IGNORED

Making the Move

Wizard765

So there is a long story but I'm not going into it here yet.. track me down at an M&E and I'll try to explain ..

But I've made a deal with Abdul (Chabicheka) for his MM RSV. My 84 will be up for sale in the spring along with an 87 that I'm rebuilding...

Looking forward to the extra space. Starting to get somewhat excited BUT also feeling a little like a traitor... Anyhow it's a very nice well maintained bike and when I actually take possession I'll post some pics..

2nd Gen here I come....

So there is a long story but I'm not going into it here yet.. track me down at an M&E and I'll try to explain ..

But I've made a deal with Abdul (Chabicheka) for his MM RSV. My 84 will be up for sale in the spring along with an 87 that I'm rebuilding...

Looking forward to the extra space. Starting to get somewhat excited BUT also feeling a little like a traitor... Anyhow it's a very nice well maintained bike and when I actually take possession I'll post some pics..

2nd Gen here I come....

What! ... I was sure you'd get yourself a Road Glide after riding that rental out here :stickpoke:

Wayne,

I know what you mean, I made the move from 1st gen to 2nd gen last summer and it has been a good one so far. The extra room was perfect the only thing I don't like is the trunk on the 2nd gen is smaller and the bags seem a bit smaller.

Still good luck and I am sure you will have a blast on the new to you scoot.

Mike

What! ... I was sure you'd get yourself a Road Glide after riding that rental out here :stickpoke:

LOL That trip was fantastic and I enjoyed the ride with you and the rest of the guys. The Road Glide was a nice handling bike and looked good as well. I think the 2nd gen is more comfortable and I am totally sold on shaft drive as well as liquid cooling.. not to mention dependability..

Wayne,

I know what you mean, I made the move from 1st gen to 2nd gen last summer and it has been a good one so far. The extra room was perfect the only thing I don't like is the trunk on the 2nd gen is smaller and the bags seem a bit smaller.

Still good luck and I am sure you will have a blast on the new to you scoot.

Mike

Mike:

I'm actually going from an 84 to the 2nd gen so the bags are MUCH bigger.. I do have an 87 I'm rebuilding and was intending to move over to that this summer but I really do like the MM RSV and Abdul made me a good deal.. Thank you ABDUL

Wayne

oh no

that means that Carl, Rocket and i are the only Canadian 1st genners left

oh well, see you later

p.s.(congrats Wiz)

You missed at least one .... Camos

or are you like many other easterners and think Canada ends at the Ontario/Manitoba border? :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

You missed at least one .... Camos

or are you like many other easterners and think Canada ends at the Ontario/Manitoba border? :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

And are you like many other westeners who thinks Canada ends at the Ontario\Quebec border? :stickpoke:

:stirthepot::canada:

Well Wiz,, I am one of those old faithful 1st Genners that your speaking about and I gotta say,,, those MM's have haunted my dreams since the first time I ever saw one... I personally think they are the prettiest bike Yam ever produced (Tippy dont agree - she likes the Midnight),, I dont see where traitorism even enters into the picture.. Now if your name started with Yammer and ended with Dan,, than,, yea,, traitor would be applicable :rotf:

Personally,,, I still haven't witnessed a "race" between a 1st and 2nd gen so, inspite of all my ribbing to some folks,, I really have no factual clue BUT,,,, I do know that nothing short of Chuck Norris riding a V-Max, leaning over the bars with one arm tucked in and the other hand pulling on the throttle cable can come close to a 1st Gen so that race could be interesting :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Congrats Mr. Wizard on your new bike!!! Cant wait to see the pics!!!

Puc

Oh yeaaa,,, seeing how your one of our Northern neighbor biker types and buying/selling bikes,, have you got any idea of the costs/headaches associated with us importing one into the States from Canada?? How the heck does that work?? Can a person from the States buy a bike from Canada and ride it back or does it have to be trailered?? :detective:

Congratulations Wayne (I think). Must admit, while owning two 1st gens now and thinking that a 1st gen is my preferred bike, I have never actually ridden a 2nd gen. However, I have rode many miles with Abdul on what is now your new millennium and it sure is a good looking scoot, whether I was following him or looking at it behind me through my mirrors.

And are you like many other westeners who thinks Canada ends at the Ontario\Quebec border? :stickpoke:

:stirthepot::canada:

heck no!!! I've always considered British Columbia to be Canada ...eh

Everything East of us is ... well, either Ontario or Quebec but we're not sure which. Oh and then there's Taranna which is run by ... ahhh ... Chev? :confused24:

:whistling:

oh no

that means that Carl, Rocket and i are the only Canadian 1st genners left

oh well, see you later

p.s.(congrats Wiz)

Well you don't have that quite right,,, there are about 34 in Ontario alone, and that is only part of the count.

Anybody looking for an 85??

heck no!!! I've always considered British Columbia to be Canada ...eh

Everything East of us is ... well, either Ontario or Quebec but we're not sure which. Oh and then there's Taranna which is run by ... ahhh ... Chev? :confused24:

:whistling:

Oh and then there's Taranna which is run by ... ahhh ... Chev?

Ungh?????:confused07::confused07::confused07:

:confused24:

Oh yeaaa,,, seeing how your one of our Northern neighbor biker types and buying/selling bikes,, have you got any idea of the costs/headaches associated with us importing one into the States from Canada?? How the heck does that work?? Can a person from the States buy a bike from Canada and ride it back or does it have to be trailered?? :detective:

Puc I think the only ones that have to be trailered are Har...., well, uh, you know!!!:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: