IGNORED

Weather app for android smart phone

CaptainJoe

Whats the best weather app for a android smart phone?

I have seven different weather apps on my smart phone. Between the seven at any given time there are four different forecasts. One will say dry and warm. Another one rain and cold....mostly cloudy....partly sunny. Weather forecasters use computer models that will show multiple possible tracks for a storm, or forecasts for what the weather "might" be. They pick one.

Don't think there is a "smart" weather app for phones. You might find one app that is accurate today, but totally wrong tomorrow.

Since most of them are based on meteorologists, and we all know meteorologists all are not real good at what they do.......

The best ones are Stickyourheadoutthewindowandlookup.con or Goforarideandseewhathappens.con

When travelling, I'll use a couple apps to look at radar...and even these quite often are different for current conditions. I'll see what a couple of them are forecasting....make my own guess based on radar and what I see in the sky, and then keep an eye out for building clouds, cars coming towards me with lights or windshield wipers going....

I have seven different weather apps on my smart phone. Between the seven at any given time there are four different forecasts. One will say dry and warm. Another one rain and cold....mostly cloudy....partly sunny. Weather forecasters use computer models that will show multiple possible tracks for a storm, or forecasts for what the weather "might" be. They pick one.

Don't think there is a "smart" weather app for phones. You might find one app that is accurate today, but totally wrong tomorrow.

When travelling, I'll use a couple apps to look at radar...and even these quite often are different for current conditions. I'll see what a couple of them are forecasting....make my own guess based on radar and what I see in the sky, and then keep an eye out for building clouds, cars coming towards me with lights or windshield wipers going....

I'd say you nailed it!

I use weatherspark.com and have found it to be better than 90% accurate on a daily basis. Don't know if there is an app for it since no one makes apps anymore for my not so smart iPhone 3G. I don't have a data plan but can load a webpage when connected to WiFi although it does not include the Java radar app because the old thing does not drink Java.

Steve loaded Raindar, WeatherBug, Accuweather and I will tell him about NOOA. They are all different and each has merits...

will have to look into widget Google?

Really like the real time radar of RainDar... Don't want to get stuck in a tornado when I go out west this year...

Thanks Guys!

Jay

Those are some really nice pics... We'll be posting some from down there... I can taste that fresh seafood now!