IGNORED

A Sad Day For Us...

bongobobny

We made the toughest decision of our lives today. Our beloved cat, Sonny was put to sleep this morning. He had a hyperthyroid condition and also kidney disease. He lost about 4 pounds in the last year, a lot for a cat who only 11 pounds to begin with. He was 18 years old. For the last few weeks he would hide under the bed all day, and stopped covering his litter in the litter box. He was not the same cat we loved all these years.

We just buried him in the side yard. We will miss him very much. I never had a cat love me as much as he did, and he was a people kitty, even people that didn't like cats liked Sonny.

Rest in peace our beloved pet.

Very sad news indeed Bob. Went through that a few years ago with a lab cross breed we had. Swore we would not get another pet. But when our son went off to Afghanistan we ended up with his rottweiler/sheppard pup. We've had her now for the last 4 years. I don't know if I'll out live "killer" or if she will out live me. It will be very hard either way.:(

:mytruck1:

Very sad day indeed, I had one pass on me suddenly as few years ago, he died in Marilyn's arms on the way to the animal emergency room, I have another that is 13 years old and we worry every day that he may not wake up of that we will have to make the same hard decision that you had to make. This one is like a piece of velco on a sweater, you sit down he is in your lap, you get up he follows you around so he can get back in your lap as soon as you sit down.

When my little one passed a few years ago I went here http://www.oldworldstones.com/gallery.htm and had them make a marker for me, will likely do the same when it is time for Mickey the Cat to go on to the other side.

Condolences to you and the family.

A house is not a home without a pet and a pet in a home is a member of the family. Like everyone has said sorry for your loss and we've all been through it.

We said we would't do it again but of course we did. Our guy right now just had a tumour removed from his chest today. He is only 3 so worth the cost if he gets more time.

This is him in his t-shirt so he won't scratch his staples. Oh it's our Airedale "Wilson"

Thank you all for the kind comments, they mean a lot!!!

We went to a local rescue shelter this afternoon to pet the kitties and one "found" us and we put a hold on her. In 2 weeks we will go back and if we feel the same we will bring her home! It is a lovely petite 2-3 yr old female pale calico that took to us and is very friendly!

To all, yes, Sonny was family, our son!! We can never replace him but we can develop a new relationship with a new pet! And yes, it does hurt a lot, both of us have been crying for the last couple of days!!

There will never be another Sonny, he was loved, spoiled, and will always be remembered!!

P6210003.jpg

Sorry to hear. I'm afraid we arent to far away from this same decision at our house. Our dog Tippy is now 16 years old. She doesnt move so well, doesnt hear well, and doesnt see well. As of now her quality of life is still good, but I am afraid of what this winter will bring. She is a house dog, and trips outside wont be easy. My wife is a vet tech and it will be extremely hard on my wife. But my wife knows when the proper time will be. Its going to be hard when it comes, and lately I have been thinking about the day. Not going to be fun at all.

No matter if its a dog or a cat or a bird or a horse, any animal that joins your home joins your heart. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet and hope that your heart bears the pain with the great memories of your time with him.

Ride Happy Ride Safe