IGNORED

Good bye to.....

Guest Swifty

Today, as the new owner rides away with the Browner, I'm saying goodbye to...

- a quarter million km of carefree riding and just as many memories,

- a wonderful machine that still has no equal, IMHO,

- a summer lifestyle I likely won't carry on with,

- a winter hobby that helped to build on my puny mechanical character with its demand for patience, perseverance, and dependency on others,

- and all the Venturerider friends that came along side me during this journey......I mean, for the short periods of time I let up on the throttle long enough for you to catch up.

A special thank you to Don Nelson for his part in facilitating the social aspect of this hobby over the last 8 years. (He is probably saying "hallelulia", with his fingers crossed!)

But who knows, maybe I will pull a "reiny rooster" sometime down the road...or maybe not.

Once a member always a member..........gonna miss ya Swifty......:crying::Laugh:........good luck with whatever you do..........but I do believe we will see you back here sooner or later!:Laugh:

- a quarter million km of carefree riding and just as many memories,

- a wonderful machine that still has no equal, IMHO,

- a summer lifestyle I likely won't carry on with,

- a winter hobby that helped to build on my puny mechanical character with its demand for patience, perseverance, and dependency on others,

- and all the Venturerider friends that came along side me during this journey......I mean, for the short periods of time I let up on the throttle long enough for you to catch up.

A special thank you to Don Nelson for his part in facilitating the social aspect of this hobby over the last 8 years. (He is probably saying "hallelulia", with his fingers crossed!)

But who knows, maybe I will pull a "reiny rooster" sometime down the road...or maybe not.

IMHO.......... I suggest you consider owning a 1998 or newer Honda Shadow 750 of some sort - ACE, Spirit, Aero, etc. I had one for a time this summer, alongside my '88VR, and found the Shadow to be very handy for a quick and dirty jaunt just around the area, and for some errand duty. Never would use the VR for that local short stuff, but then never would consider the Shadow for an all day 500 mile 'venture'. Really liked the Shadow for simplicity, low speed manners, easy handling, fast starts, and quick enough for traffic duty, and even stable at highway speeds. Having a low, easy to mount Shadow would enable you to just 'grab and go' for a short stimulus. And, you can bust your knuckles changing the oil and filter (very easy) to maintain your mechanical skills.

Sold the Shadow for more than I paid simply because I could, and besides....really needed the floor space... but now miss the 750 and kinda wish I had it back

Just IMHO....

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Edited by Peder_y2k
spell

David, you will always be a part of the family here!! I hope you told the new owner about us...

Not 100% sure... but is that Evan riding away with it?

Yes.... it is ! See pic in :

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=769219&postcount=1

Evan... you starting a collection ? You should have stopped by when you were in Kitchener

Edited by XV1100SE
confirmed - it is Evan

Evan... you starting a collection ? You should have stopped by when you were in Kitchener

Would have liked to stop by Don but we were committed to get to my daughter's place in Guelph for lunch and a visit with the grandkids.

My problem now is to decide which bike to run and what to do with the other one. I sure like my 88 which is why I bought another (Swifty's) 1st gen, but insurance here in Ontario is too expensive to put on both bikes.

:confused07: :whistling:

:think: :scratchchin:

Gonna miss you buddy! Whatever you get into next, and I know it will have to be fast, I hope you'll head back down south for some "real" biscuits-and-gravy!

Sincerely,

The Real Fast Guy :rasberry:

I think someone missed the fine print when they signed up here. There is no leaving, nope not at all. Once we get ya you can't leave us.

Hope you stick around no matter what you ride. Heck Jeff bought the wing and we stayed.

Margaret

Yeh and because of that we still gotta put up with Mini :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Uhhh Marcarl or was it Freebird made me say that .......:backinmyday:yeh that's what it was.

In any case your not so far away so stay in touch buddy.

Edited by saddlebum

Yeh and because of that we still gotta put up with Mini :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Uhhh Marcarl or was it free bird made me say that .......:backinmyday:yeh that's what it was.

In any case your not so far away so stay in touch buddy.

Yeah I'm sure they made you say that. I'll see you at next years MD mister.:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Dan you'll never sell your first gens so don't talk such nonsense or we'll have to have you checked out. You know make sure there isn't anything wrong with you, other then normal.:)

Margaret

What are you saying your faster than Swifty :think: :sign20:

Well Dave hope you get another soon. See you around.

Brad

All I can say Brad, I was usually looking at Swifty in my mirror; But it was rarely easy to keep him there!!!

Swifty,

I think I caught you a couple times and you didn't let off the throttle...

Enjoyed the miles (and conversations), we shared every time our roads crossed.

I don't know, Eck, it sure looks like the brownie was in front in those pictures....even though you were stopped. :scratchchin: :confused07: :whistling: :witch_brew:

WHAT YOUR LEAVING! Now who's going to bring up those subtle P conversations? Used to wake up the masses and the bird.:rotfl::rotfl: You can checkout but never leave completely. Goldwing, BMW,Victory time or is it three wheels? If you decide to stay you'll have to change you name to WAS SWIFTY.:rotfl::rotfl::D