IGNORED

First ride after 2 years.......

1BigDog

Well folks after 2 long years of not riding, between surgery, bad knee pain, and rebuilding the bike front to back I finally took her out for my first ride since April 2011. Man, it felt good. Im still a little shaky but the bike did pretty good overall. Took it to work and ill see how I feel riding home in the dark tonight. I still need to practice some as I have gotten a bit rusty but the summer is long and im sure ill make the time. Some of he mods includes a complete fork rebuild with new innards and Progressive springs along with 10w Amsoil fluid, new races and bearings, de-burred polished lower legs, beer cans and lower tree, chrome upper tree and risers, Chrome wheels front and back along with polished rotors, Flanders bars, Sky-doc's R1 caliper kit which I removed the powder coat from and polished the calipers as well, SS lines all around, new Clearview shield, VMax rear, valve adjustment and carb sync, cassette deck removal, Polk speakers front and rear and tons of small stuff to numerous to list. Plans as soon as it cools down are to polish the fins and dechrome and polish some older billet parts that are fading/peeling. Not bad for a 14 year old bike. :smile5:

attachment.php?attachmentid=77667&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1371001158

Awesome job on the makeover, I know how you feel. After I finally finished redoing my 83 twice, once for repaint and the other for the tranny, it was an awesome feeling, she drove like she was brand new and I was kinda unsteady, after all I had been riding my V Star for all that time and the handling is nowhere near the same. Enjoy and be safe. Looking forward to seeing it in person some day.

No way anyone would guess that bike is 14 years old. You did a great job :thumbsup2:

:sign yeah that:

BTW, I thought the R1 calipers were anodized blue. How difficult was it to remove the blue? Usually, anodized color is a bear to polish out, but if it was powder coat (paint), stripper would remove the majority, requiring just a bit of mechanical polishing.

I like it (the clear aluminum calipers) alot.

:sign yeah that:

BTW, I thought the R1 calipers were anodized blue. How difficult was it to remove the blue? Usually, anodized color is a bear to polish out, but if it was powder coat (paint), stripper would remove the majority, requiring just a bit of mechanical polishing.

I like it (the clear aluminum calipers) alot.

It was a real PIA to strip.