IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day Meal

Freebird

Just got of the phone with Eileen. She called the caterer to order food for Saturday at Maintenance Day. We were shocked that the prices had gone up 40% from two years ago but still the best deal around. As always a "Donation" can will be out for those who wish to help with the costs. To give you an idea, the cost per person for just the food is $8.22 per person. That does not include water, soft drinks, buns and etc. that we buy elsewhere.

Again, if you are going through hard times and simply can't afford to donate, we completely understand and you are still more than welcome to enjoy the lunch. If you can help, it is much appreciated.

Thanks

Put the donation can out so it is visible. Free camping and a catered lunch.

Every time I go grocery shopping I say i cant believe how much stuff gone up

I dont mind kicking in a few dollars to help cove our part . Don its always a fun weekend with some great people.

See ya Thursday

Guess I'll have to bring some yankee money with then,,,,

But Don wouldn't say how much this costs all together, but I will,,,,(I love getting my nose into things),,,, figure the cost would work out to about $20 each person,,, and that's no lie, maybe even a bit on the cheap side.

Now let's not get into a discussion about this and screw up the thread, just take it for info and leave it alone,,, thanks, Carl

Tip and I are doing a wedding on the 13th of June (THANK GOD THIS PREDNIZONE IS WORKING) and were also SHOCKED at how prices have soared!! Don, PLEASE tell Eileen that Tip said we are on the same page with you folks - it is unreal!! Personally, I am amazed at what you are pulling together at your home and proud to know such high caliber, willing/wanting to share people - I APPLAUD YOU FOLKS!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks for sharing the info in your usual very well put informative way Don, just right so that those who cant afford the xtra expense will still feel totally welcome and wanted. Personally, I think the integrity of your intent should be maintained by keeping the "can" a little discreet so those who cannot contribute suffer no feelings of intimadation AND know thats the way it is upfront - I am a greedy little troublemaker when it comes to wanting as many of our family there as possible (got to take advantage of meeting as many new faces at one location as possible).

As far as those who will be contributing. I know there are a number of us who buy/sell and do the Paypal thing. I wonder if it might not be prudent to open your Paypal account up for early dinner donations for those who would find donating to the cause in that manner more convenient..

Personally,, Tip and I still do a fair amount of "dating" and I gotta tell ya, a good dinner date nowadays is easily 25 bucks (what da heck, even a BK Burger/Fries and Coke is only a buck short of your cost per serve).. Toss in the OUTSTANDING sense of family and FUN that I got a sneaking hunch is about to take place (priceless) and I think a GREAT dating experience is in the works!!

Guess I'll have to bring some yankee money with then,,,,

But Don wouldn't say how much this costs all together, but I will,,,,(I love getting my nose into things),,,, figure the cost would work out to about $20 each person,,, and that's no lie, maybe even a bit on the cheap side.

Now let's not get into a discussion about this and screw up the thread, just take it for info and leave it alone,,, thanks, Carl

Dont forget to add in Security Force costs, even though Raggie and I are donating our time and ammo, their should be something added to your formula that would cover an event such as Swat Team enforcement and Fire/Rescue.. :hurts:

$8.22 ... hmmmm since we don't have pennies anymore, it get's rounded down to $8.20 so that's all you get from me..... :stickpoke: :rotf:

So for you then that would be $10.25, plus the added extra expense of having to put up with you. You can send it to me and I will make sure that there is enough, and then I will deliver it personally to FreeBird,, less the security fee, and the delivery, and the border fee,,,,, on second thought, just send me $30 and that will most likely cover it.

Don, put a donation can outside the Porta Pottie AND inside the Porta Pottie.

"Please deposit $1 to get in."

"Please deposit $1 to get out."

And don't forget the cost of restocking the pond. All those yahoos who refuse to pay a buck for the Porta Potty are gonna kill your fish and maybe even the Pond Monster (although, THAT might not be a bad thing).

Don, put a donation can outside the Porta Pottie AND inside the Porta Pottie.

"Please deposit $1 to get in."

"Please deposit $1 to get out."

And don't forget the cost of restocking the pond. All those yahoos who refuse to pay a buck for the Porta Potty are gonna kill your fish and maybe even the Pond Monster (although, THAT might not be a bad thing).

POND MONSTER :scared:

@ragtop69gs, about our security supplies - I completely missed this thing about the POND MONSTER :scared:,, please grab some aught 6 XTP Hollow Points too (a box of 20 should work out :missingtooth: ) just in case that great big ugly mud sucker should decide to play that "I see a bad moon arising" thing and scare some of the ladies:big-grin-emoticon:

Gotta protect our women folk ya know!!:thumbsup:

actually I am kind of surprised that the boss man aint already got that situation under control by now, its all good though - we can just get the critter while late night mole hunting.. Wonder if shining Pond Monsters is legal in Ohio...

plus the added extra expense of having to put up with you. just send me $30 and that will most likely cover it.

Thirty bucks is CHEAP just to put up with me! :Laugh:

One of these days in the not too distant future I/we will be there and then you'll see ... :Bunny2:

Hey Don, anyone who has ever thrown a picnic knows how expensive it can be. Most times everyone brings something to add to the table, but since we all generally ride to your place and have very little extra room to carry a covered dish I like the idea of a donation can to help with the costs. I like the idea of PayPal too if thats something that works for you. Looking forward to seeing you and Eileen and everyone else!

Craig

Thanks, Kev. I donated enough to cover a meal or two for someone. My pleasure, guys and gals!

Ride safe and have a great time!

david

Way cool!!!!

David, THAT was very kind of you - THANK YOU!! I am sure your thoughtfulness will be an encouragement to folks who may not have the cash to spare right now!!

Dont forget to add in Security Force costs, even though Raggie and I are donating our time and ammo, their should be something added to your formula that would cover an event such as Swat Team enforcement and Fire/Rescue.. :hurts:

Donated ammo, free shooting :cool10::guitarist 2::happy65::banana::banana: what kind of ammo you bring so I bring the right pistol.

Speaking of ammo;

Anyone out there want some Winchester-Western 7mm Remington Magnum fired brass? I've got 20 each. I'll give them to whomever wants them at MD. But speak up, because I won't bring them to MD if no takers.

I also have one 30-06 fired brass with headstamp FA 38 NM. "National Match"

Edited by Prairiehammer

Speaking of ammo;

Anyone out there want some Winchester-Western 7mm Remington Magnum fired brass? I've got 20 each. I'll give them to whomever wants them at MD. But speak up, because I won't bring them to MD if no takers.

I also have one 30-06 fired brass with headstamp FA 38 NM. "National Match"

7mm Rem Mag is my round of choice in trying to keep the roads free of deer. I could put that to very good use. I even have a can of powder and a box of 7mm 140g Ballistic Tip bullets just looking for a home.:thumbsup: