, same thing.. Ask for pain meds, it hurts! You have to let the gall bladder rest to get a break from the pain.

Hope this helps, and very sorry you are sick.

Tricia