IGNORED

front end alignment

pegscraper

I usually do my own front end alignments on my cars. Given that riding season is coming upon us before too long, I thought it would be a good time to do the same on my bike after its winter sleep. But as yet, I'm unable to find the caster and camber adjustments. Where are the daggone things on this bike? :confused24:

front Alignment is done by the two Spacers on left and right Side of the Wheel. Steering Head Bearings are beneath the top Yoke.

Other than this ... no Adjustment Possiblities given.

You can adjust and align the rear Wheel to the front Wheel by moving the rear Swingarm to left or right. But you will need another Bolt for the left Side, because the stock Bolt is a fixed one. Replace this with another Bolt and a Locknut will give you some Room. But i think the Suspension Levers will give almost no Room to move the Swingarm.

Guest tx2sturgis
.... But as yet, I'm unable to find the caster and camber adjustments. Where are the daggone things on this bike? :confused24:

Dont forget that after the time changes, you must swap out the winter air in your tires and replace that with summer air.

The nut on the seat adjusts the camber as he (or she) leans into the turns. It has to be dynamically adjusted on each turn. Caster can be adjusted by judicious application of throttle in lower gears and quick release of the clutch. :cool10:

And here I always thought that castor refered to oil and chamber was where you did the oil change. Now I'm all confused and have to go look at my scoot before I put it back together, to make sure I got everything lined up right for the castor to get into the chamber right at the back wheel. And now how exactly do you swing your arm in this process? Up and down, forward and backward or just round in a circle. And when you're all done do you really need to bolt, I'm getting a little old you see, or would a fast walk be sufficient.

Dont forget that after the time changes, you must swap out the winter air in your tires and replace that with summer air.

There are two gas stations near my house. One has a red air hose and the other has a black air hose. Which one is the summer air? I want to be sure to get the right one. Also is it to early yet to make the switch to the summer air?:think::think:

There are two gas stations near my house. One has a red air hose and the other has a black air hose. Which one is the summer air? I want to be sure to get the right one. Also is it to early yet to make the switch to the summer air?:think::think:

Geez, this is just common sense. The color red ALWAYS indicates "hot"....and since summer is hotter than winter, you should use the air out of the RED hose!!

:cool10:

I don't know about that. The winter air being more dense would have more nitrogen in it, no? Of course nitrogen gives better gas mileage and makes the tires wear longer dontcha know. We might just be better off using winter air all year. I ought to get an air tank just for inflating tires and only fill up the tank in the coldest of winter. Then I could have winter air all year long. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The nut on the seat adjusts the camber as he (or she) leans into the turns. It has to be dynamically adjusted on each turn. Caster can be adjusted by judicious application of throttle in lower gears and quick release of the clutch. :cool10:

That about sums it up! Great answer. As for the Winter air and Summer air- I get my regular customers with that all the time. Line to kid with them. LOL

Guest mmmouse

Down here, that's all we have is "summer air". :rotf: :rotf::whistling: