IGNORED

Revealed: 2014 Indian Chieftain Tourer, $22,999

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

111 Cubic Inch Fuel Injected, and hard bags and fairing...first ever on Indian.

"ABS; Cruise Control; Driving Lights; Highway Bar; Keyless Start; Power Windshield; Premium Leather Seats; Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags; Tire Pressure Monitoring; 100 Watt Stereo with AM/FM Bluetooth and Smartphone Compatible Input"

Much more on the website. Lookin good!

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/chieftain-motorcycle

http://cdn.polaris.com/ind/2014/img/vehicles/ct0lbiprfei61dmvllj/detail/media_viewer/photos_large/photos_large_1.jpg

Edited by tx2sturgis

Watched the video. The bike has a lot going for it.

However, the stitching on the seat isn't for me. I can imagine it wearing out rather quickly.

The way the lids and the saddle bags come together looks cheap to me.

That newly designed engine has to carry the name for them to want that price. I know I can't afford one. And, by the way, what would I then do with all of my cassettes?

Oh well, some folks will be riding those bikes for sure.

I like it - wished they would have considered a trunk for it, I could see maybe Corbin jumping on that for an aftermarket idea. I do like the fairing - and was reading all those lights are LED's - good planning on their part. Wish them well in the market. :080402gudl_prv:

I like it - wished they would have considered a trunk for it, I could see maybe Corbin jumping on that for an aftermarket idea. I do like the fairing - and was reading all those lights are LED's - good planning on their part. Wish them well in the market. :080402gudl_prv:

YEP! :sign yeah that: too... I searched and they didn't even offer a trunk in their accessory area. Maybe a Harley trunk will work....??? It ain't a touring machine unless it's gotta trunk.... :whistling:

My very good friend is in Sturgis with the local NC dealer and three other people. He called me within the last hour and has ordered the Chieftain. He said that it is a good possibility of a trunk coming soon as an accessory and a larger pillon seat.

One can only dream. I love the looks and the electronics.

:farmer:

Guest tx2sturgis
He called me within the last hour and has ordered the Chieftain.

Would you post his thoughts after he has ridden it for awhile?

I really like that bike.

:happy34:

Guest tx2sturgis
and was reading all those lights are LED's

In the video, the headlight and passing lights look like standard halogen bulbs...I'm sure an LED headlight and passing lights will be available.

Guest tx2sturgis
Not a fan of the fairing at all. I think the Chief Vintage is a better looking bike. Needs work in my opinion. Price is much better than before, but the styling needs work.

From the riders position you cant see the (front of the) fairing anyway!

:p

To tell the truth, I like the styling more than that of the Harleys and all the HD copycats. At least Indian has the intestinal fortitude to make their own bike. Those that don't like it probably never liked the Indian styling right from the start. Simply different strokes for different folks.