IGNORED

Alright Guys, Hate to Ask....

Chaharly

I know this has probably been asked a million times but I'm truly having a hard time finding it.

What is the best direct replacement headlight for the Second Gen Royal Star Venture.

Was gonna go with the silverstar ultra, but i hear they dont last long.

Remember someone saying something about a bulb that started with a P... but i cant find the thread?

So whats a good bulb to run

This will go down the same road as asking about the best oil or tires.

There are pros and cons to every choice available.

Only you can decide which pros and cons matter to you to be able to make the best choice for you.

Most people will say that what they have is the best, that is why they bought it.

With that disclaimer, my choice is HID.

Pros,

It is the brightest available option.

Reduced Amp Draw on the bikes electrical system.

Cons

Cost

More work to install.

Technically not legal for road use. (I have never heard of anyone getting stopped unless they went with a color other than white)

Many cheap short lived options available.

I think you are just looking for the recommended H4 bulb rather than swap out the guts of the headlight.

I've run the Silver Star Ultra and it seems to be the bulb of choice. I carry a spare "OEM" bulb just in case. As for how long they last...I'd prefer the question how bright are they? On paper, they are the brightest direct replacement bulb you can get (as far as I know). My passing light bulbs are far brighter (GE H7616).

A for the bulb that starts with a "P", think you are referring to PIAA. I don't have any experience with them. If you do a search on PIAA you'll find several hits.

I have run the Wagner BP1210 With that being said it is more draw on charging system. But at bottom of page it shows a HELLA that is 55w low beam and the 100w high. That might be an option for you. I get an HID off e-bay for around $40. EZ plug and play with a relay and everything. About 20 min or so to install depending on if you can get your mitts in there to change the bulb anyways.

where did you get the replacement lights that fit in passing lamps? or did you swap out the entire assembley? (bulb, headlight and pot)

I've got the PIAA H3 XTreme White Plus (35w) in my passing lamps & the PIAA H4 XTreme White Plus (60/55w) in my headlight. All have been going strong for about 8 years now. Couldn't be happier.

Brian

Silverstar is a good bulb. You can change it out with a spare while on the road if you carry one. On the other hand the HID may be brighter but not that easy to repair. I had a ballest go out on me one night a long way from home. I have driveing lights, but there just extra wally world lights. It was a long ride home. The best bulb is one you carry a spare for and is easy to change on the road.

where did you get the replacement lights that fit in passing lamps? or did you swap out the entire assembley? (bulb, headlight and pot)Brian
When I bought them I got the v star lamps instead of the venture sealed beam so I could change the bulbs easily. I bypassed the switch on the left lamp & put a push button lighted switch next to the left speaker.

Silverstar is a good bulb. You can change it out with a spare while on the road if you carry one. On the other hand the HID may be brighter but not that easy to repair. I had a ballest go out on me one night a long way from home. I have driveing lights, but there just extra wally world lights. It was a long ride home. The best bulb is one you carry a spare for and is easy to change on the road.

I carry a stock H4 bulb as a spare to my HID. I takes no more effort or time to change out the HID vs stock or any other H4 bulb. I paid more for a premium HID and have had zero issues in 4 years.

I have run the Wagner BP1210 With that being said it is more draw on charging system. But at bottom of page it shows a HELLA that is 55w low beam and the 100w high. That might be an option for you. I get an HID off e-bay for around $40. EZ plug and play with a relay and everything. About 20 min or so to install depending on if you can get your mitts in there to change the bulb anyways.

So the Wagner bp1210 is just a direct replacement?

I've got the PIAA H3 XTreme White Plus (35w) in my passing lamps & the PIAA H4 XTreme White Plus (60/55w) in my headlight. All have been going strong for about 8 years now. Couldn't be happier.

:sign yeah that: Tried the silver star, it was good but not good enough. I switched to the PIAA in 2008 and have run on the same bulb since for 47,000 km. Totally pleased with it.