IGNORED

Two Bad Boy Horns from Harbor Freight--Increased safety

lanster

I just wanted to let yall know that I put two Harbor Freight Bad Boy Horns on my 06 RSV Midnight Hannigan trike. The horns are very loud and only cost $40 a piece plus labor unless you put them on yourself. I feel much safer and cages can definitely hear me.

Geesh! I was just up thee yesterday. Big sale started. Guess I missed it on the ad.

Location: On the 1st gen, I installed mine on the same place the right side stock horn was. Used same wiring to wire the relay. 2nd gen...horn will go on the right side...just in front of the passenger foot rest....when I get the mount. Nice little nook...relay under panel there.

So are you guys splitting off the set of wires coming from the 1 horn to make it run 2 or are you going into the wiring further?

When I wired mine I came off the relay with a spliter wire and ran them to both horns. When I put the trumpet horns on I used another relay for that set. When I installed the electric horns under the fairing I ran another relay and used the horn wires from the lower left fairing to activate them.

Decals will come off!

I'll wire my relay to be triggered by stock horn. Simple tap off of whichever horn is easiest to deal with, probably front under fairing. I'll leave stock horns connected for 3horn sound... For whatever that's worth. On my 1st Gen, the original horn ads a bit of noise... And it can't hurt!

• 2 months later...

The heck with "safety". I just like it when cagers drop their cell phone / coffee cup / cheeseburger at the sound of my horn. The relay that came with mine gives me t he option of a brief tap tap of my stock horn, or with a 1/4 second extra the air horn kicks in.

I had a dealer install them. I'll stop by and ask the mechanic where he placed them and let you know. I drive by it to/from work. He told me where few months ago-forgot.

Maybe you could just blow them and see (hear) where the sound comes from?

:rotf:

Pictures show a pair of air horns and fog lights mounted on an aftermarket bracket. Markland made them I think.

Left one needed an extender to mount horn, needed about 2" shift outboard to mount air horns. I used straps that stock horns use to make it.

Not very good pictures, last one shows bracket the best.

Gary

20150810_202812.jpg

20150810_202804.jpg

20150810_202752.jpg

20150810_202738.jpg