IGNORED

I Guess I am Going to Be a H.O.G.!

Yama Mama

Ron had a surprise for me this weekend. We went to a Harley open house. We ran into some old friends there, who have been Harley owners for years. We wound up looking around at all the new Harleys and went on a test drive. We had so much fun, I guess we got caught up in the moment.

The dealer took us in the back of the shop and showed us an 07' Ultraclassic, that had just been repossessed , it was beautiful. It was the two tone red color that we have always loved. White walls, extra chrome and a deluxe CD player. I do not know what happened after that. My mind is a bit foggy.

All I know, is we signed up to buy this bike and they took our RSV in trade.

I know this is a shock to some members here, and including me too, but I guess you really do not always know someone, even if you have been married for 35 years.

It turns Ron has always really wanted a Harley and he decided it is now or never.

I will still be on here from time to time just to keep up with what is going on with everyone. I have made what I would consider some good friends here just from being on chat almost every night.

I cannot say I am not sorry to give up our RSV, because I really did love it, if it is okay to love a motorcycle.

I wanted to come to the Maintenance Day this year, to get to finally meet some of you in person. I still want to come, but I guess it will depend upon Ron.

These are the sacrifices I guess a woman has to make to keep her husband happy.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now You know know nobody here really cares what you ride or really if you ride depending on circumstances, "stop by once in a while"???? whats up with that you and Ron are like VR.org forefathers or something cant really speak for everyone but as far as I know you guys are more than welcome at any meet or group function lots of people here myself included own harleys i just have sporty and road bike is first gen but if the right deal came along fell into my lap or whatever an 07 Ultra??? yeah I would have one.

Guest tx2sturgis

As one who has purchased 3 new Harleys over the years, I can tell you, its a great feeling.

I compare it to having a child.

First, if you wait till you are, quote, 'ready', it may never happen. You go into the dealership (hospital) full of anticipation, and after paying a HUGE sum of money, you leave with a shiny new bike (baby?)

Second, Its going to be expensive...now, and in the future. Let the spending begin!

Third, Everyone is happy for you....family, friends, neighbors...well maybe not neighbors...hah! same with kids!

Fourth, it begins to rule your life. You may even change your wardrobe to suit it.

Fourth (part2) You will make changes to it, shape it, influence it, but it will do the same to you. You will be proud of it, now and later.

Fifth, It gives you lots of things to do on weekends. It will dominate your plans for vacation. And it will NOT be left behind!

And number Six, One day, it will leave you, and you will miss it, and hope you see it again someday. You hope that its future partner will enjoy it as much as you did.

Peggy, that is great news (I guess) about getting something that you had wanted for a while - congratulations. BUT!!!!!!!!! Only coming on here once in a while????????? There are lot of members on this best m/c site on internet land that have Harley's - SO, as a "forever" member here, we will still be looking for your wit and wisdom everyday.:thumbsup:

Peggy,

As has been said by others, I am truly happy that you and Ron have added your dream bike. It's always great when our friends dreams come true. You leaving this site would turn the dream into a nightmare for the rest of us though. I've said it many times, the bikes bring us here but the friendships keep us here. Don't you even TRY running off. :)

Peg,

Good for you and Ron, if it fits you both well and you feel you got a good deal thats all that matters. I said it to Buddy a few days ago, if you try to leave we will hunt you down and drag you back kicking and screaming. You most certainly better make it to maintenance day, it's not all about working on bikes.

Dont you go anywhere woman! I say that in the nicest way though :)

I think your in luck Yama Mama as i been reading all the fine print and i see nothin stating you default to a limited acount user in Venture rider . ORG thus making you and Ron Life members LOL

CONGRATS!!! on the new bike :thumbsup2:

although there is a rule you have broken that could become a problem:stirthepot::no-no-no::stirthepot: and just where are them new pic's:stirthepot::whistling::stirthepot:

Dray

Hey Peggy now you're really have to wear lots of leather. Though I do know that won't be a problem for you. And yes you do have to make it to maintenance day. The guys will have to get a good look at your new bike.

Oh I don't think she'll have to change her name on here. Hoga mama or mama hog just don't sound right.

Margaret

Hey Peggy & Ron, good luck with your choice. We have good friends that have gone to Harley and love the same bike and color your buying. I am not in charge of this site but, like dray said: you are now a lifetime member once you join. Just remember, if you see any Harley owners starting to throw rice under our RSV's, just remind them they may want to save it for oil leaks on there own. :rotf::rotf::rotf: But seriously, we wish you all the best, and please visit. Later-

I want to thank everyone for all the support. You are the best.

Mini of course, I will wear leather. I do not have any photos as yet, the bike is being serviced at the dealer, and they are putting my whitewalls on too.

I will always love the RSV and the Ventures, you know they are my true love. Like I said I have to keep him happy!

I do have the urge to get a tattoo now!

The bike is similar to this one in the photo.

I will keep you all informed.

Peggy

Thank you Mini, I was thinking something very feminine and yet something that makes a statement about my love of motorcycling.

I do not want it to be large, because honestly I am scared it will really hurt.

Perhaps something related to nursing, and yet more so toward riding. I do like fried chicken, maybe a nice crispy chicken leg with wings.

This is going to be so hard to decide.

Peggy

Guest Ken8143

Good for you! Don't you just love it when you can do something impulsive like that. I know you will love your new ride. Like we've heard many times on this forum, it is not the bike your ride, it is that you ride the bike.