IGNORED

Chat Helmets

Hawkdragon

Hind site being what it is I would probably spend the extra for upgraded headsets from the base or cheaper ones. My mic's have alot of background noise when turned up so I can hear her. I might would look into the bluetooth relm also. The plus there is you can listen to what you want to and she can listen to her stations.

It is the new age.... bluetooth has become quiet popular out there and seems to be catching on in some parts of the world. Telephone, music, GPS directions and even conversations about the beautiful scenery have been known to be transferred between driver and passenger as well as between different motorcycles.... with NO WIRES attached! Crazey I know but it seems to work. Many are still skeptical that it will continue to grow in popularity but it just might one day show up in cars, motorcycles as well, as a standard feature. Though I feel it unlikely to show up on a Venture from the factory any time soon Scala Rider ( http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/scala-rider-g9.html ) makes a fantastic system, differing levels available, it is clear, kinda like the person sitting behind you is speaking with out opening a full face helmet and screaming at the back of your head or chancing a large bug down their throat if they move around with a half helmet on.

Oh and did I mention the speakers are no longer made the size of your average hockey puck too so sorry no carving out the inside of your full face to fit the speakers in.

Just saying......:Laugh: :whistling:

We love our Scala Riders.

I have been using the Sena SMH10 since they first came out a couple years ago! http://www.freedomcyclelasvegas.com/2013/05/25/top-5-motorcycle-communication-headset-systems/ My wife and I enjoy using them while traveling. We use to ride with another biker who had the same setup and we used our intercom with him so much that it became an essential part of our trips.

ok best choice get a single head set system give the wife the earphones you get the microphone

second best My wife and I bought a pair of modular helmets with built in Bluetooth communication. my phone, gps and probably any other Bluetooth device communicates with this helmet. We also use it as an intercom while riding 2 up, I know the venture has this feature built in but you need a compatible headset and a cable to connect and disconnect. We also use the helmets for bike to bike communication this also works well up to about a quarter mile separation, then cuts in out before disconnecting.

while we are using the communication feature if I get a phone call I can just answer bu tapping the button(about the size and thickness of a quarter) on the side of the helmet.

as an intercom it works great. for bike to bike it is great from my Venture to her vstar 1100, from her bike to mine we get more engine and wind noise, sometimes enough to make conversation difficult. under normal cruise speed it is ok from hers to mine. Even when ambient noise is real high I am aware that she is trying to contact me, since I hear a beep in the helmet when she tries to transmit. It appears more than two bikes can use this for bike to bike communications, I think the limit is 3 bikes, but there is a 4 bike mode, but one then becomes the master(whatever that means). In short works well, cost $179 two years ago( through leather up). battery life is about a day of use, a few if only turned on but no conversation. Battery will hold a charge for a month or more if turned off. it takes overnight to charge from fully depleted. you charge the batteries in the helmet using a small phone sized charger

Guest bodasefus

When I had my former scoot,,, I had a cardo Scala unit... Works well,,, communicate with other Scala units... The bad thing is they will not sync with non-cardo units... they do interface with my smart phone and I can play music and receive phone calls through the unit hands free...

I bought my VR and liked the sound system but couldn't communicate with other riders... My friend has a new wing but does not use the audio system,,, I got to work on that to get him to use the CB... That will work...

I just bought a unit that will transmit over the FM radio and it is bluetooth also... I am hoping that it will interface with my android phone to allow me to receive calls,,, listen to my music over the sound system... If it works,,, this will be a super addition and expanded the aucio system...

So much technology out there to work with,,, just have to have time and money to get it...

My wife and i have used the sena smh10 bluetooth headsets for the last 2 years. We can intercom, i can answer my phone, use my android phone for navigation, all at the same time. One great feature is that this model is firmware upgradable using your computer. I found my best price from radiorider.com.

Are there headsets that will plug into the factory intercom on my 1988 royale?

Yes anything that will fit a gold wing will fit our bikes. I have a set of J&M's on two helmets and a cheaper IMC motorcom on my flip front helmet. The IMC cost half as much as the J&M's and work every bit as good.

My wife and i have used the sena smh10 bluetooth headsets for the last 2 years. We can intercom, i can answer my phone, use my android phone for navigation, all at the same time. One great feature is that this model is firmware upgradable using your computer. I found my best price from radiorider.com.

How do you plug ito the bike's stock audio system?

It is the new age.... bluetooth has become quiet popular out there and seems to be catching on in some parts of the world. Telephone, music, GPS directions and even conversations about the beautiful scenery have been known to be transferred between driver and passenger as well as between different motorcycles.... with NO WIRES attached! Crazey I know but it seems to work. Many are still skeptical that it will continue to grow in popularity but it just might one day show up in cars, motorcycles as well, as a standard feature. Though I feel it unlikely to show up on a Venture from the factory any time soon Scala Rider ( http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/scala-rider-g9.html ) makes a fantastic system, differing levels available, it is clear, kinda like the person sitting behind you is speaking with out opening a full face helmet and screaming at the back of your head or chancing a large bug down their throat if they move around with a half helmet on.

Oh and did I mention the speakers are no longer made the size of your average hockey puck too so sorry no carving out the inside of your full face to fit the speakers in.

Just saying......:Laugh: :whistling:

We love our Scala Riders.

We have the Scala Rider's...... They're great. Used them for this trip :thumbsup2:

So I sometimes ride with a group that uses CB radios to communicate amongst bikes. Is there anything that I can plug into my intercom port on the Royale that will interface to one of the newer Bluetooth type headsets? Bluetooth is great but I need to be able to use the CB.

Thanks.

That Sena SM10 only mentions allowing riders to listen to the bikes audio system while I want to be able to talk on the CB, listen to music, use intercom, etc.

The SR10 would require me to buy a CB, but the bike already has one. Seems to be a big miss on Sena's part while an admission that they think people want some sort of bridge to BT.

Their SC-A0122 5 pin din to 3.5mm stereo plug is the least expensive I've seen at $25 though...