IGNORED

Looks like Venturers.org just went offline

Bert2006

I joined the other site before I found this one and was on for a couple of years. At that time, it seemed they were more down than up. Not sure exactly when I joined this one, but it was a couple months before Vogal I. I was here before the big crash and have been happy ever since.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Please tell us facebook link.... the one that is a closed page with 10 members?

Yes it is 'closed group'. Since it is a closed group, if you are not a paid up member of the Venturers, you will not be able to see it. If you are a paid member, and have asked to join the Facebook Venturers page and have been accepted, the link to the Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/the.venturers/

Here is an email that the guys put out regarding the outage:

On Monday, December 1 at 11:30 pm, our webmaster, Todd Barnhill, was notified of a ToS violation by our internet host IXWebhosting. Apparently one of our databases was supposedly overloading their server. Todd responded to the notice in approximately 30 minutes and then notified me of the notice. Todd informed them that we had hired a computer tech and he was in the process of going though our site in order to find and fix any problems. Since Todd had responded to their complaint in the appropriate amount of time we both felt we would be given time to correct any problems. At 10:08 am Tuesday, December 2, we still were in contact with IX and in fact were informed they were there to help if needed. However, shortly after noon that same day we received another notice from IX informing us that they had permanently suspended our account and our site was locked down. This is why you are unable to access the site.

In the time since then, I have made repeated calls to IX in an effort to get us back on line. Finally on Thursday, December 4, I was informed that we would be receiving a complete backup of our files and databases from them. We finally received them on Friday and they were sent to our newly hired computer tech. Mike and Todd have since been hard at work downloading everything. Mike has also been given the authorization to find a new company to host our site. Hopefully we won't be down much longer.

I apologize for the lateness of this but I wanted to be able to provide as much information as possible about the problem and the efforts to get the site back up and running. You have no idea how much effort has been put forth to clear this up.

To those members that are due for renewal in December plus our November members, we will be providing extra time to you to get your renewals in to the club. You won't be cut off because of this problem.