IGNORED

gas milage

Last sat. when we meet I ran I 90 to Elroy at 70mph got 40.000 then to your place and home 41.something I am always 40 and above unless I am over 70mph 45mpg is on a real good 2up slower ride day on back roads

just sinc my carbs so look out now

Guest tx2sturgis

Ethanol blended gasoline has less btu per gallon so you will get roughly 10% less mpg than if you can find and use pure gas.

Plus, the kind of riding you do, the bike's state of tune, the gasoline grade and quality, your elevation, winds, and geography you ride thru will all make a difference.

Most riders seem to get between about 34 to 45. I have seen mine as low as 27 pulling a trailer at high speeds, to about 48 when just slowly putting thru the mountain back roads.

Also keep in mind that the odometer may be reading optimistic miles per gallon. When you install a Speedohealer, or compare it with another bike with an accurate odometer, you will have a better idea of actual mileage.

Thanks for the info had the Venture for a couple of weeks and put a little over 600 miles on. I am averaging 38 miles per gallon with Sharon and me.

Orlin

Maybe you are just riding harder trying to get the same performance that you are used to from your old 1st gens......

I know Sharon likes to go fast........

Well someone had to go there......